Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 12th October 2016, 15:07   #196
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad - Shirdi : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdi View Post
Flying is not an option as they have some other plans too after reaching Shirdi. Anyway thanks hserus. Hopefully someone might have used this road to give an update.
I used to live in Bidar for years and keep going back. Those roads aren't going to improve very much, and there is heavy truck traffic given the number of sugar factories in the area.

Till you're on NH65 (Mumbai highway) you're ok. And once you hit the Ahmednagar road you're ok till the last 20 odd km. It is the roads in between them - in and around Solapur - that will give you pure hell.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 15:32   #197
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Fly to Pune and rent a car there.
How about flying to Aurangabad (http://www.trujet.com/) and then its just 100 Km, how about this option?
PS: I have no idea of the airline nor of the route. I had considered flying to Aurangabad instead of Pune, but couldn't find suitable flight options to Aurangabad from Bangalore.
msdivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2016, 16:06   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
How about flying to Aurangabad (http://www.trujet.com/) and then its just 100 Km, how about this option?
PS: I have no idea of the airline nor of the route. I had considered flying to Aurangabad instead of Pune, but couldn't find suitable flight options to Aurangabad from Bangalore.
Tiny airline, small fleet. Such airlines come and go at very short notice.

And if any of their planes has a mechanical issue or is repossessed by the leasors to recover debt / unpaid lease dues etc - well, you are stuck without darshan.

Pune has several other options available from major airlines. And it isn't all that far plus has better roads towards Shirdi.
hserus is offline   Reply With Quote