Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th April 2009, 21:59   #286
Senior - BHPian

Its very simple. start from HSR layout towards Hosru road. Before electornic city you will get NICE road junction and take that junction. Keep following and you can reach Tumkur road in about 1 hr drive.

To reach NICE road from Magadi road: Keep driving in Magadi road till you find NICE road junction. Its just before country club.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 13:21   #287
Team-BHP Support

Guys just a small clarification, from Hosur road i can take the NICE road till Mysore road right? Any idea how many kms is this? i have tried the section till Bannargatta after that how do i proceed?
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 14:04   #288
Senior - BHPian

You reach Bannerghatta Road, take left on to Bannerghatta Road go about 100 mtrs and then take right. It is small tarred road. You can see a lot of trucks entering & exiting this road. That is the road that will take you to Kanakapura Road and further till Mysore Road.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:33   #289
Team-BHP Support

Thanks Vikram i think i took that road also lol along with Rudra. 2 times i missed out from slowing down to enter nice while coming from Mysore road so this time ill take it during onward trip itself so that it registers in my mind.
Jaggu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 16:39   #290
BANNED

Folks, coming back from coorg on sunday late afternoon enroute to chennai, after rajarajeswari college i rurn right into nice road..........
Pls guide me to reach electronic city with directions.

tnx
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:07   #291
Senior - BHPian

If you come from Mysore side in mysore road 300mtrs before Kengeri under construction flyover take right U turn and then take left to NICE road within 200mtrs. Thats how you need to enter NICE road from Mysore.

From there its very simple till Bannergatta road. offroading places are tarred with single lane very nice surface they have put. Reach Bannergatta road and take right and then left within 50mtrs. Then small roads curves left/right into village and then you can find left turn which goes directly to NICE road.

I suggest follow trucks, most of them take same small road to reach NICE road towards Hosur road from bannergatta road.

Remember in this case once you reach Bannergatta road if you take left and then right turn in 100 mtrs which also reach NICE road but that can violate traffic as that right turn is one way. People joining bannergatta road from Hosur NICE road side need to take that road.

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2009, 17:37   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
I suggest follow trucks, most of them take same small road to reach NICE road towards Hosur road from bannergatta road.
Trucks have stopped using that small road now. They go through Jigani now.
vikram_d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2009, 15:44   #293
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram_d View Post
Trucks have stopped using that small road now. They go through Jigani now.

Very true, on 26th when returning from coorg after entering bannerghatta road it was a long detour via jigani and via the entire electronic city factories and you exit on the hosur road to bangalore, then another u turn and towards hosur side.
I was totally confused as when i travelled to mysore road from e.city 6 months back, it was not so longish!
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 08:49   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Ravi.
Work is going on at full swing (at both ends) at Bannergatta road exit of NICE road. Looking at the current phase, the work is likely to be completed in one or two months and the meandering roads we have to take currently to enter and exit NICE road would be a thing of the past. The over bridge construction is going to take some time though.

-- Wind
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 20:33   #295

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind View Post
Work is going on at full swing (at both ends) at Bannergatta road exit of NICE road. Looking at the current phase, the work is likely to be completed in one or two months and the meandering roads we have to take currently to enter and exit NICE road would be a thing of the past. The over bridge construction is going to take some time though.

-- Wind
That would be really nice given the current state of Banerghatta road after all those digging and all near Bilekahalli. It would be a boon for all traveling towards Outer Ring Road from Bannerghatta / Kanakapura road taking the nagnathpura (bosch) route.
Jhajee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2009, 08:15   #296
BHPian

Default Road block again for Nice Road

According to today's Hindu newspaper, The Karnataka High Court has stayed for two weeks the construction of peripheral road around a portion of land in Gottigere village.

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Roadwork on part of land at Gottigere stayed

-- Wind
Wind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 09:50   #297
BHPian

Please can any one update the status of NICE road from/to PES college (on outer ring road, Banashankari) towards EC?

regards,
-manju
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2009, 11:35   #298
Senior - BHPian

Had been on NICE last to last Saturday that went by. There are no crazy diversions now. You can now fly past Mysore road on to Tumkur road without stopping for any bypass or detour.
I had to go to Bidadi and completely missed the Mysore road detour.
Took a 'U' and took a left exit to Mysore road.
Also the Gotigere entrance to NICE is not a nightmare it used to be.
It is tarred and pretty decent. Great going. Better late than never.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 12:30   #299
Senior - BHPian

Angry Jokes continue... This is going to be a AMAR THREAD...!!!

BMIC PROJECT
Its a bigger issue than Nandigram

Bangalore: The Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project is set to face another roadblock. Joining its opposition ally JD(S), the Congress plans to make it a much larger issue than that of Nandigram in West Bengal , when the legislature session resumes on Monday.
We are convinced that the project will lead to agitations, much larger in scale than Nandigram. So we have decided the raise the issue in the House, Congress leaders Siddaramaiah and V S Ugrappa said on Sunday.
Ugrappa visited Gonipura and K Golhalli villages off Bangalore, where the project is facing stiff resistance from farmers, on Sunday evening.
Nandigram is the story of farmers of only one village being forcibly asked to hand over land. In this case, farmers of 19 villages will be affected . They have already started agitating against the move and the Congress will oppose it tooth and nail, Ugrappa said soon after his visit.
He alleged that the Rs 2,250-crore project promoted by Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprise is not feasible as it entails uprooting of several acres of farmers land. Ugrappa also claimed that the project will not lead to development of the state, as touted by the government . It will rather lead to destruction , he added.
Substantiating his argument , he said in the primary notification issued in 1999, there was no sign of a township . But on March 21 this year, the final notification issued includes 2,000 acres of land for a township project.
This was done after land rate shot up from Rs 80,000 to Rs 1.5 to 2 crore, he alleged.
NICE officials maintained the company has the mandate to deviate from the original alignment decided after the framework agreement, as per the original agreement with the government.

Last edited by svsantosh : 27th July 2009 at 12:31. Reason: removed font tags
svsantosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 13:57   #300
Senior - BHPian

So does that mean that if they shout more in the Vidhan Saudha its curtains for this heavenly stretch ?
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote