Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 28th June 2007, 01:27   #1
BHPian

Default viTvpm to chikamagalur a kollur and dharmasthala

Dear friends ,

I am planning to do a trip from thiruvananthapuram to chikamagalur via kollur( mookambika) and dharmasthala. We are familiar with route upto manglore and kollur. So please try to give stress on kollur -dharmasthala and chikamagalur route. It will be very nice if info is provided on belur and mysore routes also.
swathyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 09:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

Dharmasthala - Charmadi ghats - Mudigere - Aldur - Chikamagalur

If u want to go to Belur directly u can do Mudigere - Gonibedu - Belur...

From reach Mysore from Chikmagalur, you have to reach NH48 at Hassan through the route Chikmagalur - Belur - Hassan...There are many routes from there....shortest one being
From hassan bp there is a right turn for Hole Narsipur (Hassan - Hole narsipur - Elivala -Mysore, abt 110km), dont know the road conditions?

Other routes are
Hassan - CRpatna - Kikcri - Krishnarajapet - Srirangapatnam - Mysore

Hassan - CRpatna - Neligere on NH48 then right turn - Nagarnangala -Pandavpura - Srirangapatnam - Mysore (road are good but distance is more)

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2007, 14:43   #3
BHPian

Actually i want to feel good roads in karnataka, i havent been able to drive in good roads as i am in kerala. So distance doesnt matter much.
Old 29th June 2007, 13:56   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swathyd View Post
Dear friends ,

I am planning to do a trip from thiruvananthapuram to chikamagalur via kollur( mookambika) and dharmasthala. We are familiar with route upto manglore and kollur. So please try to give stress on kollur -dharmasthala and chikamagalur route. It will be very nice if info is provided on belur and mysore routes also.
Route from Kollur to Dharmasthala.
Kollur-Someshwara-Karkala-Belthangadi-Dharmasthala.
Note:Once you reach Karkala,take the route to Belthagadi & NOT Mudabidri.Roads are good.

Dharmasthala-Belthangadi-Charmadi-Mudigere-aldur-Chikmagalore.
A very scenic drive this time of the year.Except for a 15 km stretch near Charmadi,roads are OK.

Chikmagalore-Belur-Hassan-Holenarsipura-KR nagar-Elivala-Mysore.
You'll simply love this entire stretch of around 180km.
chandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2007, 14:06   #5
BHPian

Thank you dear chandan. Could you kindly give tips on pfuel pumps, eateries, hotels etc.
Old 29th June 2007, 14:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you dear chandan. Could you kindly give tips on pfuel pumps, eateries, hotels etc.
Karkala BP has a nice Reliance Pump, they accept Credit cards too...

Also as u will be hitting Hunsur while going to Mysore, if by any chance you take the turn to go to KRS, there is a big restaurant in the right side, dont remember the name but its huge (looks like a star hotel) and it is simply a gr8 ambience and food is not that costly as well...

Abhi
Old 30th June 2007, 20:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
The route I have given is a very popular one,so there are a lot of good eateries,fuel stations,hotels in places like Karkala,Belthagadi,Dharmasthala
Chikamagalur has Taj Garden retreat.Hassan has Hoysala village resort.So you will need to pick & choose according to your comfort levels.
Old 30th June 2007, 20:11   #8
BHPian

Swathyd,before you leave check the weather conditions in these places.Right now,it is raining heavily around these areas,infact the road from Mudigere to Chikmagalur is closed today because of a submerged bridge.Let me know when you're leaving & I shall PM you about the weather conditions.
Old 30th June 2007, 23:38   #9
BHPian

thanks roy and chandan, will post you before leaving for chikamagalur.
Old 6th February 2008, 21:27   #10
BHPian

Did kollur trip without touching chikamagalur and dharmasthala. I had very limited time to do the trip. Just stayed for a night at kollur.
Old 7th February 2008, 08:54   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did kollur trip without touching chikamagalur and dharmasthala. I had very limited time to do the trip. Just stayed for a night at kollur.
When did you do? Now or in July
and where is the travelogue?

Abhi