Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 1st March 2012, 17:19   #181
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pushkark View Post
3. Can you suggest any alternative for buying silk sarees instead of Pochampally?
Plenty of shops all around the city,drive around and whichever suits you get into the shop.There is a place called General Bazaar in Secunderabad,cant drive need to do it on foot,its shoppers delight inside,small bylanes selling you anything and everything.

Quote:
4.How to book the snow world? do you know their website?
Well not really sure what you would go there for?In my opinion the place is not that great.A lot of hype for sure,but can be easily given a miss.

Quote:
any good places to try the hyderabadi cuisine, not splurge ones though..
paradise and the likes are not heavy on the pocket,like I mentioned earlier,there is nothing to beat a Biriyani in Hyderabad.You can take biriyani out of hyd but you can never take a biriyani out of a hyderabadi!

[/quote]

Quote:
What time should I budget for visit to Golconda?
depends on your interest levels,there are people who spend entire days there,from a tourist point of view budget for a good 2 hours to see the place and another 2 hours for the light and sound show.be there around 430 and it should be ok.

Quote:
Also can you suggest a few items that I should shop for?
Hyderabadi pearls,jhoothis from near charminar and do walk around charminar and dont miss the Laad Bazaar(bangle bazaar)at charminar,general bazaar at secunderabad is another shopping area.banjara hills,gvk one mall for upper end shopping.inox for movies,like Hyd-Traveller pointed out,hussain sagar in the evenings,walk around the innumerable parks,eat at eat street.

Quote:
As for Ramoji what ticket would you suggest?
entirely dependent on your budget,if you have the budget for the higher end tickets then go for it,nothing like it,you would be treated like royalty.you also get to take your car inside if you opt for that ticket.book online on their website and it would save you the hassle of standing in the q..:: Ramoji Film City ::.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 11:26   #182
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Am Planning a Thane - Hyderabad trip . Leave Thane by 04.30 hrs on 28th April 2012 , back in Thane on 1st May 2012.

Thane to Pune Should take 2 hours , now from Pune to Somajiguda ( hydbad ) .. what would be the best route and what would be the time am looking at to reach .

Its my first long drive ( 400 +kms) , would be driving with my wife in a Figo TDCI.

I intend to take minimal breaks , will pack breakfast , but will have to stop for lunch around 13.00 hrs and again tea/ coffe twice 11:00 hrs & 16:00 hrs . PLease suggest locations/ places for these breaks.

All tips are welcome .
karizma_devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 13:12   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karizma_devil View Post

Am Planning a Thane - Hyderabad trip . Leave Thane by 04.30 hrs on 28th April 2012 , back in Thane on 1st May 2012.

Thane to Pune Should take 2 hours , now from Pune to Somajiguda ( hydbad ) .. what would be the best route and what would be the time am looking at to reach .

Its my first long drive ( 400 +kms) , would be driving with my wife in a Figo TDCI.

I intend to take minimal breaks , will pack breakfast , but will have to stop for lunch around 13.00 hrs and again tea/ coffe twice 11:00 hrs & 16:00 hrs . PLease suggest locations/ places for these breaks.
Pune to Hyderabad should take you 10-12 hours with breaks.With a 4am departure from Thane,you should be able to reach Somajiguda latest by 6-8pm

Thane-Pune: 2hours 120kms
Pune-Solapur: 5-6hours 250kms
Solapur-Patancheru: 5hours 300kms

Once you exit the MPEW,stick onto the NH4 Pune bypass and take the Katraj new tunnel and go on NH4 via the Via Duct in the direction of Satara.At Kapurhole,take a left towards the Balaji Temple,carry on till Saswad and then onwards to Jejuri,Morgaon,Baramati.From Baramati take the road to Indapur where you would rejoin NH9.Take a right on NH9 towards Solapur.Pune to Solapur should be done in about 5-6hours via this route.

At Solapur take the left bypass towards Hyderabad(well marked) and go on.Solapur to Patancheru(Hyd outskirts) would take you a good 4.5 to 5 hours.From there to Somajiguda should take you an hour to 90 minutes dependent on traffic conditions.

There is absolutely no eating places on the entire route till you reach Solapur.You could stop for lunch at Solapur.There are a couple of dhabas on both sides of the road before you reach Solapur.Whichever appeals to you stop there.We generally stop at an Aviraj Dhaba onto your right.

For tea/coffee breaks stop at any tapri or wayside dhaba which you feel is ok.There is a decent one at Homnabad again to your right and there is one more after Zaheerabad after the town to your right.

To reach Somajiguda,I would reccomend that you go via Hitec City.Take a right to the Miyapur-Gachibowli road at Miyapur Cross Roads.Go till Kothaguda Cross Roads at Kondapur.Take a left towards Hitec City.Keep straight and you would land up at Somajiguda directly.

Dehu Rd, Dehuroad Cantoment, Pimpri Chinchwad, Maharashtra to Somajiguda, Andhra Pradesh - Google Maps
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 13:38   #184
Senior - BHPian

I did pune - hyd back in november 2011 in 8.5 hrs with a very short break for breakfast at sholapur for 20 mins.
520 AM from Pune.
BHEL, Hyderabad 1:55 PM. I took the regular NH9

So 3 AM from from Thane, should reach hyderabad by 2 or 230pm. Can plan a late lunch at hyderabad say 3 PM.

How is the sugar cane traffic ?
F150 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 14:06   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I did pune - hyd back in november 2011 in 8.5 hrs with a very short break for breakfast at sholapur for 20 mins.
520 AM from Pune.

So 3 AM from from Thane, should reach hyderabad by 2 or 230pm. Can plan a late lunch at hyderabad say 3 PM.

Wow, 8.5hrs-Pune-Hyd is good time. What speeds were you hitting?
mb_jg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 14:44   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg

Wow, 8.5hrs-Pune-Hyd is good time. What speeds were you hitting?
120kmph on empty stretches, mostly 100kmph. Sometimes even 50 - 60 kmph.
The important point to note is early morning start and there was almost no traffic till I reached sholapur outskirts. Just watchout for the volvos coming towards pune.
F150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 15:17   #187
Senior - BHPian

I have done Hyderabad - Mumbai in 8.5 hours. Started Secunderabad at 0630 and hit home at Chembur 1500. This included chai breaks and nature calls.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 15:34   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
I have done Hyderabad - Mumbai in 8.5 hours. Started Secunderabad at 0630 and hit home at Chembur 1500. This included chai breaks and nature calls.
When was this feat achieved ?
Would love to know the details.

On my return trip started from bowenpally at 5 AM and reached Pune at 12:55 PM. I was exhausted by the time I reached pune. Heavy traffic on solapur pune section.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:16   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,

All tips are welcome .

I would suggest you to start by 4:00 am, that would mean you will be in pune around 06:00 am and reach destination by 5:00 pm.

Take the NH9 all the way to Hyderbad.

I have done this route in this March in my Figo Zxi (Diesel). I had started at 04:30 from Pune (Kothrud) and reached Amerpet in Hyderabad at 04:00 pm.

That included two breaks for tea and breakfast of 30 and 45 minutes.
Also had a Lunch break in outskirts of Hyderabad, treated myself with a delighting hyderabadi birayani. Took 60 minutes for the same.
pushkark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 14:35   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Pune to Hyderabad should take you 10-12 hours with breaks.With a 4am departure from Thane,you should be able to reach Somajiguda latest by 6-8pm

Thane-Pune: 2hours 120kms
Pune-Solapur: 5-6hours 250kms
Solapur-Patancheru: 5hours 300kms

Once you exit the MPEW,stick onto the NH4 Pune bypass and take the Katraj new tunnel and go on NH4 via the Via Duct in the direction of Satara.At Kapurhole,take a left towards the Balaji Temple,carry on till Saswad and then onwards to Jejuri,Morgaon,Baramati.From Baramati take the road to Indapur where you would rejoin NH9.Take a right on NH9 towards Solapur.Pune to Solapur should be done in about 5-6hours via this route.

At Solapur take the left bypass towards Hyderabad(well marked) and go on.Solapur to Patancheru(Hyd outskirts) would take you a good 4.5 to 5 hours.From there to Somajiguda should take you an hour to 90 minutes dependent on traffic conditions.

There is absolutely no eating places on the entire route till you reach Solapur.You could stop for lunch at Solapur.There are a couple of dhabas on both sides of the road before you reach Solapur.Whichever appeals to you stop there.We generally stop at an Aviraj Dhaba onto your right.

For tea/coffee breaks stop at any tapri or wayside dhaba which you feel is ok.There is a decent one at Homnabad again to your right and there is one more after Zaheerabad after the town to your right.

To reach Somajiguda,I would reccomend that you go via Hitec City.Take a right to the Miyapur-Gachibowli road at Miyapur Cross Roads.Go till Kothaguda Cross Roads at Kondapur.Take a left towards Hitec City.Keep straight and you would land up at Somajiguda directly.

Dehu Rd, Dehuroad Cantoment, Pimpri Chinchwad, Maharashtra to Somajiguda, Andhra Pradesh - Google Maps
Thanks a ton for the detailed directions. really appreciate it.

Quote:
520 AM from Pune.

Sounds perfect if I reach hyderabad in 12 hours flat .
Is it a on off case of reaching in 11-12 hours of the norm ? I guess 15 hours would be the max considering abnormal traffic ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy View Post
Wow ! you must have blazed ?

Quote:
I would suggest you to start by 4:00 am, that would mean you will be in pune around 06:00 am and reach destination by 5:00 pm.

Take the NH9 all the way to Hyderbad.

I have done this route in this March in my Figo Zxi (Diesel). I had started at 04:30 from Pune (Kothrud) and reached Amerpet in Hyderabad at 04:00 pm.

That included two breaks for tea and breakfast of 30 and 45 minutes.
Also had a Lunch break in outskirts of Hyderabad, treated myself with a delighting hyderabadi birayani. Took 60 minutes for the same.
Again if i take out the 135 minutes break time , I am looking at 9.5 hours from Pune to Hyderabad? Add 2 hours to mumbai .. so around 11-12 hours drive.

Now guys I didnt get tatkal tickets , my general booking tickets are wl 19/20 , so dont expect any miracles in 24 hours . Volvo tickets at last moment are sky high , and i really am not comfortabe ( may be mentally) in buses.

Only option left is driving , which is my first choice of course ( when i was under the impression from google map 8.5 hours for the 7-00 kms). But if you look at my plan I will get only a day and half i.e sunday at hyderabad & saturday evening.

But if it takes more than 11-12 hours to reach ..well my plans wont work out .
Old 26th April 2012, 14:45   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the detailed directions. really appreciate it.

Sounds perfect if I reach hyderabad in 12 hours flat .
Is it a on off case of reaching in 11-12 hours of the norm ? I guess 15 hours would be the max considering abnormal traffic ?

Again if i take out the 135 minutes break time , I am looking at 9.5 hours from Pune to Hyderabad? Add 2 hours to mumbai .. so around 11-12 hours drive.

Now guys I didnt get tatkal tickets , my general booking tickets are wl 19/20 , so dont expect any miracles in 24 hours . Volvo tickets at last moment are sky high , and i really am not comfortabe ( may be mentally) in buses.

Only option left is driving , which is my first choice of course ( when i was under the impression from google map 8.5 hours for the 7-00 kms). But if you look at my plan I will get only a day and half i.e sunday at hyderabad & saturday evening.

But if it takes more than 11-12 hours to reach ..well my plans wont work out .
12hrs BOM-Hyd is going to be difficult under normal circumstances.I dont think you would be able to do much in the evening of the day you reach considering that you wouldnt have had the easiest of drives via the NH9.

You would get tickets in the Duronto but then its a biweekly train.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 15:04   #192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1

12hrs BOM-Hyd is going to be difficult under normal circumstances.I dont think you would be able to do much in the evening of the day you reach considering that you wouldnt have had the easiest of drives via the NH9.

Ranjit bro,
Early morning 3 AM start.
Why is it not achievable if we keep the breaks to the minimum ? 2 + 9
Unless we have heavy sugar cane traffic ?

Last edited by F150 : 26th April 2012 at 15:13.
Old 26th April 2012, 16:05   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

There's a Jan Shatabdi from Pune early morning 5.50 hrs would reach Hydrebad by 15:00 hrs same day. Only if I could park my car at pune for 3-4 days at a safe place , even if i have to pay more.

Quote:
Ranjit bro,
Early morning 3 AM start.
Why is it not achievable if we keep the breaks to the minimum ? 2 + 9
Unless we have heavy sugar cane traffic ?
I have never seen 3 AM in my life. Guess 4.30 AM would be a realistic target.
I have heard stories of attrocious Sugar Cane traffic from a few people on that route .. we can never predit it. But if i could some how manage the drive in 11 hours .
Old 26th April 2012, 18:19   #194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When was this feat achieved ?
Would love to know the details.
A couple of years back. Surprisingly I hardly encountered any traffic till Pune.

Quote:

Ummm - was driving the vRS then and with almost zero traffic till Pune, you can say I was blazing. 100 kmph was a constant.

In fact we were timing ourselves for small stretches - Zaheerabad to the next town - 30 kms in 30 minutes and invariably we were much ahead of schedule.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2012, 19:35   #195
BHPian

Discussion on the Mumbai Hyderabad route of today vs the route of 2 years back are not comparable and any reference of timings a couple of years back cannot and will not hold good for any one wanting to use this route in the near future.

This is mostly on account of the 4 laning of the road between Pune & Indapur at present and expected to start between Indapur & Sholapur in near future.

Please target 12 hours for Pune Hyderabad and 15 hours for Mumbai Hyderabad.

Note : the sugarcane season is over in my opinion.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote