Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 29th December 2016, 14:39   #211
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Srisailam : Route Queries

Latest update on Route - 26 Dec 2016

Srisailam - Hyderabad Outer Ring Road journey:

Vehicle : Skoda Rapid

Total Drive time : 3:00 hours with Food/Biobreaks.

Start Time: 0730 hrs from Srisailam;
End Time: 1030 Hyderabad Outer Ring Road (Tukkuguda).

Srisailam - Dindi : Ghat Section and Forest Reserve roads. Lot of speed breakers lots of blind curves. No good food options. Did not encounter fog early morning. Thin traffic towards Hyderabad.

Dindi - Hyderabad Outer Ring Road (Tukkuguda): Awesome roads. Toll collecting yet to commence. I loved the quality of roads here. Just Awesome.
Food options at Kalwakurthy available. Grand Sai Balaji is the restaurant where TSRTC, and APSRTC buses stop. Average food.
carlosTHEjackal is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 14:53   #212
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosTHEjackal View Post
Latest update on Route - 26 Dec 2016

Srisailam - Hyderabad Outer Ring Road journey:

Vehicle : Skoda Rapid

Total Drive time : 3:00 hours with Food/Biobreaks.

Start Time: 0730 hrs from Srisailam;
End Time: 1030 Hyderabad Outer Ring Road (Tukkuguda).

Srisailam - Dindi : Ghat Section and Forest Reserve roads. Lot of speed breakers lots of blind curves. No good food options. Did not encounter fog early morning. Thin traffic towards Hyderabad.

Dindi - Hyderabad Outer Ring Road (Tukkuguda): Awesome roads. Toll collecting yet to commence. I loved the quality of roads here. Just Awesome.
Thanks for the update on the Dindi to Hyderabad stretch. That part was being widened for the past 3 years, and it is good to learn that it is completed. But what about the bridge near Dindi? Gajadonga posted a few months back that the new one was under construction.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2016, 15:01   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
But what about the bridge near Dindi? Gajadonga posted a few months back that the new one was under construction.
I can't recollect seeing any bridge construction near Dindi. All the road works were complete and none were pending. So I assume the bridge you are referring also to be complete. Will wait for others to update specifically on this bridge.
carlosTHEjackal is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2017, 20:24   #214
Senior - BHPian

Did Srisailam-Hyderabad over the long weekend. Took the Srisailam-Mallapur-Munnanur-Dindi reservoir - Kalwakurthy-Kadthal-Hyderabad route . Overall road conditions are very good. There are speed breakers in the forest section. It took us about 4 hours to reach the Hyderabad ORR from Srisailam.
sdp1975 is online now   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2017, 15:00   #215
BHPian

Looks like the highway is completed and in good shape, how is food scene at Srisailam around temple complex now?
Its been a while since any one reported on that front.

Planning to take a trip before the weekend (mostly Wed), hoping for less than usual weekend rush.
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2017, 11:53   #216
BHPian

Did the trip on Wednesday, some notes:

- Good road conditions overall from Hyderabad to temple complex.
- The revamped section from around Kadthal to post Kalwakurthy bypass has been widened with well marked lanes. The signs for various turns have come up at crucial junctions, will make it easy for first timers on this route. Two toll points have come up for all this - at Kadthal (Rs 55/- for 2-way) and Konetipuram (Rs 30/-).
- The statues in the middle of the roads on various junctions in the cities has been removed, and dividers have come up. Flip side is that you have to look out for vehicles coming from wrong direction.
- Almost all the speed breakers on this stretch have been removed, the ones in forest section and further do remain.
- Bridge at Dindi and another one further before ghats is complete.

At Srisailam, it was breeze for us as it was middle of the week so no rush. Could get easy parking in front of Mallikarjun Sadan. Tried out Trishul restaurant for lunch, has decent north & south options.
deepv is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2017, 12:41   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Did the trip on Wednesday, some notes:

- Almost all the speed breakers on this stretch have been removed, the ones in forest section and further do remain.
- Bridge at Dindi and another one further before ghats is complete.
Thanks Deepankar. The sudden humps between Kalwakurthy and Dindi caught many of us unawares while doing good speeds. I saw an Innova had also damaged its unberbelly. Good to know that those have been flattened.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2017, 13:27   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
... Good to know that those have been flattened.
I still got caught unaware on one (manageable though), don't remember where exactly.
But on tolled road part, there are few and marked if at all.

The highway has become a national highway (NH765), was just checking - the whole of revamping was part of the upgrade.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 13:23   #219
BHPian

Dam gates were eventually opened yesterday due to inflow of water from upstream Jurala reservoir, I suppose that is the first for this season.

Crest gates opened to release the unexpected inflows.

Being the weekend, was anyone around to catch the glimpse?
deepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 13:33   #220
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Dam gates were eventually opened yesterday due to inflow of water from upstream Jurala reservoir, I suppose that is the first for this season.

Crest gates opened to release the unexpected inflows.

Being the weekend, was anyone around to catch the glimpse?
I went on Saturday, stayed overnight and returned on Sunday. I am surprised I didn't see the dam gates open on either the days. I crossed the dam around 12PM on Saturday and 9AM on Sunday.
ashis89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 12:26   #221

I'll be doing Pune - Hyderabad - Srisailam - Kolhapur during the year end week. My plan is to reach Hyderabad by 23rd December afternoon and intend to stay there for 2 nights at least. Plan fr Hyderabad - Srisailam - Kolhapur section is not yet made. Earlier I planned a day trip to Srisailam on 25th December and do Hyderabad - Kolhapur stretch on 26th December. However, the plan is not the same more and need your help in planning. I'll be travelling with my wife and 2.5 years old daughter and mostly I'll be the sole driver.
1. Hyderabad - Srisailam - Hyderabad on 25th/26th December, is it doable? We will be staying in Uppal. I could not book quick darshan ticket for Srisailam online.
2. Hyderabad - Srisailam - Hyderabad on 1 day and then Hyderabad - Kolhapur the next day or Srisailam - Kolhapur on the next day, which one is advisable? We can take a night halt in any enroute city, if needed.
3. Which route should be followed for Srisailam - Kolhapur? What are the night halt options?
4. What are the sightseeing options enroute Srisailam?
binil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 13:32   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binil View Post
I'll be doing Pune - Hyderabad - Srisailam - Kolhapur during the year end week. My plan is to reach Hyderabad by 23rd December afternoon and intend to stay there for 2 nights at least. Plan fr Hyderabad - Srisailam - Kolhapur section is not yet made. Earlier I planned a day trip to Srisailam on 25th December and do Hyderabad - Kolhapur stretch on 26th December. However, the plan is not the same more and need your help in planning. I'll be travelling with my wife and 2.5 years old daughter and mostly I'll be the sole driver.
1. Hyderabad - Srisailam - Hyderabad on 25th/26th December, is it doable? We will be staying in Uppal. I could not book quick darshan ticket for Srisailam online.
2. Hyderabad - Srisailam - Hyderabad on 1 day and then Hyderabad - Kolhapur the next day or Srisailam - Kolhapur on the next day, which one is advisable? We can take a night halt in any enroute city, if needed.
3. Which route should be followed for Srisailam - Kolhapur? What are the night halt options?
4. What are the sightseeing options enroute Srisailam?
1. Hyderabad-Srisailam-Hyderabad is easily doable same day. Uppal - ORR - Srisailam Highway - Srisailam.
2. You can do Srisailam - Kolhapur too. Difficult in a single day.
3. Srisailam - Achampet - Jadcherla - Mahboobnagar is in good condition till last known. Mahboobnagar - Kodangal no idea. Kodangal - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur is well discussed on Hyderabad - Goa thread. Stay at Bijapur too is discussed on same thread. Bijapur - Athani - Miraj - Kolhapur is also discussed on Mumbai - Hyderabad thread.
4. Temple, Shikaram View Point, Cable Car, Boat Ride, Dam View Point, Tribal Museum, etc. Enroute, Jungle Safari.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2017, 15:13   #223

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1. Hyderabad-Srisailam-Hyderabad is easily doable same day. Uppal - ORR - Srisailam Highway - Srisailam.
2. You can do Srisailam - Kolhapur too. Difficult in a single day.
3. Srisailam - Achampet - Jadcherla - Mahboobnagar is in good condition till last known. Mahboobnagar - Kodangal no idea. Kodangal - Sedam - Gulbarga - Bijapur is well discussed on Hyderabad - Goa thread. Stay at Bijapur too is discussed on same thread. Bijapur - Athani - Miraj - Kolhapur is also discussed on Mumbai - Hyderabad thread.
4. Temple, Shikaram View Point, Cable Car, Boat Ride, Dam View Point, Tribal Museum, etc. Enroute, Jungle Safari.
Thanks a lot Hyd_Traveller. Bijapur - Athani - Miraj - Kolhapur I'll check on Mumbai - Hyderabad thread.
Can you please guide me on enroute Jungle Safari? Where should I search online to get more details? I didn't find much of information on this online though read about the safari.
binil is offline   Reply With Quote