Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2016, 19:45   #436
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Yes, it was the KA-TN border and I took the standard route via Madurai-Salem-Hosur. The first KA vehicle that I spotted was after Krishnagiri only.
I started at 10:30AM from Nagercoil and reached Bangalore by 7:00 PM.
I actually meant to ask about the Kerala Tamilnadu border. Seeing that you made it past the border with out trouble during your onward journey. I think I could hope to cross it without being stopped as well.
MinivanDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 19:57   #437
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,978
Thanked: 2,863 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutralgrey View Post
Any idea if cops are still stopping KA vehicles trying to travel into Tamilnadu?
I think this is still a 50:50 situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I actually meant to ask about the Kerala Tamilnadu border. Seeing that you made it past the border with out trouble during your onward journey. I think I could hope to cross it without being stopped as well.
Ok. Nope, I was not stopped at KL-TN border as well.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2016, 22:56   #438
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 7
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: October 2012 Alert - KA / TN Roadblock - Cauvery Issue

Any idea if KSRTC Airawat service to Kerala ( Kottayam) started to go through the regular Salem, Coimbatore route? I have booked a ticket to Kottayam on 8th evening. I used to board the bus from St. Johns Hospital Junction. Hence wanted to know if they are going via Mysore to avoid entering Tamilnadu. In this case I might have to go to Majestic bus stand for boarding bus. I tried the KSRTC support number, but didn't go through. I will be trying tomorrow also, but if any of you have information please pass on.

Thanks.
jaisonjose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 06:22   #439
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Turned away by police at TN border today on our way to Bangalore from Trivandrum
MinivanDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 08:16   #440
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,978
Thanked: 2,863 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Turned away by police at TN border today on our way to Bangalore from Trivandrum
Which border are you talking about? Is it the one at kaliyakkavilai?(KL-TN)?
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 08:40   #441
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Yes. We reached there around 5 am. We were asked to turn back. We tried the police SP Thuckalay office no. We were told politely but firmly that there were incidents of stone throwing at KA vehicles at night. Their orders are to stop vehicles. He said that convoys may be arranged post 6:30. But he could confirm only at 6:30. The person whom we spoke to at the SP's office spoke Tamil only and this is what we could gather with the little Tamil we knew. We turned back to take the route through Kerala rather than waiting
MinivanDriver is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 09:05   #442
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,978
Thanked: 2,863 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Yes. We reached there around 5 am. We were asked to turn back. We tried the police SP Thuckalay office no. We were told politely but firmly that there were incidents of stone throwing at KA vehicles at night. Their orders are to stop vehicles. He said that convoys may be arranged post 6:30. But he could confirm only at 6:30. The person whom we spoke to at the SP's office spoke Tamil only and this is what we could gather with the little Tamil we knew. We turned back to take the route through Kerala rather than waiting
Oh bad! There are routes to bypass the check-post, you could have tried that. Yesterday I spotted many KA vehicles on TN roads so not sure why they are still insisting on convoy drive.

So are you taking the route via thenmala/tenkasi?

Last edited by arun_josie : 9th October 2016 at 09:08.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 19:29   #443
Senior - BHPian
 
suresh_gs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: KA-01 / TN-22
Posts: 1,713
Thanked: 960 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Turned away by police at TN border today on our way to Bangalore from Trivandrum
Are there issues on the KA TN border. As per newspaper reports, vehicles are plying on either sides of the border and that includes Govt buses and private vehicles.
suresh_gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 20:23   #444
BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 485
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

I did a day trip to Thirutani and Kanchi today. I could see a lot of KA vehicles in TN. I didn't face any issues anywhere. Mine is a KA car.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2016, 23:42   #445
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Oh bad! There are routes to bypass the check-post, you could have tried that. Yesterday I spotted many KA vehicles on TN roads so not sure why they are still insisting on convoy drive.

So are you taking the route via thenmala/tenkasi?
I came via Palakkad , Salem. No issues there. It would be great if there are any sources who could confirm whether what I faced at Kaliyikkavilai was just a one off case of some over zealous cops or is it the norm.
MinivanDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2016, 21:24   #446
Senior - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,978
Thanked: 2,863 Times
Default Re: Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I came via Palakkad , Salem. No issues there. It would be great if there are any sources who could confirm whether what I faced at Kaliyikkavilai was just a one off case of some over zealous cops or is it the norm.
I would say its a one-off case because my friend was able to cross this check-post without any issue on the same day of your travel.

By the way, TN police is really confused with this situation. Today, they stopped me at Namakal toll and removed the number plates of my car and 5 other cars. When I asked, they said they are removing the number plates based on instruction from IG office. But later after Salem, I spotted many KA cars with number plates intact. So, not sure on what was their agenda.

Trivandrum to Bangalore : Route Queries-20161011_105606optimized.jpg
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2539 5th December 2016 22:53
Bangalore - Delhi - Srinagar - Delhi - Bangalore : Route Queries micrographics Route / Travel Queries 8 27th November 2015 14:47
Bangalore -> Kollam & Trivandrum -> Bangalore jacs Route / Travel Queries 23 30th September 2013 14:50
Bangalore-Kanyakumari-Trivandrum-Kodaikanal-Bangalore- An update DrVjy Street Experiences 0 22nd October 2011 15:05
Bangalore - Trivandrum Road Trip - Route HELP svsantosh Route / Travel Queries 80 8th January 2009 10:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks