Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 10th July 2007, 20:36   #1
Senior - BHPian

Question Delhi domestic airport pre-paid taxi to Noida

Someone told me that the pre-paids to Noida have been stopped.

So is this true ?
dadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 20:55   #2
Senior - BHPian

Yes, pre-paid taxis do not come to Noida. Had to take a taxi till NFC & then ask my friend to drope me off to Noida last month.
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 22:15   #3
Team-BHP Support

You have to bargain it will cost 900rs.
If you are lucky and can get through 45454545(don't know whether its 4 45s or 5 45s) you can call radio taxi.
Thats 15rs/km AC taxi, so cost till noida will be around 450-500rs
Other than that there is no pre-paid taxi.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2007, 22:22   #4
BHPian

its true...hard to get Taxi for NCR region.

Only options are Radio Taxi

Call 43434343 or 41414141 @ 15Rs /Km
Iknowthisguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 00:01   #5
BHPian

why is the prepaid taxi to Noida not available. Whats the reason?
compenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 02:43   #6
Team-BHP Support

Its due to an eternal Love affair between UP and Delhi govts
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2007, 04:06   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its due to an eternal Love affair between UP and Delhi govts
hehehe........
easycabs is owned by carzonrent india pvt ltd.they have 250 of them running.air conditioned and better maintained than the regular city yellow blacks.
they have gps to boot (tsk hope you're smiling).
airport to noida 560 bucks if you have a single piece luggage.more if you're travelling heavy.
doctorkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 00:10   #8
Senior - BHPian

I will be in Delhi for the first time on August 1st. What is the best way to reach Okhla from Airport and from okhla to Nizamuddin railway station?

How much would the taxi fare be and do we have prepaid taxis from the airport? Any help would be appreciated.

Since this my first visit, what are things that I can bring back that are special in Delhi?

Last edited by mail4ajo : 26th July 2007 at 00:13.
mail4ajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 01:15   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
I will be in Delhi for the first time on August 1st. What is the best way to reach Okhla from Airport and from okhla to Nizamuddin railway station?

How much would the taxi fare be and do we have prepaid taxis from the airport? Any help would be appreciated.

Since this my first visit, what are things that I can bring back that are special in Delhi?
yes you do have pre paid cabs.there is a delhi traffic police counter at the airport and also a couple of private radio cab operators. you could book a cab to okhla and nzm rly stn from the airport itself.will cost you about 600-700 including waiting time.

what could you possibly want to take back from delhi?delhi is good for street food,traditional mithai maybe and foul language.
Old 26th July 2007, 10:46   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The pre-paid is a drop only service and I believe you will spend some time in okhla, if you are going on official work ask someone in your office to arrange for your drop from Okhla to Nizamuddin, otherwise depending on your luggage, you can even take an autorickshaw.

Shopping will depend upon the time you have at hand, closest market would be lajpat nagar one.
Old 26th July 2007, 11:26   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
Shopping will depend upon the time you have at hand, closest market would be lajpat nagar one.
Or GK - I .
iraghava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 12:04   #12
Senior - BHPian

If you have time go to Ghantewaala sweets at Chandni Chowk and get karachi halwa. Further down visit Karim's have you belly full of Kormas & Ishtew (stew) and pack some as well. Visit Peshawari on the main Daryaganj Road and pack some butter chickens. You only have to save it from the ravenous fellow passengers on your return journey.

Quote:

gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2007, 13:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
If you have time go to Ghantewaala sweets at Chandni Chowk and get karachi halwa. Further down visit Karim's have you belly full of Kormas & Ishtew (stew) and pack some as well. Visit Peshawari on the main Daryaganj Road and pack some butter chickens. You only have to save it from the ravenous fellow passengers on your return journey.
well thats half a days Itenary, if you want to plan, take a autorick to red fort, get down at the red fort/chandni chowk junction, take a cycle-rick while going and while coming back ask the rick for jama masjid, karim's lane is just opposite the gate of Jama masjid, but ask if you are unsure.

Peshawari will come on the opposite lane while coming back on the Golcha cinema side (tell the rick to take you through delhi gate, else he will catch the ring road (raj ghat one).
Old 26th July 2007, 14:01   #14
BHPian

its always BIG pain to get taxi from Domestic or International airport to Noida... if u find one who is ready to go to Noida outside the pre-paid counters then heavy bargains.... so always prefer to call one of my know taxivala to pick me up from Airport.... he charges 550 for that....

and moreover its the same case for auto's as well from ISBT or New Dellhi railway station...Pre-paid auto doesn't come to Noida and outside also... nobody is ready to come to Noida... its the same pain from that places tooo... one have to pay minimum 150/- for auto from ISBT to Noida... this is result of UP & delhi Govt.'s love-affair....
Cool Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2007, 04:07   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
If you have time go to Ghantewaala sweets at Chandni Chowk and get karachi halwa.
@gd :ghantewaala,erstwhile confectioners to bahadur shah zafar II is famous for sohan halwa (a pure desi ghee prep that guaranteed to clog the arteries..lol but tastes good)
karachi halwa leaders are chaina ram and sons(sindhi sweet makers) gummy,yummy and yes these are great for sponsoring a cardiologist's farmhouse too

OT:gd you seem like a serious foodie, maybe we guys should all team up and go for a kill sometime