Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:12   #76
Senior - BHPian
 
nilanjanray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,826
Thanked: 2,386 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Is it possible to do Pench-Kumaon in a day in winter? I am worried about fog in the morning and at night. I am toying with the idea of driving down to Kumaon from Bangalore and want to check whether it is possible in two days of hard driving. I have already done Bangalore Pench in a day but in summer when there was no fog.
nilanjanray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:21   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Is it possible to do Pench-Kumaon in a day in winter? I am worried about fog in the morning and at night. I am toying with the idea of driving down to Kumaon from Bangalore and want to check whether it is possible in two days of hard driving. I have already done Bangalore Pench in a day but in summer when there was no fog.
Summer or winter, I think it is impossible
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd December 2011, 23:31   #78
Senior - BHPian
 
nilanjanray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,826
Thanked: 2,386 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Summer or winter, I think it is impossible
Sorry I meant in two days of hard driving. You mean, Pench/Rukkad to Kumaon (Tanakpur or Haldwani) is not doable in one day through Agra/Moradabad)?
nilanjanray is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2011, 08:09   #79
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Sorry I meant in two days of hard driving. You mean, Pench/Rukkad to Kumaon (Tanakpur or Haldwani) is not doable in one day through Agra/Moradabad)?
Even locals shudder at driving Agra-Aligarh-Moradabad which are narrow UP roads without any town bypasses and lots of miscellaneous traffic, and very rarely in good condition. I would go via Delhi/NCR any day. The other choice is to turn off at Jhansi and go to Kanpur-Lucknow-Bareilly route which is excellent. Even if you take this route, you won;t reach Kumaon the same day, maybe the best you will do that day is to reach (and stay at) Kanpur
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 12:33   #80
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,661 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Please advice for a road trip planned for the last week in January.

From Hyderabad to Manesar (near Delhi), how would this route be:

Hyd-Adilabad: 300kms
Adilabad-Amravati: 200kms.
Amravati-Indore: 360kms. (Night Halt some place in between)
Indore-Jaipur: 600kms.
Jaipur-Manesar: 235kms.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 19:06   #81
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Please advice for a road trip planned for the last week in January.

From Hyderabad to Manesar (near Delhi), how would this route be:

Hyd-Adilabad: 300kms
Adilabad-Amravati: 200kms.
Amravati-Indore: 360kms. (Night Halt some place in between)
Indore-Jaipur: 600kms.
Jaipur-Manesar: 235kms.
Interesting route.
However:

- Bad roads in AP-MH border area, hence turn off NH7 at Karanji (north of Pandharkawada) for Yavatmal

- Bad roads in MH-MP border towards Dharni

- Wildlife area (Melghat WLS), avoid night travel, very poor facilities

- Since Indore-Lebad roads are bad, a better idea would be to twist teh route a little, by taking the excellent Indore-Ujjain route, then connect to NH79 at Badnawar for onward journey via Ratlam, Mandsaur, Neemuch & Nimbahera to Chittorgarh. Roads are bad in MP-RJ border after Neemuch

- From Jaipur onwards, road widening is still on till Manesar, causing traffic to slow down
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 19:42   #82
BHPian
 
lazyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Please advice for a road trip planned for the last week in January.

From Hyderabad to Manesar (near Delhi), how would this route be:

Hyd-Adilabad: 300kms
Adilabad-Amravati: 200kms.
Amravati-Indore: 360kms. (Night Halt some place in between)
Indore-Jaipur: 600kms.
Jaipur-Manesar: 235kms.
From the dates, route and destination, I understand you are riding to RM 2012, I am also in a fix about the route. Are you riding solo?
lazyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 20:16   #83
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,661 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
From the dates, route and destination, I understand you are riding to RM 2012, I am also in a fix about the route. Are you riding solo?
Smart Boy.

I am 80% confirmed. My heart is already there and I am just matching up the pieces.

I will be riding with my club, 23One.

Are you riding alone?
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 20:30   #84
BHPian
 
lazyrider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Smart Boy.

I am 80% confirmed. My heart is already there and I am just matching up the pieces.

I will be riding with my club, 23One.

Are you riding alone?
Same here, have been waiting for this for a long time.

So you will be riding with Sudhir & Manish right? I am also riding with my club, Wolfe Pack.

Still deciding on the route, dont mind a longer route if the roads are better, but we have to handle bad roads at some point
lazyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2011, 15:48   #85
Team-BHP Support
 
bblost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 9,650
Thanked: 6,661 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

How is this route:

Hyderabad -> Indore: 806 km on SH 27
Halt.

Indore -> Agra: 610kms on NH 3
Halt anyplace after crossing Agra.

From Agra, Gurgaon is just 200 kms.

Requesting suggestions on this route as we touch Indore around the 800 km mark. So assuming that getting accommodation would be easier.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 11:32   #86
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 117
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

HVK and others Need Help Planing my next trip; Having completed 5050KM north east drive this summer; I will be taking the below trip the summer of 2013;

Hyderabad to Dharamsala-Himachal Pradesh; (12-13 Hours of Driving Only per day, Should reach each destination before 8.30PM, Morning Start not earlier than 8AM, Passengers are wife and two kids- 5 & 10 Years of Age)

Onward:
1. Hyderabad to Nagpur
2. Nagpur to ? (not sure which place)
3. ? to Agra (Rest One full day in Agra with site seeing 1 Day Stay)
4. Agra to Delhi
5. Delhi to Ambala
6. Ambala to Shimla (Site Seeing) 2 Nights-Excluding the day of arrival
7. Shimla to Dharmasala (Site Seeing) 2 Nights-Excluding the day of arrival

Return

1. Dharmasala to Amritsar (Golden temple) 1 Day Stay
2. Amritsar to Delhi (Delhi Site Seeing)
3. Delhi to Agra
4. Agra to ?
5. ? to Nagpur
6. Nagpur to Hyderabad

Please advice on alternative place of stop which may include site seeing. I am going by above route as indicated in google map. I know for sure it is not always correct. Do also guide me on exact route, all expressway routes if possible.

Last edited by ajitsank : 1st June 2012 at 11:34.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 11:57   #87
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
HVK and others Need Help Planing my next trip; Having completed 5050KM north east drive this summer; I will be taking the below trip the summer of 2013;

Hyderabad to Dharamsala-Himachal Pradesh; (12-13 Hours of Driving Only per day, Should reach each destination before 8.30PM, Morning Start not earlier than 8AM, Passengers are wife and two kids- 5 & 10 Years of Age)

Onward:
1. Hyderabad to Nagpur
2. Nagpur to ? (not sure which place) GWALIOR OR JHANSI
3. ? to Agra (Rest One full day in Agra with site seeing 1 Day Stay)
4. Agra to Delhi
5. Delhi to Ambala, WHY AMBALA? WHY NOT SHIMLA DIRECT?
6. Ambala to Shimla (Site Seeing) 2 Nights-Excluding the day of arrival
7. Shimla to Dharmasala (Site Seeing) 2 Nights-Excluding the day of arrival

Return

1. Dharmasala to Amritsar (Golden temple) 1 Day StayWHY NOT DALHOUSIE?
2. Amritsar to Delhi (Delhi Site Seeing)
3. Delhi to Agra
4. Agra to ?
5. ? to Nagpur
6. Nagpur to Hyderabad

Please advice on alternative place of stop which may include site seeing. I am going by above route as indicated in google map. I know for sure it is not always correct. Do also guide me on exact route, all expressway routes if possible.
MAYBE NEXT YEAR THE NAGPUR-LAKNADON-SAGAR-JHANSI-GWALIOR ROAD WILL BE MUCH BETTER ON COMPLETION OF MORE ROAD WIDENING.
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 15:14   #88
Senior - BHPian
 
ranjitp1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 3,610
Thanked: 1,719 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
Hyderabad to Dharamsala-Himachal Pradesh; (12-13 Hours of Driving Only per day, Should reach each destination before 8.30PM, Morning Start not earlier than 8AM, Passengers are wife and two kids- 5 & 10 Years of Age)
Details of a similar trip that we did a couple of years back http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...delhi-hyd.html (A Himalayan Sojourn:Hyd-Del-Shimla-Manali-D'sala-Wagah-Amritsar-Agra-Delhi-Hyd)

Last edited by mobike008 : 1st June 2012 at 15:23. Reason: Full quote was not required
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 15:22   #89
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,728
Thanked: 7,889 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajitsank View Post
HVK and others Need Help Planing my next trip; Having completed 5050KM north east drive this summer; I will be taking the below trip the summer of 2013;.
What car do you drive? If its a sedan, then N-S corridor is not a great option to travel as after Nagpur most of the highway until Delhi is not that great especially the MP sector.

You can take some cue for your return trip from Delhi-Hyderabad from my travelogue. However, i hated that drive back due to horrible roads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...let-cruze.html (Expressway-Sand-Gravel-Snow: 5500kms in a Chevrolet Cruze)
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st June 2012, 15:41   #90
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Secunderabad
Posts: 117
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad-Delhi (Road Trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
What car do you drive? If its a sedan, then N-S corridor is not a great option to travel as after Nagpur most of the highway until Delhi is not that great especially the MP sector.

You can take some cue for your return trip from Delhi-Hyderabad from my travelogue. However, i hated that drive back due to horrible roads

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...let-cruze.html (Expressway-Sand-Gravel-Snow: 5500kms in a Chevrolet Cruze)
Swift ZXI. Truly scared of bad roads. It kills time and being a sole driver the exhaustion sets in fast.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore-Delhi-Lucknow-Banaras-Raipur-Hyderabad road trip ramanak Route / Travel Queries 1 17th September 2012 10:42
Delhi-Hyderabad Road Trip vivek_vt Travelogues 28 26th September 2011 15:25
Route, Road, Hotel Info : Hyderabad-Rajasthan-Delhi-Hyderabad mobike008 Route / Travel Queries 37 7th December 2010 17:24
Hyderabad-Uttranchal-Himachal-Delhi-Hyderabad (5000kms Road Trip) mobike008 Route / Travel Queries 62 2nd December 2009 16:07
Planning long holiday, Delhi-Leh-Delhi, Delhi-Gangotri-Delhi by road arunforu1 Route / Travel Queries 19 22nd August 2009 02:25


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks