Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2014, 15:18   #631
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 933
Thanked: 715 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I did notice a couple of boards while coming down. I travelled this Thursday/Friday. Not sure if they would restrict again. Restriction only may be for that journey, worst case may ask you to wait. I heard that there were a few bike accidents off late, which prompted them to put in min travel time to reduce speed.
Actually, I liked their idea to put minimum travel time restrictions. Though the minutes mentioned is subjective/debatable, but as an idea it is good.

However, when i traveled last in November'2013 there were umpteen boards which clearly mentioning the the travel time restrictions every couple of kms. This time it was missing a lot. May be i could have missed to notice one board, but certainly its not cautioning the drivers to drive slow to meet the time limit.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 17:04   #632
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,220
Thanked: 4,862 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Nothing new to talk about roads, as they are in same conditions as earlier.
One thing i noticed is that the multple boards which display minimum travel time (40 minutes) from Tirumala to Tirupati is missing while climbing down. I guess the restriction is removed, but not sure. I am not aware whether minimum travel time (28 mts) restriction for climbing up is still enforce because we walked up the stairs from Alipiri to Tirumala this time.

-Ravi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl View Post
I did notice a couple of boards while coming down. I travelled this Thursday/Friday. Not sure if they would restrict again. Restriction only may be for that journey, worst case may ask you to wait. I heard that there were a few bike accidents off late, which prompted them to put in min travel time to reduce speed.
The restrictions are there, but a fine will be levied if we reach early. I had driven shotgun once and covered the distance well within the minimum time.

As soon as the toll receipt was scanned on the top checkpost, the screen displayed a red message saying we reached early. There is a fine that will be levied if anyone reaches early. Since the system was still being tested, they did not fine me for reaching early. Was amazed by the way they have put up such systems and the amount of IT infra used in their entire organisation.

The last time I went, we were stuck behind a bus for a long time and that too in the narrow and curvy stretch. Hence, reached around the limit time itself. This time the messaged popped up in blue. IIRC the journey time was around 42mins.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 18:57   #633
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 122
Thanked: 53 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
One thing i noticed is that the multple boards which display minimum travel time (40 minutes) from Tirumala to Tirupati is missing while climbing down. I guess the restriction is removed, but not sure. I am not aware whether minimum travel time (28 mts) restriction for climbing up is still enforce because we walked up the stairs from Alipiri to Tirumala this time.

-Ravi
The time limits of 28 min for TPT - TML and 40 min for TML - TPT are still applicable. The first instance will result in a warning or fine depending on the difference in time. From the second instance the vehicle will not be allowed to proceed to TML for a week I think. I am not completely sure about the time you are not allowed
srimath is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2014, 22:35   #634
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 512
Thanked: 306 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

^^
Thanks Sri. My plan was to do a quick day trip to Tirupati this month/early next month and am wondring if i can take my T-Saf there or my Brio. I think i am now braving myself to take my Safari. Let me see how it goes and then, update this thread.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2014, 13:18   #635
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 959
Thanked: 432 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
^^
Thanks Sri. My plan was to do a quick day trip to Tirupati this month/early next month and am wondring if i can take my T-Saf there or my Brio. I think i am now braving myself to take my Safari. Let me see how it goes and then, update this thread.
jkrishnakj, now that you have planned to visit Tirupati, suggest you also to keep yourself updated regarding the political turmoil in A.P. There might be road blockades and agitations across A.P barring the Telangana region. Keep watching out for the latest developments. Hope you will have a successful darshan.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 13:29   #636
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 301
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Friends,

I will be driving to Tirumala tonight (planning to do Seeghradarshan) and will be back to Bangalore by tomorrow evening.

Not sure about protests or agitations in that area but still decided to proceed.

Will update the thread about the experience once I'm back.
nfsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2014, 13:56   #637
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,927
Thanked: 1,152 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Actually, I liked their idea to put minimum travel time restrictions. Though the minutes mentioned is subjective/debatable, but as an idea it is good.

However, when i traveled last in November'2013 there were umpteen boards which clearly mentioning the the travel time restrictions every couple of kms. This time it was missing a lot. May be i could have missed to notice one board, but certainly its not cautioning the drivers to drive slow to meet the time limit.

-Ravi
Not sure if this is true. I believe the time restrictions (28 min while driving up and 40 min while driving down) has been enforced to avoid stones falling off the hills due to noise.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2014, 19:28   #638
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 7 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Unfinished ? I thought it was complete (Bangalore-Kolar-Mulbagal). I traveled last year It was a full 4-lane end to end. What am I missing here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Its complete E2E 4L till Mulbagal ampere. You didn't miss anything

I think he meant Mulbagal till KA/AP border where 4L widening work is going on.

-Ravi

That's right, its the stretch from Mulbagal till AP border that's still work in progress. Sorry for the confusion.
basoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2014, 21:52   #639
BHPian
 
IndianNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 150
Thanked: 34 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Drove from Bangalore to Tirumala last week. Over all road condition was good. Took 6hrs to reach tirumala, which includes 4 breaks totalling to over 1hr and 15-20 mins spent at Alipiri gate to get through security check.

At Alipiri gate we have to get down from the vehicle along with all luggage and passengers to get the luggage scanned and security check for people, later the vehicle is thoroughly checked by the security personnel.

Paid 2 tolls in Karnataka and 1 in AP at Alipiri.

At Alipiri they will issue 2 receipts for toll paid. Once we reach tirumala your toll receipt is scanned. Again on return from tirumala we have to produce the toll receipt before descending the hills and at the end near alipiri it is scanned(don't remember is they take the receipt here).
IndianNomad is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 16:59   #640
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Hi All,

I would be driving down to Kalahasthi from Bangalore tomorrow and returning back on Saturday.

Request to update on the road conditions and the total travel time to reach. Also is there anything which I need to take care of on this journey.

Thanks in advance.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 17:06   #641
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,927
Thanked: 1,152 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi All,

I would be driving down to Kalahasthi from Bangalore tomorrow and returning back on Saturday.

Request to update on the road conditions and the total travel time to reach. Also is there anything which I need to take care of on this journey.

Thanks in advance.
It is NH4 all the way till you reach tirupati by pass. You have to pay toll at Hoskote and Mulbagal. Post KA border, road widening is going on. Take care. Plan to leave Bangalore in the morning preferably.
likewise do the same for the return trip. Night driving to be avoided as far as possible
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 17:12   #642
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
It is NH4 all the way till you reach tirupati by pass. You have to pay toll at Hoskote and Mulbagal. Post KA border, road widening is going on. Take care. Plan to leave Bangalore in the morning preferably.
likewise do the same for the return trip. Night driving to be avoided as far as possible
Thanks Suresh, Actually I was planning to leave by 12 and try to reach by 5 or 6. Thanks for the update so that I can plan to leave little early.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 17:18   #643
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 301
Thanked: 98 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Hi All,

I would be driving down to Kalahasthi from Bangalore tomorrow and returning back on Saturday.

Request to update on the road conditions and the total travel time to reach. Also is there anything which I need to take care of on this journey.
Recently did Bangalore-Tirupathi trip...

Till mulbagal (around 90Kms from Bangalore) you get 4L highways and beyond that its 2L all the way.
The roads are in good condition till Tirupati (not sure about Tirupati-Kalahasti stretch) but maintain only decent speeds and drive very carefully.

The buses & lorries in this stretch (in 2L) seem to drive very rash with their sudden overtaking, close cuts and all sorts of nonsense.

To reach tirupati from Bangalore (K R Puram), I took around 4 hours with sedate driving (80-100 kmph) and single stop of around 15 mins.
nfsfreak is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 17:57   #644
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,532
Thanked: 8,462 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
To reach tirupati from Bangalore (K R Puram), I took around 4 hours with sedate driving (80-100 kmph) and single stop of around 15 mins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
Thanks Suresh, Actually I was planning to leave by 12 and try to reach by 5 or 6. Thanks for the update so that I can plan to leave little early.
To add to Suresh, its actually NH4 till Chitoor. NH18 for some distance. If you drive on Tirupathi bypass its 205. 12 is actually a good time to start. Hopefully you should be able to go past KR Puram (bridge and the town) quite rapidly. Hopefully by 5 you should be able to reach Tirupathi.

I would specifically recommend taking a break at the CCD near Chandragiri. Amazing location staring onto the hill (if I am not wrong). Hope its still there. Remember seeing quite some time back.

Last edited by ampere : 10th April 2014 at 18:01.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2014, 22:27   #645
Senior - BHPian
 
fusionbang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Philly, PA
Posts: 1,022
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Recently did Bangalore-Tirupathi trip...

Till mulbagal (around 90Kms from Bangalore) you get 4L highways and beyond that its 2L all the way.
The roads are in good condition till Tirupati (not sure about Tirupati-Kalahasti stretch) but maintain only decent speeds and drive very carefully.

The buses & lorries in this stretch (in 2L) seem to drive very rash with their sudden overtaking, close cuts and all sorts of nonsense.

To reach tirupati from Bangalore (K R Puram), I took around 4 hours with sedate driving (80-100 kmph) and single stop of around 15 mins.
Thanks nfsfreak. Will make sure even i drive sedately and avoid these trucks and especially KSRTC buses.

Actually last time when I was returning from Tirupathi, I almost ended up face to face with a KSRTC, who came on the wrong side in those curves between those mountains somewhere near Chittoor(I am not sure on the exact location) with some 80 speed and it was evening time. Inspite of dim light, they dont even bother what might happen to others.

I need to have eyes all over especially in this stretch.

Quote:
To add to Suresh, its actually NH4 till Chitoor. NH18 for some distance. If you drive on Tirupathi bypass its 205. 12 is actually a good time to start. Hopefully you should be able to go past KR Puram (bridge and the town) quite rapidly. Hopefully by 5 you should be able to reach Tirupathi.

I would specifically recommend taking a break at the CCD near Chandragiri. Amazing location staring onto the hill (if I am not wrong). Hope its still there. Remember seeing quite some time back.
Thanks for the update ampere. It has been decided to leave by 12 and from my location I would be reaching KR puram around 1, so I might reach by 6 or so.

Also will look out for the CCD as you mentioned and will update the thread with pics on my journey once I am back.
fusionbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai to Tirupati : Route Queries pjay_in Route / Travel Queries 128 13th August 2017 21:35
Coimbatore - Tirupati : Route Queries sudheermenon Route / Travel Queries 40 18th February 2016 14:37
Tirupati - Pune route query sreenidhibr Route / Travel Queries 5 28th August 2008 13:56
Need Route Info: Hyd - Srisailam - Tirupati hyderabadi Route / Travel Queries 0 15th October 2007 17:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks