Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 22nd May 2010, 21:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Folks planning a drive to solapur tomorrow , any pointers on the current road condition . is it single lane or divided carriage way like hyd-b'lore . This will be my 4th attempt on highways .

Plan is to leave hyd after 12pm post lunch and reach solapur before 6-7 pm.
its 4 laned until sangareddy.After that it is two laned.Patancheru toll gate to Solapur can be covered easily in 4.5hours,280kms.

Please carry original documents as chances are high that you would be stopped by solapur's rogue cops.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 15:41   #107
BHPian

Completed my maiden highway run in an undivided carriageway to solapur & return .
Left home at 1.30pm reached patancheru at 3pm ,from patancheru to solapur took 5 1/2hrs .on return left solapur at 12.30pm reached home at 6pm
Till Sangareddy is fine with divided section from there till Zaheerabad Checkpost ,it was unnerving to overtake with zillions of share auto's,Tata Magic's & Car carriers. From Zaheerabad the traffic was less and with wider roads overtaking was easy till Maharastra Checkpost,from there till solapur the roads were narrow and patchy except at few stretches.

Overall good experience . Thxs avi for taking my call late at night.
rm_arjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 16:30   #108
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm_arjuna View Post
Completed my maiden highway run in an undivided carriageway to solapur & return .
Left home at 1.30pm reached patancheru at 3pm ,from patancheru to solapur took 5 1/2hrs .on return left solapur at 12.30pm reached home at 6pm
Till Sangareddy is fine with divided section from there till Zaheerabad Checkpost ,it was unnerving to overtake with zillions of share auto's,Tata Magic's & Car carriers. From Zaheerabad the traffic was less and with wider roads overtaking was easy till Maharastra Checkpost,from there till solapur the roads were narrow and patchy except at few stretches.

Overall good experience . Thxs avi for taking my call late at night.
Arjuna, great to see you complete your maiden highway run without dividers as you proudly put it

Its best to do this with an early morning start. My best time was 4.10 hours from my home in Himayathnagar to Solapur Bypass ( 5:30AM start and was crossing the bypass at 9:40AM)

How was the road condition? I dont think it may have changed too much during summers but, expect this road to wither during monsoons.

I am glad to be of help dude. So did you stay in Surya International?
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2010, 21:23   #109
BHPian

Default Hyderabad to Lonavala

Hi All!

I am planning for a trip from Hyd to Lonavala from 21st to 24th Aug. Any update on road condition in this sector.

Many thanks

Sailor
Sailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2010, 11:13   #110
Senior - BHPian

HYD-Sadashivpet: 4laned:Roads excellent.

Sadashivpet-Solapur: 2 laned.Ok to good,with rough stretches at Homnabad.

Solapur-Indapur:Heavy truck traffic,your speed averages will drop drastically.

Indapur-Loni:4 laning in progress and the makeshift roads are not in great shape.You will make slow progress.

Loni-Pune:Pune traffic begins,4laned approx 40kms before Pune.

Going through Pune will take close to 90minutes at peak hour traffic.Solapur NH9 to Expressway entry will take you around 90mins.

MPEW is excellent as always.Make sure you tell the toll guy at the entry that your exit is at Lonavla else you would be charged for the entire Pune-BOM stretch!

Please remember to carry original documents,chances are that you would be stopped at Solapur by the traffic police.

For more updates refer this thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...solapur-3.html (Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur)
Old 17th August 2010, 12:18   #111
BHPian

For crossing Pune follow this thread updated by MX6 .http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...solapur-3.html (Update on NH9 between Pune and Solapur)
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 17:15   #112
BHPian

Many thanks @Ranjitp1: I am also one of those who got inspired by @GTO's preworshipped thread and gave in to a Oct 2007 Civic. Look forward to post my ownership experience and post this trip's photologue.
Do you think Civic with a load of 2 adults + 2 kids + some luggage able to pass the test of this road without thudding?
@gajadonga: Many thanks!
Old 21st August 2010, 11:16   #113
Senior - BHPian

We do this route regularly on my M800(2adults+1 infant)!!So with a Civic it should be a breeze for you.In fact I am doing this route from Hyd to Bom on Thu(26th),the secret to a fast drive is to depart any place by 3am.Let me know in case you have any more queries.
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:21   #114
BHPian

Thanks @Ranjitp1.

Well 3 AM is a bit too early with two kids, especially inadequate rest rooms on the way. We made this mistake of leaving Gachibowli at 08:00. First the railway underpass close to BHEL was blocked that took away 30 mins, then we turned around and came to the railway crossing and that too was closed another 20 mins. Finally road ahead of ICRISAT had huge traffic jam and that took almost 45 mins to clear...
So finally we left Hyd around 10:30... after that the roads are pretty much as mentioned above by you. Reached Solapur around 16:00. I got lots of traffic (am sure due timing) before Solapur, however despite bad roads after Solapur we did not encounter much traffic and reached Pune in about 5 hours.

Now we start back from Pune day after early morning. I wish our early morning was 03:00 , however I would be pretty happy if we can leave at 06:00

Thanks a lot for your tips. Have a great trip to Mumbai
Old 23rd August 2010, 09:00   #115
Senior - BHPian

Yes Patancheru to Pune(Hadapsar)usually takes around 10hours,howmuch ever you one tries to beat that timing,it just does not happen as the entire stretch has never been fully laid.There is always a bad patch somewhere.

Yes 8am is indeed too late,if not 3,5am should be the ideal time to get out of any city in India today.If you leave Pune by 6am,you should be able to reach Patancheru by 3pm.Have a safe drive back.
Old 26th August 2010, 17:23   #116
BHPian

Default Pune to Hyderabad

It's not so easy to wake up kids early morning especially when they have had a gala time playing till 02:00 the previous night. So despite the firm warning from Avi (my elder son) to wake him and Anu (my friends daughter) up at 06:00 for them to say goodbye, I took the risk of ignoring the warning and tucked Avi (my elder son : 8 yrs) and Ansh (my younger son: 3 yrs) in a blanked on the back seat and started from Pune at 07:00.

Morning sky was slightly cloudy, and mariner in me could classify them as cirrus clouds (waspy feather like). I was enjoying the glorious morning and Dil Chahta hai songs made the mood even better... Kaise hai ye rut kee jisme
Roads were fairly good for next 50 - 60 kms and I could easily rev upto 120 KMPH for long stretches...
Old 27th August 2010, 15:42   #117
Senior - BHPian

Did Hyd-Bom yday.Simply put NH9 is in tatters.Night driving is a strict NO between Hyd & Pune.

HYD-Sangareddy decent road,the toll 4laned has also developed water-logging spots and potholes.Poor quality of work.

Sangareddy-Solapur:Rough tarmac at many places.

Solapur-Indapur:Excellent condition.

Indapur-Yavat:The road is in tatters,I was hunting for the road here.Absolutely no road shoulder and saw plenty of trucks and mini buses lying overturned trying to give way to oncoming traffic.

Yavat-Hadapsar: 4lane till Loni,toll road.Condition is good.

Hadapsar-Dehu Road-MPEW-Panvel:Excellent as usual.Did not take the Saswad road route as indicated at Hadapsar for Mumbai traffic,instead came via Swargate-Katraj-MP Bypass.This route is definitely better than the Saswad road route to Katraj.

Panvel to Borivli:Traffic as usual and to make matters worse,the never-ending flyover work on the Western Expressway adds to the mess.From time immemorial work on the WE seems to be happening,I am waiting for the day when I can see the road free from works,probably next generation would be lucky to see that.

Sainikpuri to Borivli: 744Kms
Drive Time:Approx 15hrs
My recco drive this stretch between Hyd & Solapur/S'pur & Pune,only if you must.Else wait till 4 laning is complete(Pune-S'pur) and the road is redone between Hyd & Solapur.

The trip log is attached herewith:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attach...bom_260810.xls
Old 27th August 2010, 21:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Did Hyd-Bom yday.Simply put NH9 is in tatters.Night driving is a strict NO between Hyd & Pune.
[/url]
Thanks for the update, sounds very scary! Instead of becoming better, looks like it is turning to be worse. I suppose this is going to be a 4-laner all the way from Solapur - are the bypasses also under construction? This must have been your longest Bombay drive. Any problem with the Solapur cops this time?

No widening work between Solapur and Indapur?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 12:48   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I suppose this is going to be a 4-laner all the way from Solapur - are the bypasses also under construction?
Yes thats what the case looks to be.4 lane all the way from Pune to Solapur.But I dont see that happening for the next 2 years or so,Maytas seems to be doing a fast job as I saw certain stretches already with the 1st coat of tar,but no signs of any bypass constructions yet,not sure if they are going to be doing elevated sections over the small towns as there are plenty of small towns on this stretch.

With this the NH9 is well and truely in tatters right from Vijayawada to Pune.VJA-HYD is also undergoing 4 laning and that road is also bad.It takes 6 hours to cover that stretch of 250kms.

Quote:
This must have been your longest Bombay drive. Any problem with the Solapur cops this time?
Well and truely,this is the longest and the worst,this was a back breaking drive.

Quote:
No widening work between Solapur and Indapur?
No activity has begun between Solapur & Indapur except for land being acquired and mud being flattened out at some distance out of Solapur.
Old 28th August 2010, 15:57   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Yes thats what the case looks to be.4 lane all the way from Pune to Solapur.no signs of any bypass constructions yet,not sure if they are going to be doing elevated sections over the small towns as there are plenty of small towns on this stretch.

The 4 laning is between pune to indapur ujani bridge only and not solapur.

Only indapur will have byepass but it will take more time.
Bhigwan may have elevated road.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote