Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2011, 11:24   #16
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Hi friends sorry to open a 4 years old thread.

I have been tracing down a route to reach Hosur from Hebbal. I am able to figure out the route by seeing the google map, but still i am not able to sort it out perfectly. Till today i am travelling through the city. That is reaching to diary circle - madivala then by using the flyover of hosur road, i am reaching hosur.

Please can anyone suggest an alternative route as well as the distance be compared between different routes.

Thanks in advance.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 11:39   #17
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,477
Thanked: 158 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Hi friends sorry to open a 4 years old thread.

I have been tracing down a route to reach Hosur from Hebbal. I am able to figure out the route by seeing the google map, but still i am not able to sort it out perfectly. Till today i am travelling through the city. That is reaching to diary circle - madivala then by using the flyover of hosur road, i am reaching hosur.

Please can anyone suggest an alternative route as well as the distance be compared between different routes.

Thanks in advance.
You can use the ring road via Nagavara, Kalyan Nagar, K.R.Puram, Marathalli, Sarjapura Road and you will reach the Hosur Main Road.
gowda79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 14:30   #18
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,590 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post

Please can anyone suggest an alternative route as well as the distance be compared between different routes.

Thanks in advance.
Can you post the two links?

The following are the route:

1. Hebbal-ORR-Silk Board - BETL - NH7 Hosur
2. Hebbal KR Puram-ITPL-Hope Farm - Varthur Road - Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

3. Hebbal-KR Puram- Hope Farm - Hosekote-Y junction (NH207) - Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur- Baglur- Hosur
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 17:46   #19
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian
 
NPV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Namma Bengaluru
Posts: 4,814
Thanked: 4,757 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
2. Hebbal KR Puram-ITPL-Hope Farm - Varthur Road - Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

3. Hebbal-KR Puram- Hope Farm - Hosekote-Y junction (NH207) - Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur- Baglur- Hosur
For these routes, don't you have to take ORR from Hebbal to KR Puram ? (Hennur-Banaswadi-Old Mds Rd-KR Puram) ?

Also, once you get to KR Puram, instead of going towards ITPL/Hope farm as in amp's routes 2 and 3, you can also do the following:

a)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Left onto old Airport Road-Varthur Road-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

b)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Sarjapur Road-Agara Lake-Hosur Road at Silk Board junction onto NH7- Hosur

*There is flyover construction activity in progress both on the Hebbal-KR Puram stretch of ORR as well as Marathalli-Sarjapur Road stretch.

EDIT:Route b) here is almost same as amp's Route 1 (you have the choice of taking BETL, the elevated tollway from silk board upto electronics city)

Last edited by NPV : 25th June 2011 at 17:58.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2011, 17:55   #20
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,590 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

@NPV Yes its the ORR. As you said, one can also drive till Marathahalli and take old airport road to Varthur and then take SH35 (Varthur road) to Dommasandra and beyond.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 09:09   #21
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

1. Hebbal-ORR-Silk Board - BETL - NH7 Hosur-- This will attract the toll charges of Rs.35/-. It is not worth paying Rs.35/- because the flyover strech is just max 10 kms, plus before entering into TN Border again you will have to pay 20 Rs.

2. Hebbal KR Puram-ITPL-Hope Farm - Varthur Road - Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur - I think this is good . Can anyone say how many kms do this amount to?

3. Hebbal-KR Puram- Hope Farm - Hosekote-Y junction (NH207) - Chikka Tirupati-Sarjapur- Baglur- Hosur. Does it amount to travel too much to reach Hosur. Surely i fell this costs more kms.

Experts your opinion please.

Please suggest the best route among the above three.

Thanks in advance.
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2011, 10:23   #22
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,590 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

If you start early morning nothing like going through the city. In the traffic, Second route would add about 10Km extra. (50 versus 60).
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 09:15   #23
BHPian
 
rki2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 664
Thanked: 138 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Ampere:- Yes early in the morning is not going to create any problem. The issue is travelling in peak hours.

Which is the route which will increase the travel distance, you meant the chikka tirupathi-bagalur-hosur route right?
rki2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 14:34   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Have you considered Hebbal Flyover - ORR - NH4 - NICE Road - NH7?

NICE Road is toll road (quite expensive too, when compared to NHAI standards), but quickest way to get you from NH4 to Electronics City, from where Hosur can be reached in 30 to 40 mins.

Only drawback of this stretch is the ORR near Yeshwantpur, where some portions are still 2 Lane with 2 railway crossings. If you reach that place during train timings, you'll surely be struck there for 30 to 45 mins. Apart from that, all the way from Hebbal Flyover to Electronics City is smooth stretch.
sumanths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 14:56   #25
BHPian
 
kirantp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 384
Thanked: 129 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

a)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Left onto old Airport Road-Varthur Road-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur

is the best option if you are taking Marathhalli ORR. No hassles absolutely as you will be far away from the frustrating traffic and bumber-bumper jams enroute Silkboard - electronics city.
kirantp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2011, 18:55   #26
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,590 Times
Default Re: Route to Hosur! Urgent..

Quote:
Originally Posted by rki2007 View Post
Which is the route which will increase the travel distance, you meant the chikka tirupathi-bagalur-hosur route right?
Yes this is the one with increased distance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirantp View Post
a)Hebbal-KR Puram-ORR towards Marathalli-Left onto old Airport Road-Varthur Road-Dommasandra-Sarjapur-Attibele-NH7- Hosur
Both the options (KR Puram-Hopefarm-Varthur & KR Puram-Marathahalli-Varthur) are good. But both also pass through dense traffic reasons depending on the timings.

Whitefield hotspots are know, while on the Marathahalli route Kundanahalli gate can be a big traffic jam spot. Need to be aware of these and plan according to the timing of the day.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 18:32   #27
Newbie
 
vrreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Shortest route from Sarjapur to Krishnagiri, and beyond

Hello All,

No one seems to have tried this road. I live near Whitefield, so shortest route to Tamil Nadu is not through Electronic City.

I have tried the following -

1) Varthur - Dommasandra - Chandapura - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
2) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
3) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur - Krishnagiri

The 4th seems interesting, atleast to avoid the now crowded Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch.

4) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berikai - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri.

Question is, has anyone tried this road before? How is it?

Regards,
Vrreddy.

PS: One tidbit info -If you are taking Option #2 (SH 35) between Sarjapur and Attibele, you seem to hit a patch of Tamil Nadu, around the Indus Valley school junction on SH 35, for about 2 KMs or so.

This is so, on Yahoo maps and Google Earth, but strangely Google Maps shows Bagalur in Karnataka and SIDCO industrial estates in Hosur in Karnataka, so obviously Google Maps is wrong, where as Google Earth and rest of the maps seem to be right. Does anyone know more about this?
vrreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 22:27   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
shankar.balan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: BLR
Posts: 8,027
Thanked: 5,325 Times
Default Re: Shortest route from Sarjapur to Krishnagiri, and beyond

That area is a bit patchy - bits of it in Karnataka and other bits in TN
Clover Greens Golf course is inside Tamil Nadu I believe. Yet the Exide factory which borders it is in Karnataka.

Funny - so far no disputes for this land, between the 2 states. Long may this state of affairs continue!


Quote:
Originally Posted by vrreddy View Post
Hello All,
No one seems to have tried this road. I live near Whitefield, so shortest route to Tamil Nadu is not through Electronic City.

I have tried the following -

1) Varthur - Dommasandra - Chandapura - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
2) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Attibele - Hosur - Krishnagiri
3) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur - Krishnagiri

The 4th seems interesting, atleast to avoid the now crowded Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch.

4) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berikai - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri.

Question is, has anyone tried this road before? How is it?

Regards,
Vrreddy.

PS: One tidbit info -If you are taking Option #2 (SH 35) between Sarjapur and Attibele, you seem to hit a patch of Tamil Nadu, around the Indus Valley school junction on SH 35, for about 2 KMs or so.

This is so, on Yahoo maps and Google Earth, but strangely Google Maps shows Bagalur in Karnataka and SIDCO industrial estates in Hosur in Karnataka, so obviously Google Maps is wrong, where as Google Earth and rest of the maps seem to be right. Does anyone know more about this?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2012, 23:34   #29
Newbie
 
vrreddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 14
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: Shortest route from Sarjapur to Krishnagiri, and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
That area is a bit patchy - bits of it in Karnataka and other bits in TN
Clover Greens Golf course is inside Tamil Nadu I believe. Yet the Exide factory which borders it is in Karnataka.

Funny - so far no disputes for this land, between the 2 states. Long may this state of affairs continue!
Thanks Shankar.Balan. One more maps - Wikimapia differs from the other two sources as well. I am quite surprised at the inconsistency.
vrreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th January 2012, 09:54   #30
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,601
Thanked: 8,590 Times
Default Re: Shortest route from Sarjapur to Krishnagiri, and beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrreddy View Post
The 4th seems interesting, atleast to avoid the now crowded Hosur - Krishnagiri stretch.

4) Varthur - Dommasandra - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Berikai - Shoolagiri - Krishnagiri.
Once you hit Bagalur, and take left to Malur, you have a bridge. That bridge was closed for some time.
Not sure if its open again.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Route Info? Bangalore: Whitefield - Hosur Road TomRider Route / Travel Queries 54 1st July 2015 14:16
Route Help Required Hosur to Shabarimalai Bhargava_sr Route / Travel Queries 22 4th March 2015 20:37
Hosur to Mysore - Route Query para_7k Route / Travel Queries 12 7th October 2010 07:23
Route Info required - Hosur to Secunderabad Bhargava_sr Route / Travel Queries 15 23rd September 2009 14:26
Hosur-Mahabalipuram-Kalahasti-Hosur Bhargava_sr Travelogues 4 15th July 2009 00:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks