Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th July 2007, 11:28   #1
BHPian

Default Any road from Lonavala to NH17?

Been towards Amby Valley from Lonavala quite a few no of times. Great roads, fog and rains.
NOW, I dont like riding back the same way to Mumbai via Khopoli and Panvel, is there any other route which cuts from near Amby Valley to say NH17 near Pen or some place?

2-3 kms before Amby valley gate, there is a big junction with a road going towards right. Where does this road go, any idea?

I dont wish to ride back the same way and hence was lookin for an alternative return route to Mumbai from Lonavala.
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 11:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

You have 2 choices to return to Bombay from Lonavla via NH17. First is to go on Amby Valley Road, and after INS Shivaji, you will find the road going left to MUlshi Lake - a very nice hill ride. From Mulshi you can go on to KOlad which is on NH17 and come back via Nagothane, Pen and Panvel. Let me caution you that the Mulsi-Kolad road can be bad at this time of teh year.

The second option is to come back down teh ghats to Khopoli and turn left to go to either Pali or Pen (road forks after Khopoli) and join NH17 at either Pali (south) or Pen (north, closer to Bombay).

Kumar
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 11:42   #3
BHPian

Dont like the second option: as that will be on sorta plain roads (and not hilly roads)

First option : Sounds interesting. But you sure there is a road from Mulshi to Kolad. I dont mind bad roads, infact, Im a sucker for off-roading

EDIT: found some info. From Kolad, Statehighway no 60 goes to Pune. I should take this to Mulshi and then the road to Lonavala which meets up around the Amby Valley golf course. Awesome.

Last edited by BunnyPunia : 20th July 2007 at 11:45.
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th July 2007, 12:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

That is the road, it is around 75 kms from Kolad to MUlshi and around 40 from there to Pune.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote