Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 12:05   #811
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 195
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This route is good, you don't have to go to Chennai.

If you're transiting in Bangalore, then you have the Hoskote-Kolar-Chittoor-Srikalahasti option as well.

Which route are you taking from Trivandrum to Krishnagiri ?
Thanks a lot NPV - I will stick to that route itself. Initially I was planning to drive from TVM to Bangalore and halt there, and then proceed to Srikalahasti the next day morning. But, now I changed my plan to drive from TVM to the temple on the same day (stay at any of the available hotels near the temple), and have darshan and pooja early morning (between 6 - 8 am) the next day.

Planning to take the "traditional" TVM - Nagercoil - Tirunelveli - Madurai - Salem - Krishnagiri and then take the Route 1 you have mentioned.
Since it is a long drive, my primary concern is the road condition from Krishnagiri - I just wanted to make sure that the last stretch is smooth and easily negotiable.

Vivek
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:22   #812
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,693
Thanked: 4,466 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Since it is a long drive, my primary concern is the road condition from Krishnagiri - I just wanted to make sure that the last stretch is smooth and easily negotiable.
Krishnagiri-vellore is excellent as it is part of GQ route to Chennai. From what I know Vellore-chittoor should be good too and rest of the route to Tirupati and Kalahasthi is good. Not too sure about hotels In Kalahasthi, maybe Tirupati is a better option for hotels since kalahasthi is not too far.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:28   #813
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 195
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Krishnagiri-vellore is excellent as it is part of GQ route to Chennai. From what I know Vellore-chittoor should be good too and rest of the route to Tirupati and Kalahasthi is good. Not too sure about hotels In Kalahasthi, maybe Tirupati is a better option for hotels since kalahasthi is not too far.
Thanks for that confirmation NPV. That really helps.
Yes, regarding accommodation, I'm just going through the options - there seems to be some decent hotels near the temple. Else, as you suggested, I will stay at Tirupati and then drive to Srikalahasti the next day morning.
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:36   #814
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,485
Thanked: 8,377 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Thanks for that confirmation NPV. That really helps.
Yes, regarding accommodation, I'm just going through the options - there seems to be some decent hotels near the temple. Else, as you suggested, I will stay at Tirupati and then drive to Srikalahasti the next day morning.
It definitely makes sense to stay in Tirupathi. Gets you lots of options for a good hotel with parking. And you can take bus to Tirumala and roam around without looking for a parking.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 12:46   #815
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 30
Thanked: 27 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekkr_99 View Post
Friends,

Planning for a trip to Srikalahasti from Trivandrum in the coming week. Since there is not much difference between the routes via Chennai and Krishnagiri, I may be going for the route via Krishnagiri. Google shows me three routes from here.

1. Krishnagiri - Vaniyambadi - Ambur - Vellore - Chittoor - Srikalahasti (261 kms)
2. Krishnagiri - Kuppam - Madanapalle - Chittoor - Srikalahasti ( 299 kms)
3. Krishnagiri - Malur - Kolar - Mulbagal - Chittoor bypass - Srikalahasti (322 kms)

Which of these routes is better in terms of good roads? What about option 1?

Thanks.
Safe bet is #1 above.

But, if you want to take #3, best to avoid evening/night journeys as there is too much of truck traffic and you will most certainly get tired. There are also numerous Volvos' on #3, drivers of which drive with a bad attitude and are very reckless. While my drive back from Tirupati last month, I sighted nearly missing head on collision(twice) of a Volvo which was ahead of me and I just slowed down completely and maintained 500 Mts distance from it.
karthikd21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 14:24   #816
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,693
Thanked: 4,466 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthikd21 View Post
But, if you want to take #3, best to avoid evening/night journeys as there is too much of truck traffic and you will most certainly get tired. There are also numerous Volvos' on #3, drivers of which drive with a bad attitude and are very reckless. While my drive back from Tirupati last month, I sighted nearly missing head on collision(twice) of a Volvo which was ahead of me and I just slowed down completely and maintained 500 Mts distance from it.
This is too circuitous for @vivek since he is reaching krishnagiri via Dindigul-Salem so no point driving to malur.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2015, 22:53   #817
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 195
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Thanks Kartik for the suggestion. I'll be taking the Route #1 itself for the journey.
vivekkr_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2015, 21:27   #818
BHPian
 
iamnarayang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Hello all. I hope you all had a wonderful Deepavalli.

I will be travelling to Tirupati on November 20th from Bangalore. Planning to leave at 6 AM from BTM layout in my XUV 500. Six of us, including my parents, my wife and daughters will be travelling. The route I have in mind is KR Puram, Hoskote, Kolar, Chitoor, Tirupati.

1. Is this the best route?
2. From KR Puram, till where is the road dual carriageway?
3. Any good vegetarian restaurants on the way for breakfast? People say Woodys and Kamat are no longer good.

Thanks and Regards, Narayan.
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 06:59   #819
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,918
Thanked: 1,143 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Hello all. I hope you all had a wonderful Deepavalli.

I will be travelling to Tirupati on November 20th from Bangalore. Planning to leave at 6 AM from BTM layout in my XUV 500. Six of us, including my parents, my wife and daughters will be travelling. The route I have in mind is KR Puram, Hoskote, Kolar, Chitoor, Tirupati.

1. Is this the best route?
2. From KR Puram, till where is the road dual carriageway?
3. Any good vegetarian restaurants on the way for breakfast? People say Woodys and Kamat are no longer good.

Thanks and Regards, Narayan.
Yes, this is the best route. You have to take the tirupati by pass road. No need for you to go to Chittoor.
From K R Puram till the AP/KA border, you have 4 lane roads after which once you enter AP you have very good 2 lane roads. But exercise caution while overtaking.
In addition to Woodys you also have Vasudev adigas. I have had lunch there. It's very good out there
Do Note: Kindly wear traditional dress like dhoti, kurta/pyjama as far as gents are concerned. Pants are not allowed. You can wear Shirt.
For ladies, it is saree or chudidhar with dupatta.
Once you finish darshan at Tirupati, try to visit Kanipakkam wherein we have the famous Ganesha temple there.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 11:31   #820
BHPian
 
iamnarayang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
In addition to Woodys you also have Vasudev adigas. I have had lunch there. It's very good out there
Do Note: Kindly wear traditional dress like dhoti, kurta/pyjama as far as gents are concerned. Pants are not allowed. You can wear Shirt.
For ladies, it is saree or chudidhar with dupatta.
Once you finish darshan at Tirupati, try to visit Kanipakkam wherein we have the famous Ganesha temple there.
Thank you Mr. Suresh. Is Vasudev Adigas restaurant near Kolar?
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 12:01   #821
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,918
Thanked: 1,143 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Thank you Mr. Suresh. Is Vasudev Adigas restaurant near Kolar?
Please see the enclosed image. The red circle indicates the location of Vasudev Adigas. It is pretty close to Woodys in Kolar.

Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries-adigas.png
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 12:06   #822
Senior - BHPian
 
audioholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: BengaLuru
Posts: 3,142
Thanked: 4,580 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
Thank you Mr. Suresh. Is Vasudev Adigas restaurant near Kolar?
Vasudev adigas comes after Kolar and after Woodys. It comes on the right if you are going towards tirupathi and be careful while crossing the road here.

We visited tirupathi on 11/11 and had a good darshan since crowds were less. We had booked a slot at 11AM and were out in 45 mins. Due to heavy rains there have been landslides and hence the upward route to tirumala has been closed midway. They are rerouting traffic in the down route and alternating between up and down traffic every 20mins or so. Hence, do keep a 40min buffer while going up or coming down since you will be made to wait till they clear the road of opposite traffic.

Excellent management though. Lot better than what government officials would do in similar situations.
audioholic is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2015, 15:49   #823
BHPian
 
iamnarayang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 69
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Vasudev adigas comes after Kolar and after Woodys. It comes on the right if you are going towards tirupathi and be careful while crossing the road here.

We visited tirupathi on 11/11 and had a good darshan since crowds were less. We had booked a slot at 11AM and were out in 45 mins. Due to heavy rains there have been landslides and hence the upward route to tirumala has been closed midway. They are rerouting traffic in the down route and alternating between up and down traffic every 20mins or so. Hence, do keep a 40min buffer while going up or coming down since you will be made to wait till they clear the road of opposite traffic.

Excellent management though. Lot better than what government officials would do in similar situations.
My wife and I are planning to walk to Tirumala fthrough Alipiri Mettu. Now there is a rumor that the alipiri mettu route has been closed due to incessant rain. There is even a video in the social media showing the stairway, with huge water flowing down the stairs. I don't know if it has improved now.
iamnarayang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2015, 06:56   #824
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,918
Thanked: 1,143 Times
Default re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnarayang View Post
My wife and I are planning to walk to Tirumala fthrough Alipiri Mettu. Now there is a rumor that the alipiri mettu route has been closed due to incessant rain. There is even a video in the social media showing the stairway, with huge water flowing down the stairs. I don't know if it has improved now.
There is one more option to climb the hills. This is called Srivari Mettu near Srinivasamangapuram. This route has only 2400 steps. After the 1200th step, tokens will be issued for which you are entitled to free darshan of the lord. The same tokens will be verified at the last step.
This route has only steps and no road to cover unlike the Alipiri route. The other drawback of this route is the lack of eateries. So carry foodstuff on your own.
Distance wise this route is only 2.1 kms which can be easily covered within 1.5-2 hrs. I climbed by this route in April along with my wife.
suresh_gs is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 07:52   #825
BHPian
 
hillsnrains's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 307
Thanked: 210 Times
Default Re: Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries

Folks,

I have visited Tirupati last week and latest road condition is posted in another thread here

Alternate channel for Tirumala accommodation for Bangalore folks: Beyond online room booking, we can also book rooms in Vyasaraj matt. If one can't get online accommodation, just walk to "Bangalore One" center ask them for room booking in Vyasraj matt. Hope this helps.

Mods: please move this to appropriate thread, if this is not the right place.
hillsnrains is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai to Tirupati : Route Queries pjay_in Route / Travel Queries 128 13th August 2017 21:35
Coimbatore - Tirupati : Route Queries sudheermenon Route / Travel Queries 40 18th February 2016 14:37
Tirupati - Pune route query sreenidhibr Route / Travel Queries 5 28th August 2008 13:56
Need Route Info: Hyd - Srisailam - Tirupati hyderabadi Route / Travel Queries 0 15th October 2007 17:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks