Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th April 2009, 03:06   #16

hey vikrocks,

what night stop would you suggest between nagpur and bhopal ? I am traveling with my family to Agra from Hyderabad tomorrow, would appreciate some info on hotels as well.

Cheers,
KT
krohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2009, 10:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I did this trip in 2007 from delhi to Hyderabad it took me 30 hours with 6 hours halt on the first night, the route i took was

Delhi-mathura-Agra-Gwalior-Shivpuri-Guna-Bhopal-Nagpur-Hyderabad

You can do the reverse..
The road between hyderabad and Nagpur is excellent some 450 KM, you can easily do this in 6-7 hours...but dont push take a halt here as you will mainly be travelling through the national parks till bhopal with no major towns(good enough for family stay) till Bhopal. To reach Bhopal it takes about a whole day as you will mostly be travelling through vllages. you will see a lot of reliance petrol pumps and all of them have restrooms so ensure you only stop there for bio breaks, Halt at night at bhopal, you can start early next morning and reach Guna in 1 hour 30 minutes another 2-3 hours for shivpuri and another 3-4 hours for Gwalior. please note that you will be travelling through Morina(Chambal) while on this route, i dont think there is going to be any problems other than bad roads. dont stop for anything here even if you see someone in need(emergancies). The road between Gwalior to Agra is bad for 10 Kms goes through some really crowded market places and after Agra its the best roads you can find. in 3 hours flat you will reach Delhi. What i usually do is break the entire journey into parts and from one major destination i usually ask fordirections to the next(in cases of confusion) please ensure you ask for the next major city in your plan and not to tell any one where you heading as they often confuse you. The places in Bold is what you should be looking form, carry enough cash for just 20-30 liters of fuel and some food do not withdraw all the money, use an ATM card(I had a horrible experiance HDFC bank was upgrading its software hence no ATM and Swipe transaction for 6 hours). Have a pleasent and Safe journey. Since you travelling from Agra you can start at say 5 in the morning by 11 you will reach Bhopal and hence you can continue your journey till nagpur, halt here for the night you have a lot of places in the city very reasonable.

Last edited by pramodkumar : 20th April 2009 at 10:17. Reason: Didnt read the entire post :-(
pramodkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 17:30   #18
BHPian

Default Cautious

My car is registered in hyderabad. Do I need any permits etc from the states that i will be crossing through?

It is an Indica 1.2 Petrol and I have driven to Vizag 13 hours straight with just one 15 minute break but I am still a little apprehensive of the Chambal-Morena area and any break down (puncture) that one might have.

Any thoughts or tips on that please?
Danindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2009, 18:31   #19
Senior - BHPian

As long as your car is registered as a private vehicle you dont need any other permits.
Just make sure you have all vehicle documents, PUC certificate and a petrol buk bill from hyderabad.
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:11   #20
Senior - BHPian

It is a lovely road from Agra-Pholpur-Morena-Gwalior, and you do not have to worry about any safety issues by day - in fact, I have driven through the stretch at night also without any problems. But facilities are very poor so do your refuelling and have refreshments at Agra/Gwalior since there is hardly anything in the route.

Just for your planning, one of our friends pramods drove from Nagpur to Hodal (just 80 kms short of DElhi, in Haryana) in the same day, morning to night, via Bhopal, Guna, Gwalior and Agra.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:28   #21

Default 1100 Kms in one day

Did Pramods cover 1000-1100 kms in one day? How many hours did he drive? What car? What avg. speed? Interesting..
naidusown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2009, 09:44   #22
Senior - BHPian

Yes, pramods was on his way to Leh. Left Nagpur at 4 am I think and reached Hodal at 930 pm. He crossed Gwalior by 5 pm, found the roads to be greta all teh way, and his fast trip has given a new dimension to the Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhopal-Delhi drive.

In fact, today, he must have left Ambala on his way back, hoping to reach Nagpur by night!
Old 10th June 2009, 23:28   #23
BHPian

Default Bunk

Thanks Cool Dude.

It is a petrol buNk bill right?

Thanks a lot buddy,
Dan
Danindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2009, 01:54   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, pramods was on his way to Leh. Left Nagpur at 4 am I think and reached Hodal at 930 pm. He crossed Gwalior by 5 pm, found the roads to be greta all teh way, and his fast trip has given a new dimension to the Bangalore-Hyderabad-Nagpur-Bhopal-Delhi drive.
Wait a sec. Are you saying that roads have become great in MP ?
hondadude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 11:02   #25
BHPian

Arrow Road Condition from Hyderabad to Delhi

Hi guys

I am planning a road drive from Hyderabad to Delhi via Nagpur, Jhansi, Gwalior, Agra in my Hyundai Elantra

How good is the road condition after the rains in the last month

I dont see any other alternate routes either and am planning to do the trip in 2 or 3 days

Last edited by Jaggu : 15th July 2009 at 11:10. Reason: Please use search feature before opening a new thread, Thanks
rajeshchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2009, 12:49   #26
Senior - BHPian

AS discussed above, the route from Nagpur to Gwalior via Betul, Itarsi, Bhopal, Biaora, Guna and Shivpuri is preferred (and in good condition now) compared to the one via Laknadon, Sagar, Lalitpur and Jhansi.
Old 16th July 2009, 09:14   #27
BHPian

Question Hyderabad Delhi Road Trip Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
AS discussed above, the route from Nagpur to Gwalior via Betul, Itarsi, Bhopal, Biaora, Guna and Shivpuri is preferred (and in good condition now) compared to the one via Laknadon, Sagar, Lalitpur and Jhansi.
Thanks HV
This is my current Plan
I intend to start today (16 Jul 09) at 9.00 pm and reach Nagpur by 7 am
Take rest/relax for an hour or two and continue towards Bhopal, expect to reach by nightfall (on 17 Jul evening)
Start on 18 Jul (saturday) for delhi and drive upto delhi direct via Gwalior and Agra

Do let me know any feedbacks/flaws on this plan
rajeshchand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 12:52   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Just sleep at a toll naka in the car itself.

Looks good! Me likes
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2009, 13:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajeshchand View Post
Thanks HV
This is my current Plan
I intend to start today (16 Jul 09) at 9.00 pm and reach Nagpur by 7 am
Take rest/relax for an hour or two and continue towards Bhopal, expect to reach by nightfall (on 17 Jul evening)
Start on 18 Jul (saturday) for delhi and drive upto delhi direct via Gwalior and Agra

Do let me know any feedbacks/flaws on this plan
Good plan, doable, except that you have to be really very fast on Bhopal-Delhi sector.
Old 16th July 2009, 13:27   #30
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Two other options albeit much longer but nicer roads is to head to Pune, onto Dhulia and toward Indore delhi. Or to Nagpur, cut across to Dhulia via Jangaon (?) and onto Indore Delhi. A bit of a roundabout trip but you get much better and safer highways all through. But it would be much longer I think compared to the straight up through Bhopal

The last time (2001) I did Nagpur-Bhopal I almost cried. There were no roads in MP and I did it in peak monsoon!! I hope the roads are much better now

Last edited by DKG : 16th July 2009 at 13:31.
DKG is offline   Reply With Quote