Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th August 2009, 15:14   #46
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 189
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Please please please, don't try this osmanabad to nagar via jamkhed route.
Even i do not dare to take this route. Bad road, lonely road, thieves and daaku are present on this route.

In option 1, you will face heavy traffic between solapur to tembhurni.
+ 1 to what Ashish mentioned. Did the Osmanabad to Nagar via Jamkhed 4-5 times in 2000/01 and every time we had to through the ordeal of going on very bad roads/non existant roads..hope things are better now.

While travelling in the night,were always warned of dacoits between Bhoom and Jamkhed.

Since 2004 I have always taken the Solapur/Timburni/Nagar route.
zen91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2009, 18:27   #47
BHPian
 
IndianNomad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 149
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

9
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Thanks everyone and IndianNomad in particular for going through and replying.

Do you have to go all the way upto sholapur or you can turn towards NH211 near anadur as google maps show. Did you use the NH211 via tuljapur or you took NH9 via shetfal/indapur/boribial and then SH10 to ahmadnagar?
I did all the way till Tembhurni via Sholapur on NH-9, took right turn towards karmala from there to Ahmednagar and then to Shridi. There were many Tolls once you turn off NH9. Its easy to navigate through Ahmednagar.

Started from Hyd on 8th June and back on 14th June, drove total of 2100Kms Hyd - Shirdi - Kolhapur - Goa - Kolhapur - Hyd.
Paid 28 tolls amounting to nearly Rs.500.
IndianNomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 00:23   #48
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 59
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Guys, one more from me. Do you recommend visiting Shirdi on 15th Aug? How would be the rush? I have booked hotels in advance from cleartrip.com. Will they honour if there is huge rush?
IUNKWN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2009, 09:30   #49
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Do you recommend visiting Shirdi on 15th Aug? How would be the rush? I have booked hotels in advance from cleartrip.com. Will they honour if there is huge rush?
There will be huge rush on 15th and 16th Aug surely.
One more point, avoid visiting pune and nearby districts due to swine flue.
About your booking of hotel, i suspect about honoring the bookings.
Better, avoid this trip at this time of medical emergency in this area.
This is purely my opinion.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th September 2009, 10:11   #50
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 857
Thanked: 240 Times
Default

I did this stretch in August 15.Hyderabad-Zaheerabad-Humnabad-Sholapur-Timburni-Ahmednagar-Shirdi route.Started around 1pm from Hyderabad after lunch.stopped befofe Sholapur for 15mins to clean the windscreen.Reached Ahmednagar 9pm.Spent 1hr for dinner.It started raining heavily so was a bit slow from Ahmednagar reached Shirdi 11.30pm.On the way back I tried the Shirdi Ahmednagar-Jamkhed-Bhoom-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Humnabad-Zaheerabad-Hyderabad route as was delayed while starting from Shanishinganapur Started Shinganapur around 3.45pm till Jamked toll road good no traffic.The lonely stretch is between Jamked through boom till reaching the NH between Aurangabad to Sholapur.Probably this is a bad stretch road is ok you cannot see a soul in this route.Preferably a day journey on this road would be ok.Reached Hyderabad 1.30am.
To summarise It is not safe to drive after dusk in the Boom Jamked route.This is route is shorter, maybe you can save an hour because of less traffic.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 14:18   #51
ksm
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 12
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

I am planning for a trip from Hyderabad to Shirdi by road on a Tavera. The age group of the tourists range from 1.5 yrs (my little boy) to 74 yrs. (my aunt). We plan to start Friday evening using the following route

Hyderabad - Lingampalli - Sadasivpet - Zahirabad - Humnabad - Basavakalyan - Nilanga - Latur - Ambejogai - Wadhwani - Pimpalner - Harigaon - Shirdi. This route I picked up from internet and says the distance is 570 KMS.

I would like to know if this route is safe for a overnight travel? and the condition of the roads as well. Are there many toll gates in between? Is there an alternate better route apart from this and the Solapur route?

Last time when we went to Shirdi we went through Nizamabad - Basar way and thought it was not the right route to travel both in terms of distance and the road condition.

Your advice at the earliest will be lots of help.
ksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 15:14   #52
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,417
Thanked: 1,540 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksm View Post
I am planning for a trip from Hyderabad to Shirdi by road on a Tavera. The age group of the tourists range from 1.5 yrs (my little boy) to 74 yrs. (my aunt). We plan to start Friday evening using the following route

Hyderabad - Lingampalli - Sadasivpet - Zahirabad - Humnabad - Basavakalyan - Nilanga - Latur - Ambejogai - Wadhwani - Pimpalner - Harigaon - Shirdi. This route I picked up from internet and says the distance is 570 KMS.

I would like to know if this route is safe for a overnight travel? and the condition of the roads as well. Are there many toll gates in between? Is there an alternate better route apart from this and the Solapur route?

Last time when we went to Shirdi we went through Nizamabad - Basar way and thought it was not the right route to travel both in terms of distance and the road condition.

Your advice at the earliest will be lots of help.
The shortest route on the Shirdi-Hyd sector would be shirdi-ahmednagar-ashti-jamkhed-patoda-manjarsumba-kej-ambajogai-ahmedpur-udgir-bidar-zahirabad-hyd,however not really recommended for night travel.

If its night travel that you are looking at then the traditional route is safer and better with better facilities as well:

Hyd-Solapur-Tembhurni-Karmal-Ahmednagar-Shirdi.Hyd to Tembhurni would be around 380-400 kms.Tembhurni to Nagar would be around 120kms and Nagar-Shirdi is around 70kms.A total of approx 590kms.Straight forward roads.Do not take the Jamked-Bhoom-Osmanabad-Tuljapur-Naldurg route as it has bad sections as well there have been some safety issues reported as well.

Patancheru-Solapur can be easily covered in 4.5hrs.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 22:06   #53
ksm
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 12
Thanked: 2 Times
Thumbs up

Thanks for the advice. It was in time and helps me take the decision.
ksm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 18:38   #54
Newbie
 
Scorpiolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default

Folks,

Sorry to open up this thread again after a long time. However, I need information related to this and did not want to open a new thread.

I am planning to go to Shirdi during the weekend of 23rd - 24th of this month (July 2010). I have a Scorpio and will be travelling with my wife and two kids (11 & 6). My current plan is as follows

Thursday (Jul 22nd) - Leave from Secunderabad around 3 PM and reach Solapur and will be staying overnight there.

Friday (Jul 23rd) - Leave from Solapur, visit Shani Shinganapur and reach Shirdi and stay there for the night.

Saturday (Jul 24th) - Leave Shirdi and go to Triambakeshwar. Finish Darshan and reach Solapur for stay at night

Sunday (Jul 25th) - Leave Solapur and reach Hyd.

Need help from you friends on the following

1) Is this a feasible plan or is it too hectic ?

2) In terms of the route, with the monsoon in full swing now, is it a good time to go or should I postpone the whole thing for some more time.

3) What is a good hotel to stay in Solapur. I don't mind if it is on the way and but really do not want drive into some small streets "Looking for a good hotel". As long as the place is decent and safe, I am OK with it. Pls do suggest a good place

4) The same question on acco in Shirdi also. Pls suggest me a good hotel in Shirdi which is closer to the temple so that I can walk.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Scorpiolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 10:22   #55
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiolover View Post
Saturday (Jul 24th) - Leave Shirdi and go to Triambakeshwar. Finish Darshan and reach Solapur for stay at night

Sunday (Jul 25th) - Leave Solapur and reach Hyd.


1) Is this a feasible plan or is it too hectic ?
I think saturday will be too hectic.
After trimbakeshwar, better stay at Pune or Ahmadnagar.

If you plan to stay at pune, better add bhimashankar, detour of 50 km.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 13:18   #56
Newbie
 
Scorpiolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default

Thanks a lot for your inputs Ashish. Based on your suggestions, I have modified my plan as follows

Wednesday - Start @ 4 PM and reach Solapur and stay for night

Thursday - Visit Shani Shinganapur and reach Shirdi for the night

Friday - Finish Sai Darshan and reach Triambakeshwar in the afternoon finish Darshan there and stay in Nashik

Saturday - Visit Bhima Shankar and reach Pune for the night

Sunday - Drive from Pune to Hyd

I still have the below questions based on the above plan

1) Is it possible to finish Shirdi Darshan and Triambakeshwar Darshan the same day or will it be too hectic ?

2) How is the road to Bheema Shankar. I heard from some folks that it goes thru a dense area and is a very lonely road and it is easy to get lost. I assume that it is a safe drive with Family. Let me know on this too.

3) Also how will the crowd be on a Saturday at Bheema Shankar? WIll it be too crowded ? If so, I would rather miss it than gettting crushed in the crowd and get frsutrated.

Pls help me with your inputs on the above points.
Scorpiolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 15:56   #57
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiolover View Post
Thanks a lot for your inputs Ashish. Based on your suggestions, I have modified my plan as follows

Wednesday - Start @ 4 PM and reach Solapur and stay for night

Thursday - Visit Shani Shinganapur and reach Shirdi for the night

Friday - Finish Sai Darshan and reach Triambakeshwar in the afternoon finish Darshan there and stay in Nashik

Saturday - Visit Bhima Shankar and reach Pune for the night

Sunday - Drive from Pune to Hyd

I still have the below questions based on the above plan

1) Is it possible to finish Shirdi Darshan and Triambakeshwar Darshan the same day or will it be too hectic ?

2) How is the road to Bheema Shankar. I heard from some folks that it goes thru a dense area and is a very lonely road and it is easy to get lost. I assume that it is a safe drive with Family. Let me know on this too.

3) Also how will the crowd be on a Saturday at Bheema Shankar? WIll it be too crowded ? If so, I would rather miss it than gettting crushed in the crowd and get frsutrated.

Pls help me with your inputs on the above points.
1] It will be too hectic. you can push but you have two kids and they should enjoy.
2] Don't worry about bhimashankar. Though the last 5 km of road passes through forest, its delight for eyes. The road is completely safe. Lot of people travel on this road. If possible, follow the local tourist car for safer side.
3] There will be less crowd on saturday. As bhimashankar is place of god mahesh, the real crowd will be on monday.

Btw, on day two, you can easily do shani shinganapur and sai darshan at shirdi on same day.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 16th July 2010 at 15:58.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 15:58   #58
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pune
Posts: 726
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

2) Road to Bhimashankar is good and not that lonely or difficult to find - with decent amount of signage.

Crowds might be bigger on w-ends though (mostly big on mondays(?), I made the trip last time on a sunday and it was maddeningly crowded (did not wait in the queue although some family members wanted to - read MiL) but the drive is pretty nice especially during the monsoons.

edit: AshishP got it first as usual :-)

Last edited by Abhay : 16th July 2010 at 15:59.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 17:38   #59
Newbie
 
Scorpiolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 15
Thanked: Once
Default

Thanks for the responses Abhay and Ashish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
1] It will be too hectic. you can push but you have two kids and they should enjoy.
2] Don't worry about bhimashankar. Though the last 5 km of road passes through forest, its delight for eyes. The road is completely safe. Lot of people travel on this road. If possible, follow the local tourist car for safer side.
3] There will be less crowd on saturday. As bhimashankar is place of god mahesh, the real crowd will be on monday.

Btw, on day two, you can easily do shani shinganapur and sai darshan at shirdi on same day.
As regards to the day 2 suggestion that you have given above Ashish, I thought about it, but my only worry was Day 2 for me being a Thursday, I would end up staying a lot more time in the Queue in the temple. That I was the reason, I decided that I will not do Sai darshan on Thursday. However as suggested, if I am able to complete it, I will do it.

Also, when you said it will be too hectic under point # 1, were you talking about Day 2 schedule alone or for the entire trip ? If you meant only for Day 2, then I will take the risk, but if you meant for the whole trip, then I might have to drop one location. Pls let me know.
Scorpiolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 17:49   #60
Senior - BHPian
 
ASHISHPALLOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: BRMT
Posts: 1,984
Thanked: 283 Times
Default

for you,
i have modified the itinerary for ref only.



Wednesday - Start @ 4 PM and reach Solapur and stay for night

Thursday - Visit Shani Shinganapur and reach Shirdi for the night and Finish Sai Darshan

Friday - reach Triambakeshwar finish Darshan there and stay in Nashik and in the evening visit panchvati, kalaram and gora ram temple, goda ghat.

Saturday - Visit lenyadri ganapati, ozar ganapati on the way to Bhima Shankar via junner and reach Pune for the night

Sunday - Drive from Pune to Hyd and visit chintamani ganapati at theur on the way toward solapur near uruli.

all ganapati temples mentioned are ashtvinayaka temples.
in this itinerary, all extras do not require any travel, all are on the way, little 2/3 km off.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 16th July 2010 at 17:52.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore to Shirdi : Route Queries CorsaLove Route / Travel Queries 331 2nd November 2016 21:28
Mumbai to Shirdi : Route Queries viper Route / Travel Queries 65 12th August 2016 18:44
Route Enquiry : Bangalore-Hampi-Bijapur-Shirdi-Tadoba-Hyderabad-Bangalore micrographics Route / Travel Queries 17 16th December 2011 10:56
Bílore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Jabalpur-Maihar Route/Hotel/Food Queries. Su-47 Route / Travel Queries 9 11th March 2008 11:53
hyderabad tuljapur pandarpur shirdi route balakrishnanpk Route / Travel Queries 1 11th October 2007 16:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:24.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks