Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th March 2014, 16:54   #286
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Yadav View Post
Revvveendra,
How safe is the above route for a night drive. Any idea on the route condition between Solapur and Bijapur .

I did the Bijapur - Jevargi- Gulbarga and further Gulbarga - sedam - kodangal - mahabubnagar route recently and would not recommend night driving. If at all it is a must, ensure that you have powerful headlights.

But then, I am not aware of the road conditions in the other route discussed.
mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 12:51   #287
BHPian

Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Planning on doing this route this Friday. Will be leaving at around 3AM from Pune. Hopefully should hit Solapur by 6 AM. So which section is the most horrible after this?
I am thinking that since only 300 kms are left i should be able to do it in 6-7 hours in my TATA SAFARI. Am I being too optimistic?
Ajitsingh208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 13:51   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
Planning on doing this route this Friday. Will be leaving at around 3AM from Pune. Hopefully should hit Solapur by 6 AM. So which section is the most horrible after this?
I am thinking that since only 300 kms are left i should be able to do it in 6-7 hours in my TATA SAFARI. Am I being too optimistic?
Yes 5-6hrs should be good enough for you to cover Solapur-Hyderabad outskirts.The bad sections are uniformly scattered the worst being around Naldurg and Homnabad.

PS:Be prepared for the searing 40degree plus heat enroute
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 16:40   #289
BHPian

Hi -
I plan to travel from Gachibowli (HYD) on Thursday early by 4am towards Andheri (MUM) & after going through the travelogue details of you all, I find this one suitable & less detouring.

Gachibowli - Sadashivpet (via ORR)
Sadashivpet - Zaheerabad
Zaheerabad - Bidar
Bidar (new bus stand road) - Humnabad
Humnabad - Solapur
Solapur - Pune
& thereafter ???

Since I'm leaving very early, I believe my 2006 model Optra should be in OK condition to bear this track. (I'm getting my car serviced & replaced with synthetic oil tomorrow with all other checks) Suggestions?

With this route, I believe I should be home (Mum) from home (Hyd) in 14hrs (including 1-2 breaks of 15-20 min)
rendezvous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2014, 20:14   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
I had taken Solapur-Akkalkot-Gulbarga route. 21 Kms from Akkalkot is horrible, except that its good roads. Especially the roads in Karnatka portion are too good.

I started at 6AM from Pune and was in Gachibowli by 4PM. 6-7 hours is sufficient for the 300km stretch. You should be in Hyderabad for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rendezvous View Post
Hi -
I plan to travel from Gachibowli (HYD) on Thursday early by 4am towards Andheri (MUM) & after going through the travelogue details of you all, I find this one suitable & less detouring.

Sadashivpet - Zaheerabad
Zaheerabad - Bidar
Humnabad - Solapur
Solapur - Pune
& thereafter ???

Since I'm leaving very early, I believe my 2006 model Optra should be in OK condition to bear this track. (I'm getting my car serviced & replaced with synthetic oil tomorrow with all other checks) Suggestions?

With this route, I believe I should be home (Mum) from home (Hyd) in 14hrs (including 1-2 breaks of 15-20 min)
Opel Corsa is fine enough, only that you will have to drive slow in bad patches. Pune onwards its Mum-Pune expressway, I guess that was obvious.
TaureanBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 09:50   #291
BHPian

Any suggestions on my route plan?

Since I'm getting my car serviced today, what more checks needs to be done before hitting the roads tomorrow?

I'm driving solo. Anyone interested to join me?
Old 7th May 2014, 09:52   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Hi -

Sadashivpet - Zaheerabad
Zaheerabad - Bidar
Humnabad - Solapur
Solapur - Pune
& thereafter ???

Since I'm getting my car serviced today, what more checks needs to be done before hitting the roads tomorrow?

Old 27th May 2014, 22:09   #293
BHPian

Quote:

Any update on the conditions on your trip?
Cyrus_the_virus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2014, 01:32   #294
BHPian

Yesterday I travelled from khopoli to hyderabad. My route was

Khopoli-pune-solapur-umerga-aland-gulbarga by pass via orr-farooqnagar-nh7 to mehdipatnam.

Total distance was 700kms against 630kms which is if I travel via nh9 all the way. This way I was able to avoid the stretch between umerga and hyderabad via nh9
nawabnabeel is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 14:55   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawabnabeel View Post

Khopoli-pune-solapur-umerga-aland-gulbarga by pass via orr-farooqnagar-nh7 to mehdipatnam.

Total distance was 700kms against 630kms which is if I travel via nh9 all the way. This way I was able to avoid the stretch between umerga and hyderabad via nh9
Thanks for the update.How is the stretch between Aland and Umerga and Umerga and Solapur.

Could you pls advise what was the time taken to cover the distance between Solapur and Aland and ORR
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th June 2014, 23:18   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Thanks for the update.How is the stretch between Aland and Umerga and Umerga and Solapur.

Could you pls advise what was the time taken to cover the distance between Solapur and Aland and ORR
The stretch between umerga and aland is ok not bad. It took me 7 hours from solapur to hyderabad.
nawabnabeel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 13:27   #297
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

Quote:
The stretch between umerga and aland is ok not bad. It took me 7 hours from solapur to hyderabad.
To summarize, taking the 70 km detour via Aland from Umerga adds around 1.5 to 2 hours to the normal time from Hyderaad to Solapur, when the road was good.

But I've read on this forum that the road between Zaheerabad to Umerga is not that bad nowadays. If this is correct, then is it still adivisable to take the detour?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 13:55   #298

Quote:
Hi -

Sadashivpet - Zaheerabad
Zaheerabad - Bidar
Humnabad - Solapur
Solapur - Pune
& thereafter ???

Can you share updates on the road condition based on your trip?
RoadSafety_RR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 15:28   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
To summarize, taking the 70 km detour via Aland from Umerga adds around 1.5 to 2 hours to the normal time from Hyderaad to Solapur, when the road was good.

But I've read on this forum that the road between Zaheerabad to Umerga is not that bad nowadays. If this is correct, then is it still adivisable to take the detour?
Can you please confirm about the road condition because as far as I know absolutely no repair work has been carried out on this stretch an it has atleast 100kms of pot holed and crater filled road on which I have to drive my vento in 2nd or 3rd gear.
nawabnabeel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2014, 23:15   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please confirm about the road condition because as far as I know absolutely no repair work has been carried out on this stretch an it has atleast 100kms of pot holed and crater filled road on which I have to drive my vento in 2nd or 3rd gear.
I've not traveled on that stretch for years. I was referring to ranjitp1's post of May that says it should take around 6 hours to reach Solapur from Hyderabad.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote