Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2010, 19:49   #496
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 676
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Agree with you Gany, recently used it & feel that NICE road is just not worth the 80 Rs odd toll that is charged. The surface has too many undulations, the surface needs a recoat in many places, no proper expressway patrol & plenty of idiots who hog the fast lane :(

Is there any complaint mechanism in place to reach Ashok Kheny ? Or do we direct our complaints to Deve Gowda
nirmaljusdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 07:43   #497
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

Finally NICE road would be complete(d) !


Source : Times of India
Gottigere resort gives way for NICE link - Bangalore - City - The Times of India
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 07:46   #498
BHPian
 
babaops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Finally NICE road would be complete(d) !


Source : Times of India
Gottigere resort gives way for NICE link - Bangalore - City - The Times of India

finally a good news about NICE road
babaops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 07:50   #499
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

It seems the resort was the last bastion. They razed within hours.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 10:08   #500
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Finally NICE road would be complete(d) !


Source : Times of India
Gottigere resort gives way for NICE link - Bangalore - City - The Times of India
Not so good news when you see the toll charges, and the road quality has gone down significantly. Govt must reduce or press NICE to reduce it.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 11:36   #501
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Not so good news when you see the toll charges, and the road quality has gone down significantly. Govt must reduce or press NICE to reduce it.
I guess it will come down, as the road gets completed and pressure would mount on the govt on popular demand, as it becomes a mainstream road.

Most logical conclusion would be this road being transferred to NHAI and toll charges being merged into one.

Last edited by ampere : 4th July 2010 at 11:38.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 12:42   #502
BHPian
 
babaops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I guess it will come down, as the road gets completed and pressure would mount on the govt on popular demand, as it becomes a mainstream road.

Most logical conclusion would be this road being transferred to NHAI and toll charges being merged into one.
I doubt if the transfer would happen....but yes a rationalization of toll might be on the cards in some time....but going by the speed at which things happen I doubt if this would happen any time soon....
babaops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2010, 15:03   #503
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babaops View Post
I doubt if the transfer would happen....but yes a rationalization of toll might be on the cards in some time....but going by the speed at which things happen I doubt if this would happen any time soon....
I am of the same opinion. But I guess this may happen very soon, as there is a supreme court diktat (what is that?). PLUS even NICE guys would like to get over it.

But once done, what ever be the toll, it would be an amazing by-pass; totally hassle free. Couple it with 4L NH4, Mysore road, we would have a beautiful system in place. (I am an optimist!)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:46   #504
BHPian
 
Aquarian20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore, India.
Posts: 73
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Finally the road can now be completed. I believe after this NICE guys may recoat the whole length of road to make it even and really Nice then the toll won't feel so high.
Aquarian20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:51   #505
BHPian
 
gopikb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 422
Thanked: 117 Times
Default

I just read in another forum that NICE has already opened one way connecting Bannerghatta road to Hosur road and people donot need to take a detour at Bannerghatta road. But on the reverse direction from Hosur road to bannerghatta road, it is still not opened yet. Is this true?
gopikb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:57   #506
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,604
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
I just read in another forum that NICE has already opened one way connecting Bannerghatta road to Hosur road and people donot need to take a detour at Bannerghatta road. But on the reverse direction from Hosur road to bannerghatta road, it is still not opened yet. Is this true?
That is news. Did not hear about it.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 13:58   #507
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default

I am planning a Chennai - Coorg Trip towards the end of July.

Chennai - Hosur - E.City - NICE - Srirangapatna - Mysore Bypass - Coorg

What is the status of the NICE Road ? I will be crossing the same at around 6:00 am. Is it sake to cross at that time ? I read a post about a BHPians unsafe passage through NICE near Bannerghatta.

Is it worth taking NICE Road or should i go via BTM - Banshankari - Mysore Road ?

How easy or difficult is it to navigate at the place where NICE road ends. (Near Bannerghatta)
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 14:01   #508
BHPian
 
babaops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 61
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
That is news. Did not hear about it.
I did see a few trucks coming from BG road towards hosur from the underconstruction area, but they looked more like construction vehicles, will try to check in the evening though.
babaops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 14:58   #509
Senior - BHPian
 
scopriobharath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 3,565
Thanked: 1,175 Times
Default

babaops, please post your view. it will greatly help me.
scopriobharath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 15:32   #510
BHPian
 
deepaktpatil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: KA 05, MH 10
Posts: 285
Thanked: 75 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
I am planning a Chennai - Coorg Trip towards the end of July.

Chennai - Hosur - E.City - NICE - Srirangapatna - Mysore Bypass - Coorg

What is the status of the NICE Road ? I will be crossing the same at around 6:00 am. Is it sake to cross at that time ? I read a post about a BHPians unsafe passage through NICE near Bannerghatta.

Is it worth taking NICE Road or should i go via BTM - Banshankari - Mysore Road ?

How easy or difficult is it to navigate at the place where NICE road ends. (Near Bannerghatta)
You should take NICE road. You may face some problem near Bannerghatta road, but that shouldnt discourage you. Make sure you take this road till Mysore road or else you will loose time even though you reach electronic city around 6:00 AM.

Last edited by deepaktpatil : 6th July 2010 at 15:33.
deepaktpatil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NICE road, Bangalore: Poor engineering or just bad driving? TD_GHY Street Experiences 23 9th July 2017 12:36
Bangalore - Evening Gateaway 'Nice Road Office' (Garden & Park) neo45007 Travelogues 15 23rd May 2017 13:07
Nice Road to Bannerghatta Road - Be careful during night! sridharganesan Street Experiences 20 3rd December 2010 20:09
To Tumkur - Nice road or regular [via Yashwantpur] road? penpavan Route / Travel Queries 15 16th June 2009 14:55
Nice guys finish last ?? Details of an encounter on the road. s0uljah Street Experiences 17 22nd April 2006 10:34


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks