Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th May 2017, 13:06   #991
BHPian

Default Re: Query: NICE Road - Bangalore

Yes, it is after the BETL toll gate, you can switch to service road which is on the left side of BETL and pass by Infosys and reach HP gate signal, continue on left to enter NICE Road after this signal.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2017, 13:06   #992
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvind71181 View Post
Coming in from Chennai, where do I cut off to get on the NICE road for going to Mysore? Will it be after the BETL flyover toll? Should I continue for sometime without getting on to the flyover and take a left based on signage?
There are enough signage that will indicate the entry for BETL. If you ignore them, you will easily proceed ahead towards the EC Phase 1 Junction.

In simple words, you can never get onto BETL unless you pay the toll .

Proceeding either from the left hand side or right hand side of the BETL toll will take you straight to EC Phase -1 Junction. Based on whether you are waiting on the Service road or the main road (for the signal to turn green), you head ahead onto service road from this junction and soon you will see an entry ramp for NICE Road.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 12:01   #993
BHPian

Hi All,

Need a small route guidance.

I am planning for a trip from Electronic City to a village near Davangere. I have to pickup a couple of guys from near the PES College NICE Road exit.

Wanted to know which exit should I take so that I can get out of Bangalore the fastest and onto the highway considering that and the name of the exit too please.

Thanks
J
jphukan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 13:41   #994
BHPian

Hey J - Use the NICE road from e-City and traverse the entire NICE road, all the way to TUMKUR road exit. I am assuming that your friends will be waiting at the Nice road and you don't have to get out at PES and get back again on NICE after picking them ?
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 14:26   #995
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I have to pickup a couple of guys from near the PES College NICE Road exit.
As Krishna has mentioned, NICE Road from E-City to Tumkur road is no brainer for your need.
However, if you have to pick your friends from near PES college, then you have to exit and re-enter NICE Road. Ask your friends if they can meet you at NICE Road-Tumkur road exit, will be easier on logistics.
NPV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2017, 15:12   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Hi All,

Need a small route guidance.

I am planning for a trip from Electronic City to a village near Davangere. I have to pickup a couple of guys from near the PES College NICE Road exit.

Wanted to know which exit should I take so that I can get out of Bangalore the fastest and onto the highway considering that and the name of the exit too please.

Thanks
J
Take the PES Exit (also known as Link Road Exit), Pick your friends from the exit which is next to PES anyway and then continue on Outer Ring road instead of getting back to NICE. It will take 20 Minutes max for you from this exit to hit Tumkur road at Goreguntepalya.

In fact, you need not even hit GG Palya signal and just take left soon after you descend from Flyover at Rajkumar Samadhi and then take next right to reach a T Junction (with Tumkur Road) where as soon as you turn left, you will see entry for NBTL. One road from here.

Taking NICE back again is hardly doing to save time, unless you are doing this at peak morning and evening hours.

I have been using this road to hit Tumkur road from EC for almost a year now and cam vouch for the timings mentioned.

Origin : PESIT Exit (NICE/ORR Intersection)
Destination : Tumkur Road after one enters it soon after exit from NICE

Query: NICE Road - Bangalore-20170513-15.16.48.png

You will notice that "Similar ETA" route is via NICE and one highlighted in Blue is what I am suggesting. Both take same time as the ORR from here till Tumkur road is well managed with just one break in the median near Laggere (beware of Speed Interceptors).

Last edited by paragsachania : 13th May 2017 at 15:25.
paragsachania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2017, 08:23   #997
Distinguished - BHPian

Karnataka Government has told NICE to roll back toll hike in 7 days or face legal action
News Source
Quoting from the source above
Quote:
The state government has issued a notice to Nandi Infrastructure Corridor Enterprises (NICE), directing it to withdraw the recent hike in toll on its peripheral and link road within seven days or face legal
action.

The notice issued by the Public Works Department dated July 7 stated that the move by NICE, the promoter of Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor Project, to hike the toll is “illegal” as it is done without obtaining the government’s permission and also at a time when proceedings of a writ petition is pending before the Karnataka High Court.

The department said that the hike should be withdrawn within seven days from the receipt of the notice. “Failure to do so within the stipulated time will constrain us to initiate appropriate action in accordance with law or have recourse to remedies available to us under the Frame Work Agreement,” the notice
stated.

The company recently increased the toll by 14% to 25 % on 41 km of peripheral road and 9.1 km of link road.
Not sure if it will happen or not because even the last time when the toll prices were increased in 2013, the State Government had ordered a roll back but that didn't happen
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2017, 08:21   #998
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Not sure if it will happen or not because even the last time when the toll prices were increased in 2013, the State Government had ordered a roll back but that didn't happen
And this happens . They obviously didn't heed to it:

Quote:
The promoter of the Bangalore-Mysore Infrastructure Corridor (BMIC) project has refused to roll back the recent hike in toll on its peripheral and link roads in Bengaluru.

In a nine-page reply to the notice issued by the state government recently, Nandi Economic Corridor Enterprises Ltd (NECEL) has refuted the government's argument that enhancement of toll prices is against the project's Frame Work Agreement (FWA), including the Toll Concession Agreement (TCA). The right to collect and revise toll is not connected to converting the existing bituminous road into concrete road, the company said.

The Public Works Department (PWD), which is the nodal department for implementing the project, had issued a notice on July 7 to the company, asking it to withdraw the hike in toll within seven days or face legal action. The PWD had termed the toll hike illegal as it was done without obtaining its permission. The company recently increased the toll by 14% to 25% on 41 km of peripheral road and 9.1 km of link road.

The PWD had said that the promoter cannot increase the toll rates when a case pertaining to the default notice is still pending before the Karnataka High Court. The department had last year issued the default notice to the company for not developing concrete roads as per the FWA and asked it to rectify the lapse within 180 days. But the company subsequently obtained a court stay in this regard.

PWD Additional Chief Secretary M Lakshminarayana said the department has decided to seek legal opinion on the reply given by the company. The government will take appropriate action based on the legal opinion, he added.
Source
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote