Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th December 2015, 07:45   #316

Default Mumbai - Hyderabad - Mumbai

Friends on my final stretch here, reached Pune yesterday night, a total of 1,700 kms. Left Mumbai on Friday morning at 7AM was in Hyd home at 9:30PM. A door to door 14.5 hrs drive. Mumbai - Pune - Sholapur stretch was a breeze, with usual Pune traffic as you have to cut across the city. One major input is to keep to your left when you see trucks on the Sholapur by-pass. They line up all the way from the end of By-pass to get into APMC market or take Bijapur highway. You would need to take left turn for Hyd so keep to left when you see trucks lined up. Khan Chacha, the one on the highway is original one, was closed, it remains closed till 2PM on Friday, so went a little ahead and stopped at a veg place as part of a gas station. It's about 5 kms from Khan Chahca, forgot the name but food was very good and fresh. Sholapur to Hyderabad is quite challenging road with two way traffic, meandering through most of the towns, lots of trucks and two wheelers and neglected road. This stretch of 300kms takes most of your journey time. I didn't try other (Karlburgi one) as I read that was worst. I was in a SUV (Pajero Sports) so felt little lesser impact of the damaged road but still with constant gear change and overtaking it was tiring stretch. I guess we shall have to wait till they finally complete the two - lane work that is still underway.

Return was yesterday, made mistake of going to Khan Chacha, the one inside the city, first it took one extra hour while navigating city traffic and second food
was not good. Came to know from the guy managing the counter that the one on the highway, just before Sholapur on Hyd-Sholapur section is the original one. City branch was opened recently. Started from Hyd 8:40am, reached home in Pune at 8:30PM, door to door.
anilmodi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2016, 14:54   #317

Default Re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

I am planning to do HYD - MUM on this coming weekend with my parents on board. I will be starting in Hyd at 0500 and plan to reach Mum by 1900 hrs with a scheduled stop at Tuljapur (request from parents). Any updates on road condition will be welcome, should I take NH9 or Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Islampur-NH4
I will share details post the journey.
Pacific is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 00:41   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacific View Post
I am planning to do HYD - MUM on this coming weekend with my parents on board. I will be starting in Hyd at 0500 and plan to reach Mum by 1900 hrs with a scheduled stop at Tuljapur (request from parents). Any updates on road condition will be welcome, should I take NH9 or Hyd-Gulbarga-Bijapur-Islampur-NH4
I will share details post the journey.
Stick to NH9. Hyderabad to Solapur is average , patchy in some parts and has the ability to slow you down. Solapur-Pune-Mumbai is in good condition.

Tuljapur is slight detour from NH9 before solapur. It has to be a very quick stopover in Tuljapur if you have to make it to bombay in 14 hours (5 am - 7 pm).

Hyd-Gulbarga-Islampur-NH4 route never tried and I may not. I got used to the bad stretch of solapur - hyderabad. Crossing Pune city takes time so be prepared for 30-40 minutes of extra time if you come across city traffic.

If you take the Hyd-Gulbarga-Islampur-NH4 route how do you plan to go to Tuljapur!!
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2016, 14:41   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Stick to NH9. Hyderabad to Solapur is average , patchy in some parts and has the ability to slow you down. Solapur-Pune-Mumbai is in good condition.

Tuljapur is slight detour from NH9 before solapur. It has to be a very quick stopover in Tuljapur if you have to make it to bombay in 14 hours (5 am - 7 pm).

Hyd-Gulbarga-Islampur-NH4 route never tried and I may not. I got used to the bad stretch of solapur - hyderabad. Crossing Pune city takes time so be prepared for 30-40 minutes of extra time if you come across city traffic.

If you take the Hyd-Gulbarga-Islampur-NH4 route how do you plan to go to Tuljapur!!
Thank you Drivethru for the note. Yes, I agree that Hyd-Gulbarga-Islampur-NH4 would have been a longer detour to reach Tuljapur (via Solapur) - an extra 80 odd kms. I was prepared to do that given my parents would be travelling with me. But your comments have provided me some amount of clarity. I am hoping Tuljapur doesn't see much crowds on a Sunday morning.
Old 20th March 2016, 09:07   #320
BANNED

Hyd pune mumbai done in 13 hours with periodic food breaks. Hyderabad Pune is about 5.30 hours. Lost 1 hour in Pune traffic. The car was a Storme
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 17:23   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Hyd pune mumbai done in 13 hours with periodic food breaks. Hyderabad Pune is about 5.30 hours. Lost 1 hour in Pune traffic. The car was a Storme
5.30 hours between Hyderabad and Pune.
1.00 hour in Pune.
That means 6.30 hours between Pune and Mumbai. Was MPEW clogged and jammed?
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 17:29   #322
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1.00 hour in Pune.
1.30 hours almost crossing Pune. Then almost 1 hour halt on expressway for dinner. Reached Mulund after a 40 mins clogged Airoli, Thurbe sector.
Old 20th March 2016, 18:02   #323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
5.30 hours between Hyderabad and Pune would make even Schumacher green with envy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1.00 hour in Pune.
Quote:
1.30 hours almost crossing Pune. Then almost 1 hour halt on expressway for dinner. Reached Mulund after a 40 mins clogged Airoli, Thurbe sector.
Even an autorickshaw can cover Pune to Mumbai in less time. Something is clearly wrong with your post.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 18:11   #324
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
5.30 hours between Hyderabad and Pune would make even Schumacher green with envy.

Even an autorickshaw can cover Pune to Mumbai in less time. Something is clearly wrong with your post.

300 kms in 5.30 hours. Average speed below 60kmph. Too fast for Schumacher too?

420 kms from Pune till door step. total time 7.30 hours. Discount 1 hour lunch. About 6.30 hours. 1/1.30 hours of traffic everywhere... average speeds >75 kmph. Can an auto even hit 75kmph? Basic maths anyone???
Old 20th March 2016, 19:12   #325
BHPian

Hi
Drove from mumbai to hyderabad yesterday. Some stretches of the newly laid road in the solapur hyderabad section are open to traffic now. Mainly after umerga the new road is a relief. Solapur umerga stretch is still pretty average. Took 13 hours in my i10 from mumbai to gachibowli.

Last edited by Drivethru : 20th March 2016 at 19:14. Reason: spelling errors
Drivethru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2016, 20:06   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
300 kms in 5.30 hours. Average speed below 60kmph. Too fast for Schumacher too?

420 kms from Pune till door step. total time 7.30 hours. Discount 1 hour lunch. About 6.30 hours. 1/1.30 hours of traffic everywhere... average speeds >75 kmph. Can an auto even hit 75kmph? Basic maths anyone???
Pune to Hyderabad is 550 kms, not 300. It is Solapur that is 300 kms from Hydebarad.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2016, 09:48   #327

Yesterday I did Hyderabad to Mumbai via Tuljapur. Started in Habsiguda (HYD) at 5:15 and reached Tuljapur at 10:30. The highway is under construction once one exits Hyd. One has to exercise caution while trying to overtake a container truck or any other long vehicle. I think it should be ready in good 2 years time. There are too many diversions between the highway and service roads; I suggest avoiding this road for night time driving.
Started at Tuljapur at 12:00 hrs and stopped for lunch after crossing Solapur. I reached Pune by 17:15 but took a good 1 hour to cross the city and finally managed to reach Mumbai (Vikhroli) by 20:15 hrs. As suggested by other fellow travellers, the stretch between Solapur and Mumbai is a pleasure to drive; I am hoping this pleasure extends till Hyderabad
Pacific is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2016, 17:46   #328
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Planning a Mum - Hyd drive in April.
Should I stick to the Mum - Solapur - Hyd route, or are there any alternatives with better road conditions?

Plan to leave Mum at around 5:00am.
lamborghini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 14:05   #329
BHPian

Guys- Need some help

I will be driving down to Hyderabad from Mumbai on April 14.
My wife, mom, dad & aunt will be travelling along with me
Can you give inputs where I can find clean toilets especially for the ladies along the way (post Pune is required- upto pune no problem)

Overview of the plan
Leave Mumbai around 0530
Bio cum Fuel cum Bfast Break at Eway second toll
Cross Pune by 0900-0930
Reach solapur by 1400 with a lunch break-Need input for good food place + Toilet
Stay overnite abt 20 kms from solapur with family friend (off the highway)
Start next day around 0530
Need input for good food place + Toilet + Fuel

Reach Hyderabad

Vehicle is a GT TSI running full load... pointers away from bad roads will be appreciated

Last edited by 1.2TSI7DSG : 28th March 2016 at 14:16.
1.2TSI7DSG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2016, 14:27   #330

@ lamboghini - I did Hyderabad - Mumbai last weekend via Solapur and the roads seem to be bearable. May be others can comment on the alternative route.

@ 1.2TSI7DSG - I was also travelling with my parents from Hyderabad to Mumbai. I think the saviour was a Coleman Beverage Cooler we were carrying with us. We packed it with some tetra pack of juices and oranges and surely it helped to sustain the heat and monotony.
There are host of good places for lunch before one enters Solapur.
AFAIK, After Solapur and towards Hyderabad there are not so many good places for Bio Break and Restaurants. Please be careful as one enters KA and then TS as the roads are not that great and most of the speed breakers are too high.