Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th May 2016, 18:02   #331
BHPian

Default Re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Latest update on Route - May 2016

Hyderabad - Mumbai - Onward journey:

Vehicle : TUV300

Total Drive time : 14 hours with Food/Biobreaks in Solapur and Mumbai Expressway.

Start Time: 0500 hrs from Miyapur,Hyderabad ;
End Time: 1900 hrs,New Panvel,Mumbai.

Hyderabad - Solapur : 4 lane work under progress with a lot of diversions after Sangareddy.Heavy truck traffic and big speed breakers through villages.Bad road quality with deep troughs on the road.
No decent places for Food/Bio breaks.Congestion while passing through towns enroute.

Solapur-Pune : Excellent 4 lane Solapur Bypass highway. Preferred place for Food/Biobreaks is Vithal Kamat with clear signboards on both ways.One restuarant on each side both from Solapur and from Pune side is a plus.

Pune - Mumbai : Tiresome navigation through Pune city with added city traffic.After Pune city,excellent Mumbai-Pune Expressway with slow traffic in the ghat section.

Mumbai - Hyderabad Return Journey:

Vehicle : TUV300
Start Time: 0700 hrs, New Panvel Mumbai
End Time: 2130 hrs,Miyapur Hyderabad
Total Drive Time: 14.5 hrs.

Mumbai - Pune : Excellent Drive with slow traffic on the ghat section due to heavy truck trailers.

Pune - Solapur: Easy exit and good bypass through NH4 and Zoo park road - Pune Satara road and Shankar seth road till connecting to NH9 to Hyderabad.Excellent road till Solapur.

Solapur - Hyderabad: Heavy Truck traffic,poor roads with potholes on sharp turns.Lot of diversions due to 4 laning.No decent Food/Biobreak places. Hotel Gujarat after Omerga is OK on Food but very bad on Wash room maintenance.Very Heavy truck traffic after Humnabad to BHEL Hyderabad.
Alton is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2016, 18:12   #332

Would you guys strongly recommend not driving at night from Hyd to Mum? Or is it doable with cautious driving? Planning to leave Ghatkesar at around 6:30 PM(right after Friday work) and hoping to reach Mumbai by around 10 AM in the morning assuming a very slow drive in the night(especially the Hyd-Solapur stretch). Last time i drove this stretch was 1.5 years back but not in the night. So those who have done this stretch, especially at night, is it a very risky drive or manageable?(driving an Alto).
whoztheman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2016, 21:56   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoztheman83 View Post
Would you guys strongly recommend not driving at night from Hyd to Mum? Or is it doable with cautious driving? Planning to leave Ghatkesar at around 6:30 PM(right after Friday work) and hoping to reach Mumbai by around 10 AM in the morning assuming a very slow drive in the night(especially the Hyd-Solapur stretch). Last time i drove this stretch was 1.5 years back but not in the night. So those who have done this stretch, especially at night, is it a very risky drive or manageable?(driving an Alto).
Please drop the plan. Many stretches of road are under construction in the hyd-solapur section. If you have to leave at that time take a bus as a 630 pm from hyderabad outskirts will take you to bombay by 8 am unless there are some delays.

Incase you have to do this drive start at 4 am in hyd. Post solapur till bombay roads are good. If you still want to try this start at 630 pm please do it with a co driver and if required stopover in solapur in the night.

Last edited by Drivethru : 2nd September 2016 at 21:59. Reason: correction of typo error
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2016, 14:54   #334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drivethru View Post
Please drop the plan. Many stretches of road are under construction in the hyd-solapur section. If you have to leave at that time take a bus as a 630 pm from hyderabad outskirts will take you to bombay by 8 am unless there are some delays.

Incase you have to do this drive start at 4 am in hyd. Post solapur till bombay roads are good. If you still want to try this start at 630 pm please do it with a co driver and if required stopover in solapur in the night.
Thanks for the reply, i didn't go with the plan anyway :-) I left Ghatkesar at 5 in the morning and by the time i started on the bad stretch of roads after ORR, daylight had just begin to break. So it was perfect time to start although consumed two cans of red bull through out the day to keep me awake :-) Bad time to reach Panvel(around 6 30 PM) because of Metro work, rains, Ganpati preparations & bad roads in Mumbai.

In hindsight, you are absolutely correct, the roads outside Hyd city are terrible to drive on in the night. Even as dawn was breaking, the high beam from oncoming trucks and narrow roads made the ride extremely risky. Would avoid no matter what.
whoztheman83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 01:10   #335
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravveendrra View Post
I have done both up and down on the Karad - Islampur - Sangli - Miraj - Athani - Bijapur - Jevargi - Gulbarga - Sedam - Kodangal - Pargi - Chevella - Hyd route in the past few weeks as well as the Pune - Hadapsar - Solapur - Humnabad - Bidar - Zaheerabad - Hyd route last week.

I would definitely recommend the Bijapur - Gulbarga route. It is longer but the time taken is the same. NH9 is frustrating to say the least.

Cheers,
Nothing has changed since my post 2 years ago. If anything, NH9 between Hyd - Solapur is worse now. My time using the route I mentioned above when I drove in Jan and March was 11hrs from including b'fast, lunch and 3 tea breaks.

The writing is on the wall. If someone still wants to take the NH9, it is their choice.

Cheers,
Ravveendrra is offline   Reply With Quote