Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th August 2010, 12:03   #121
Senior - BHPian

Ashish,time to explore a new route from Pune till Indapur till this 4 laning mess is complete.Any inputs? since Baramati route is also bad I guess?Is it as bad as Pune to Indapur?I am thinking what route to take to go back(considering that I drive a very very big car!!!!hehe)
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 12:10   #122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
time to explore a new route from Pune till Indapur till this 4 laning mess is complete.Any inputs?
you can consider baramati route.

mumbai-pune-shindewadi tunnel-nh4-kapurhole-left turn-good 2 lane road-ketkawale-saswad-right turn-patchy road 18 km-jejuri-left turn-good road 50 km-baramati-mixed road 50 km-indapur.

on this section, though road may be as bad as nh9 but very less traffic comared to solapur road and entering in pune city is avoided.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 30th August 2010 at 12:11.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 12:34   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
you can consider baramati route.

mumbai-pune-shindewadi tunnel-nh4-kapurhole-left turn-good 2 lane road-ketkawale-saswad-right turn-patchy road 18 km-jejuri-left turn-good road 50 km-baramati-mixed road 50 km-indapur.

on this section, though road may be as bad as nh9 but very less traffic comared to solapur road and entering in pune city is avoided.
Ranjit, one more advantage of this route is that you can have darshan of Lord Balaji at Uttara Tirupati which is at Narayanpur after turning off NH4 at Kapurhole on the road to Saswad.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2010, 13:06   #124
Senior - BHPian

Thanx Ashish,I think we will drive back via Baramati,definitely would be less traffic.

Thanx HVK,we did that a couple of months back when we drove to Mumbai via Baramati.there are quite a few temples on this route:

Venky's Hatcheries Lord Balaji @ Narayanpur,Saswad Ganpati(I think),Morgaon Ganpati,Jejuri Khandoba,Datta Mandir at Kapurhole.

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 30th August 2010 at 13:08.
Old 7th March 2011, 14:55   #125

Default re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hi everyone,

I'm travelling from Mumbai to Hyderabad ( Banjara Hills ) tomorrow morning at 5 a.m.

Even though I have read the thread, I was wondering if there are any updates to the bad road stretches.

Since I have never travelled this route before I am not familiar with any of the landmarks or small towns mentioned above.

I was wondering if any of you guys who have frequently travelled on this stetch can give me simple point to point directions.

I will be travelling with my family in a Skoda Superb.
A.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2011, 17:03   #126
Senior - BHPian

Try and leave Mumbai by 3-330am.This would help you get out of Pune before the traffic begins inside Pune.

Mumbai 5am would mean you would reach Pune by 8am.

You should be on NH9 at Hadapsar by 9-930am

From thereon it would take you a good 11-12 hours to reach Hyd.

The simplest route is from the Pune EW,keep on the bypass road till Katraj.At Katraj,take a left and go towards Swargate.At Swargate bus stand,take a right and you are now on NH9.Keep going straight,take all the flyover,you would cross AFMC on your right,Hadapsar and you are now out of Pune.

From Hadapsar to Solapur would take you around 6hours thanks to all the road widenings and bad road conditions and diversions plus sugarcane traffic.

As you reach Solapur,there are quite a many good dhabas,Aviraj on to your right is a good one.Hadapsar to Solapur is exactly 250kms.

From Solapur,the roads are bad till Umerga.Once out of Umerga,the roads improve drastically.Solapur to Patancheru(hyd outskirts)would take you 5hours(300kms).

No good eateries enroute,so carry food and water with you.

Once you reach the Miyapur cross roads,take a right.This is the Gachibowli-Miyapur Road.Drive on the road till you reach Kondapur Signal.At the signal take a left and you would cross Hitech City and from thereon its Jubilee Hills/Banjara Hills/

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 7th March 2011 at 17:09.
Old 7th March 2011, 19:13   #127

Thanks a ton, Ranjit.

I guess this simplifies the route for me.

There were too many route options on this thread as well as the thread on Pune - Hyd.

Didn't want to get stuck along the way.

16 hours is a long trip and now I'm getting second thoughts. I expected it to be around 9 - 10 hours for the 700 odd kms.

Got your pm. Thanks for the number.
Old 8th March 2011, 11:40   #128
Senior - BHPian

In 10 hours you would be lucky to reach Solapur!
Old 9th March 2011, 11:33   #129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K. View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm travelling from Mumbai to Hyderabad ( Banjara Hills ) tomorrow morning at 5 a.m.
Did you do the drive?How were the road conditions?
Old 24th March 2011, 23:15   #130

Smile re: Mumbai - Hyderabad : Route Queries

Hi Ranjit,

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier.

You were so on the dot. Its a terrible drive which I would recommend only to people I really despise.

Mumbai - Pune was a breeze. I covered the distance in 2 hours. I stay in downtown Mumbai and I reached Koregaon Park in that time. It's nearly 170 kms.

Its all downhill from hereon. Pune to Solapur has lane widening going on and its a constant race to overtake the heavy vehicle traffic on this route.
I was accelerating and breaking non stop here. Took a toll on my F.E.

Stopped at B.K. Garden, which is just before you hit Solapur, at around 3 p.m.
Nice restaurant and highly recommended on this stretch. It does not get any better than this.

We took an hour's break here for lunch and took off at around 4 p.m.
There's no point in looking for any rest stops beyond Solapur.

Reached Hyderabad at 11 p.m.

Total trip - 716 kms.
Total time - 17 hours.
Driving time - 14 hours.

The only plus I take from this trip is that I have a renewed respect for my car.
Its a new Skoda Superb 1.8 TSI - DSG.

I had only done city runs in the past 1 year that I've had it. The farthest I had driven was Pune.

Man, this car is a Highway Cruiser. I drove for hours and hours non-stop and never felt a tinge of discomfort. The driving position is fantastic and the lumbar
support is just perfect.

There is power at the tap of the throttle, immense torque. Overtaking is a breeze.

Beautiful Car.

Next time I'm taking a flight.
Old 28th September 2011, 23:28   #131
BHPian

I will be driving from Pune to Hyderabad on 2nd October. How is the road condition between Pune and Solapur now. Is the road widening still going on or has this completed ? Or I should consider going via Narayanpur - Baramati - indapur route for this section of the road ? I will be leaving early morning (around 6 AM). Please suggest the best possible route.
mittal_v2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2011, 23:49   #132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mittal_v2002 View Post
I will be driving from Pune to Hyderabad on 2nd October. How is the road condition between Pune and Solapur now. Is the road widening still going on or has this completed ? Or I should consider going via Narayanpur - Baramati - indapur route for this section of the road ? I will be leaving early morning (around 6 AM). Please suggest the best possible route.
Road widening would easily take another year or more to be completed.Take the baramati route for peace of mind.6am start should see you touching hyderabad outskirts by 6-7pm
Old 28th September 2011, 23:57   #133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K. View Post
Next time I'm taking a flight.
And miss the experience of another highway ride in your Skoda Superb that you can share with us on TeamBHP? BTW, what was your FE through the aggressive driving around trucks?

I have an Esteem Di 2004 and highway driving on 2nd and 3rd gear for overtaking does make that needle in the fuel gauge drop a lot quicker (quarter tank is empty after driving through the under-construction area of NH7 near Kamareddy while keeping up with an old Qualis and a Skoda that were maneuvering around the trucks with relative ease). Perhaps I need to finally get some auxiliary lights to make night driving possible so I don't have to rush to put the two-way roads behind me during day light hours.

I do have to admit that the flights are beginning to seem cheaper with the toll gates, rising fuel prices, and the visit to the service station for a quick inspection before starting on the journey. Add aggressive driving and you're looking at quite an expense for road travel.
k_nitin_r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:19   #134
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Mumbai

hi bhpians,

Planning a road trip at the end of this month from hyd to mumbai. Would appreciate some updates on road conditions and drive times, also the best possible route.

THanks.
unoczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th December 2011, 22:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar
hi bhpians,

Planning a road trip at the end of this month from hyd to mumbai. Would appreciate some updates on road conditions and drive times, also the best possible route.

THanks.
Budget for a 16hr drive.hyd solapur would take you 5hrs.solapur pune is another 5 to 6hrs.negotiating pune to expressway will take you an hour or 90mins.Dehu road to panvel is 2hours.from thereon depends on where you would want to go.I do sainikpuri to borivli regularly and panvel to borivli takes approx 3 to 4hours between 6pm and 9pm.

Roads are bad between solapur and pune as widening is in progress.If its a daytime drive you could opt fr indapur baramati jejuri saswad narayanpur kapurhole nh4 katraj pune mumbai bypass dehu road.it saves you the trouble of driving through the mess at hadapsar and also avoids the worst sections of the widening.absolutely no options for eating on the entire route.some small restaurants amd dhabas at solapur nothing worth mentioning though.all the coco pumps accept card.