Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 07:55   #226
BHPian
 
punto_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyd/Mumbai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Its going to be horrible driving night time on hyd-indapur.4am Hyd-930(10am) Solapur-230-3pm @Pune-430(5pm) @Panvel(2hrs MPEW)-Panvel to Thane peak hour traffic time 60-90mins.15hrs should be a safe bet.
I need to reach thane by 6pm. I will try and start by 3am - will avoid the night drive. Thank you for your quick response! :-)

Are there any decent hotels to stay in case i start on Saturday by 4pm or so? If i reach solapur by ~11 we can stay there in the night and start again in the morning from there.

Last edited by punto_ : 30th August 2013 at 07:59.
punto_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 09:11   #227
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,368
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
I'm planning to travel to Thane this Saturday night or Sunday morning. Is this route doable in the night? I've driven to Mahabaleshwar in Nov 2012 (night drive) the roads were not in good shape.

If i leave by 4am from Hyderabad on Sunday can i reach Thane by 6pm? Please suggest best route.

I'll be travelling on Punto (three guys).
Sunday has a little less traffic on Solapur-Pune sector, but is bad nonetheless.

KA sector (Homanabad area) is terrible.

Maybe the bets plan would be to leave Hyderabad at midnight so that you can cross Solapur-Indpaur (the 2-laned, under-widening sector) before the rest of the world wakes up.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2013, 09:27   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post

I need to reach thane by 6pm. I will try and start by 3am - will avoid the night drive. Thank you for your quick response! :-)

Are there any decent hotels to stay in case i start on Saturday by 4pm or so? If i reach solapur by ~11 we can stay there in the night and start again in the morning from there.
I would suggest that you leave Hyd by 2pm,4pm means it will take you ages to get out and reach BHEL(unless you are taking the ring road).Solapur is the only place that has hotels and be forewarned all the hotels are sad places atleast in ly opinion.Among them Surya Intl is ok,City Park is another one and Lotus is yet another one.There is a Fern Crossroads scheduled to open on the Solapur bypass in July but I dont think that is operational yet.Maybe you can check their website to see if thats open.Driving Hyd Solapur in the darkness is going to be pure misery,hence the suggestion to leave by 2pm so that you are at solapur by 7-8pm latest.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 16:50   #229
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 33
Thanked: 17 Times
Default Mumbai Pandharpur

Planning a quick getaway from Mumbai to Pandharpur. Read the posts and believe that this is the best route possible. Please advise.

Mumbai Pune EW
Pune to Indapur, Tembhumi NH9
Tembhumi Pandharpur SH 141.

Please advise if the SH 141 is a good choice. Am travelling with the wife and son (7 months). Any advice on places to eat and stay would be most appreciated.

I would be driving my Dzire Vdi, and start at 6.30 AM. This three day weekend

Thanks
us.dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 16:38   #230
BHPian
 
punto_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyd/Mumbai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

I have started from Hyd on 31st at about 3:30 PM (got delayed). I started from Lakdikapool and took the ORR from Gachibowli - roads almost till Zaheerabad are in decent condition. Once we crossed Zaheerabad the roads became bad to very bad to worse. The roads were in worse conditions for about 30 KMs, one cannot drive above 20kmph!

Once we are about 50-60kms away from Solapur the roads were in OK shape. We reached Solapur by 11:30PM.

We stayed in a small hotel near Solapur busstop after a long and frustrating drive.
In the morning we started from Solapur at 7 AM - the roads are in good condition and we can happily cruise @ 80kmph and also hit constant 100kmph+ where the dividers are laid out properly.

From Pune we took the Expressway - the view around is beautiful. Never expected it would be so scenic. We reached Mumbai by 2:30 PM.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2013, 21:51   #231
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by punto_ View Post
I have started from Hyd on 31st at about 3:30 PM (got delayed). I started from Lakdikapool and took the ORR from Gachibowli - roads almost till Zaheerabad are in decent condition. Once we crossed Zaheerabad the roads became bad to very bad to worse. The roads were in worse conditions for about 30 KMs, one cannot drive above 20kmph!

Once we are about 50-60kms away from Solapur the roads were in OK shape. We reached Solapur by 11:30PM.

We stayed in a small hotel near Solapur busstop after a long and frustrating drive.
In the morning we started from Solapur at 7 AM - the roads are in good condition and we can happily cruise @ 80kmph and also hit constant 100kmph+ where the dividers are laid out properly.

From Pune we took the Expressway - the view around is beautiful. Never expected it would be so scenic. We reached Mumbai by 2:30 PM.
8hrs hyderabad solapur speaks volumes of the nh9 condition.what a national disgrace this national highway is turning out to be and this has been the same story since ages and imagine this the most important road connectivity between two important Indian cities.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 14:14   #232
BHPian
 
punto_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyd/Mumbai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
8hrs hyderabad solapur speaks volumes of the nh9 condition.what a national disgrace this national highway is turning out to be and this has been the same story since ages and imagine this the most important road connectivity between two important Indian cities.
I really was fedup looking at the roads in the Solapur strech. I coudn't believe I was actually driving on NH! I kept checking GPS multiple times to ensure I'm on the right track!
punto_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2013, 14:21   #233
BHPian
 
punto_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hyd/Mumbai
Posts: 181
Thanked: 22 Times
Default Re: Mumbai Pandharpur

Quote:
Originally Posted by us.dash View Post
Planning a quick getaway from Mumbai to Pandharpur. Read the posts and believe that this is the best route possible. Please advise.

Mumbai Pune EW
Pune to Indapur, Tembhumi NH9
Tembhumi Pandharpur SH 141.

Please advise if the SH 141 is a good choice. Am travelling with the wife and son (7 months). Any advice on places to eat and stay would be most appreciated.

I would be driving my Dzire Vdi, and start at 6.30 AM. This three day weekend

Thanks
The roads from Mumbai - Pune (via EW) are excellent. Pune - Indapur also not many problems, you can maintain a steady 80kmph. Indapur - Tembhurni is also in good shape. However, I am not aware of the strech between Tembhurni - Pandharpur.

NOTE: Missed using multi-quotes. @Mods, please merge this post with my post above.
punto_ is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 12:30   #234
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 6
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Pls give me a short reply........whether it is worthwhile to drive in an Innova from Hyderabad to Khandala during 20th September 2013...just wanted to know from recent travelers........
drgvrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th September 2013, 12:56   #235
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgvrao View Post
Pls give me a short reply........whether it is worthwhile to drive in an Innova from Hyderabad to Khandala during 20th September 2013...just wanted to know from recent travelers........
Not sure what is the definition of "worthwhile" for you.If you like driving and going in a car,then its definitely doable.if you are looking at a quick getaway and back then you can take an overnight train to pune and cab it out from there to khandala and back.

If its conditions of roads,Hyd-Solapur is bad and would take you around 5-5.5hrs of drive.

Solapur-Temburni is comparitively better and from thereon the 4laning is complete.Solapur-Pune should take you around 5hrs

Pune(NH9,Hadapsar) to Pune Expressway Entry would take you another hour to 90 minutes dependant on traffic conditions within pune city.

from there to khandala should be done in 45mins to 1hr.

Overall budget for a 12-13hr drive.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2013, 13:36   #236
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default Alternate Route between Hyd and Mumbai (Pune)

Hi,

This is just to get updates and explore an alternate route between Hyd and Mumbai (Pune if need be) considering the pathetic condition of the NH9 between Solapur and Hyderabad.Total OTR territory around Zaheerabad,Homnabad etc.

Does anyone have any update on the Hyd-Gandipet-Manneguda-Pargi-Kodangal-Sedam-Shahabad-Jevargi-Bijapur-Athani-Miraj-Kolhapur-NH4 stretch?

This is to avoid the pathetic section between Miyapur and Zheerabad and again between Zaheerabad and Homnabad,otherwise the preferred one would have been NH9 till Homnabad and then NH218 towards Bijapur.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 13:38   #237
BHPian
 
satpalsharma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 81
Thanked: 154 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Just did a HYD-BOM-HYD on 2-6th Oct 2013

----Hyderabad-Mumbai | 15 Hrs | Door to Door -----------------------
7:00am-1:00pm :Hyderabad(Kukatpally) to Sholapur [break 35min] (6h)
1:00pm-1:30pm :Break (30m)
1:30pm-5:00pm :Sholapur to Pune [break 10min] (3h 30m)
5:00pm-6:30pm :Break (1h 30m)
6:30pm-10:00pm :Pune to Mumbai (Kandivali) [break 15min] (3h 30m)

12h << Total Driving Time
03h << Total BreakTime

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

----Mumbai-Hyderabad | 14 Hrs | Door to Door -----------------------
7:00am-9:45am :Mumbai(Kandivali) to Pune [break 10 min] (2h 45m)
9:45am-2:15pm :Pune to Sholapur [break 40 min] (4h 30m)
2:15pm-9:00pm :Sholapur to Hyderabad (Kukatpally) [break 40 min] (6h 45m)

12h 30min << Total Driving Time
01h 30min << Total BreakTime

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As stated earlier several times, the Hyderabad to Sholapur route is the one which takes lot of time, the road is really pathetic and in certain patches (Zaheerabad-Humnabad) you can't drive more than 40km/h. It is such a bad strech that one of the screws of my number plate got out and the number plate was hanging with just one screw left which was also about to fall when somebody pointed that to us (Glad that the number plate was still there hanging). We got it fixed from the local market there.

Sholpaur to Pune is mostly 4 lane now with some patches where one side of the road is still in progress and you've to take a diversion to the other side of the road and then join back again.
satpalsharma is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 15:27   #238
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

NH9 Hyd-Solapur is a national shame.The road looks like it has been carpet bombed all the way.The average speed cannot go up more than 35-40kph and leaves you and your care all rickety.Attaching some pictures.It took us 6hours to do the stretch leaving Sainikpuri at 330 and reaching Solapur at 915.I am looking at some better options for going back next week.Dont mind the extra distance considering the beating the car and the tyres took.
Attached Thumbnails
Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries-1.jpg  

Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries-3.jpg.jpg  

Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries-4.jpg.jpg  

Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries-5.jpg.jpg  

Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries-6.jpg.jpg  

Attached Images
 

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 11th October 2013 at 15:50.
ranjitp1 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2013, 14:45   #239
BHPian
 
Bigzero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 338
Thanked: 149 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

I have been thinking of a Hyderabad roadtrip from Pune this Diwali, but these pictures are not very encouraging!

Google maps gives me the following alternate options when I try to route it through Gulbarga .

1. Solapur - Akkalkot - Gulbarga - Sedam - Pargi - FarooqNagar ( on NH7 - north of Jadcherla ) - and on to Hyderabad - 591 km

2. Same route upto Pargi, from then on to Chevella and Himayat Sagar - Hyd - 584 kms

If the road conditions are better than the usual Solapur-Homnabad-Hyd route, this might be worth considering. Is there anyone who can share some insights on how these options are, in terms of road conditions?
Bigzero is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2013, 13:15   #240
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,538 Times
Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigzero View Post
I have been thinking of a Hyderabad roadtrip from Pune this Diwali, but these pictures are not very encouraging!

Google maps gives me the following alternate options when I try to route it through Gulbarga .

1. Solapur - Akkalkot - Gulbarga - Sedam - Pargi - FarooqNagar ( on NH7 - north of Jadcherla ) - and on to Hyderabad - 591 km

2. Same route upto Pargi, from then on to Chevella and Himayat Sagar - Hyd - 584 kms

If the road conditions are better than the usual Solapur-Homnabad-Hyd route, this might be worth considering. Is there anyone who can share some insights on how these options are, in terms of road conditions?
NH9 between Hyd and Solapur is plain horrible.It is carpet bombed as shown in my pictures above.

On my return I tried an alternate route and it was excellent roads all the way except for a small section of 18kms which was gravelled and looks like a case of neglect by the respective state govts because of the fact that the road falls at the border.

The route is as follows:
Pune-Solapur(dont take the flyover at solapur,take the upper ramp and cut across the road and climb down towards ur right)-Shivaji Chowk-Samrat Chowk-Pani Tanki Chowk-Left Turn-Akkalkot Road-Akkalkot-Wagdari-Hiroli-Aland-Gulbarga-Sedam-Ripponpalli-Ravulapally-Kodangal-Parigi-Manneguda-Chevella-Moinabad-ORR-Nanal Nagar X Roads-Langar Houz X Roads-Mehdipatnam

https://maps.google.co.in/maps?saddr...via=3&t=m&z=14

Roads are tolled and maintained by KSRDC between Hiroli(KA MH border) and Ripponpally and roads beyond are also very well maintained.Overall an excellent alternative to the regula NH9.Distance is exactly the same (310 odd kms).Travel time is reduced drastically,almost by 2hours to 3.5 to 4hrs.Eating options are also better.A very good restaurant at Gulbarga opposite the under construction ESIC Hospital (looks like a palace the hospital).The roads are as good as the GQ.

The border section between Akkalkot and Wagdari is gravelled and horrible,but dont lose hope,the GQ style Tolled road abruptly appears out of nowhere.
ranjitp1 is offline   (9) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune to Hyderabad : Route Queries shoky Route / Travel Queries 530 7th December 2016 11:53
Hyderabad - Goa : Route Queries kiranpashtakar Route / Travel Queries 844 4th December 2016 18:39
Hyderabad to Nasik : Route Queries lejhoom Route / Travel Queries 24 18th January 2016 14:06
Hyderabad - Coonoor - Ashtamudi: Route & Accommodation Queries MileCruncher Route / Travel Queries 2 5th January 2011 23:01
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:50.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks