Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 16:41   #226
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,533
Thanked: 8,464 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post
You may have to go through Bhavani - NH47 road also does. After the temple you cross the river and the road takes a left turn. The boards are big and you cannot miss it. It is to your left only - on the highway itself.

The Saravana Bhavan at Chennai and this one are different. This is a small hotel but coffee tasted good.
Thanks. I was looking for options for food around Bhavani/Tiruppur area. Will give it a try some time.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 15:23   #227
BHPian
 
Hrishiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Kochi- Bangalore

Just did this route.

NH47-Kerala strech:

Being worked upon!
There a lot of "FLYOVERS", if I may call them so, without progress since years, may be. Overall road condition, Good in some places and bad in most.

Tamilnadu strech:

Complete by almost 85-90%. (strech around Salem needs to be complete)

Man! I became so much poorer by paying those tolls!

Karnataka[Electronic City]

Missed the woods for the trees, Sheesh!
I wanted to take the new flyover, too many signs confused me and by the time I realsied I was one signalpost old on the road below!

Started by around 4.15am to reach Bangalore by 11:45am.

PS: Punto Epack
Hrishiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 15:56   #228
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,533
Thanked: 8,464 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
Just did this route.

NH47-Kerala strech:

Being worked upon!
There a lot of "FLYOVERS", if I may call them so, without progress since years, may be. Overall road condition, Good in some places and bad in most.

Tamilnadu strech:

Complete by almost 85-90%. (strech around Salem needs to be complete)

Man! I became so much poorer by paying those tolls!

Karnataka[Electronic City]

Missed the woods for the trees, Sheesh!
I wanted to take the new flyover, too many signs confused me and by the time I realsied I was one signalpost old on the road below!

Started by around 4.15am to reach Bangalore by 11:45am.

PS: Punto Epack
Folks then can one drive without headache from Bangalore to Avinashi?
I was looking for road to Valparai. Which means if I drive hassle free from BLR to Avinashi, then I can turn Tiruupur and go to Pollachi via Palladam.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 20:00   #229
Senior - BHPian
 
coolclouds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Garden City
Posts: 1,790
Thanked: 513 Times
Default

Yes, Bangalore to Avinashi is not a headache now.
coolclouds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 20:20   #230
BHPian
 
Hrishiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 72
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Folks then can one drive without headache from Bangalore to Avinashi?
I was looking for road to Valparai. Which means if I drive hassle free from BLR to Avinashi, then I can turn Tiruupur and go to Pollachi via Palladam.

Sure. Real good roads. Period.

They are coming up with 2 more toll booths!.

When I entered Karnataka, there was one.
"How much is one side?"
"Saar, this is a trial run come next week and you can pay and go!"

Hrishiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2010, 22:04   #231
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,533
Thanked: 8,464 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
Sure. Real good roads. Period.

They are coming up with 2 more toll booths!.

When I entered Karnataka, there was one.
"How much is one side?"
"Saar, this is a trial run come next week and you can pay and go!"

That was a good one ! The one before Hosur is not yet opened. I also do not remember if I noticed any booth between Salem and Perindurai.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 14:59   #232
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Planning to ride to Coimbatore on the first week of june to attend a marriage reception. I prefer a scenic route, how is bangalore-mysore-nanjangud-chamrajnagar-sathyamangala-coimbatore route?
Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 15:45   #233
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,533
Thanked: 8,464 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Planning to ride to Coimbatore on the first week of june to attend a marriage reception. I prefer a scenic route, how is bangalore-mysore-nanjangud-chamrajnagar-sathyamangala-coimbatore route?
The road is good. Night driving may not be safe. 2L highway (Kanakpura road) with pot holes hear and there. Alternative you ca n also do:

Bangalore-Maddur-Mallavalli and then onwards through the NH209.
Till Maddur you can take the advantage of the excellent Mysore road.

Its the normal route taken by folks to go to BR Hills.

Last edited by ampere : 28th May 2010 at 15:46.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 22:37   #234
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Would the Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty - Coimbatore road be more scenic? What is the distance between major towns on this route? Can we leave Bangalore by Saturday morning and attempt to reach Coimbatore by 5PM on bikes?

Also, the marriage we are attending is in Vijay Paradise, Saibaba colony. Any decent hotels around? Non AC would do, need a VFM hotel. There would be a girl accompanying us, so need a decent place.

EDIT : Its ok even if the hotel is not near, need a decent VFM place.

Last edited by Ho0ligaN : 31st May 2010 at 22:38.
Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 22:56   #235
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,533
Thanked: 8,464 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Would the Bangalore - Mysore - Ooty - Coimbatore road be more scenic? What is the distance between major towns on this route? Can we leave Bangalore by Saturday morning and attempt to reach Coimbatore by 5PM on bikes?

Also, the marriage we are attending is in Vijay Paradise, Saibaba colony. Any decent hotels around? Non AC would do, need a VFM hotel. There would be a girl accompanying us, so need a decent place.

EDIT : Its ok even if the hotel is not near, need a decent VFM place.
You need not go all the way to Ooty. As mentioned in another thread, the Kanakpura is decent to drive. Take the same all the way to CBE.

Bangalore - Kollegal - Chamarajnagar - Satyamangalam-Annur - CBE.

Not sure of a VFM hotel, but I hear Heritage Inn and CAG Pride are two good hotels. Maybe more on pocket, but good places. Distances I guess are OK from Sai Baba Colony.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:02   #236
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Na, We want this ot be more of a journey than a visit to a city to attend a marriage. The marriage is just a reason for us to go somewhere, and while we are at it we want to take the most scenic route. thats the whole thing. Even if the Ooty route is a bit longer, we dont mind as long as it promises to be more scenic
Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:15   #237
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 213
Thanked: 160 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Also, the marriage we are attending is in Vijay Paradise, Saibaba colony. Any decent hotels around? Non AC would do, need a VFM hotel. There would be a girl accompanying us, so need a decent place.

EDIT : Its ok even if the hotel is not near, need a decent VFM place.
Vijai Paradise is itself a decent hotel. You can check their website (Hotel Vijai Paradise | Govt Approved | Two Star Business Class Hotel | 2 Star Hotel | Rooms) for rates (around 1K per night for non A/C double occupancy + taxes) with complimentary breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ho0ligaN View Post
Na, We want this ot be more of a journey than a visit to a city to attend a marriage. The marriage is just a reason for us to go somewhere, and while we are at it we want to take the most scenic route. thats the whole thing. Even if the Ooty route is a bit longer, we dont mind as long as it promises to be more scenic
Did you say you are planning to do Bangalore-Coimbatore in bike? In that case, though Ooty route would be a scenic one, it would also be very risky and tiring. Especially, this route is through the forest where you wouldn't find any puncture shop for tens of kms. Instead, you can try the route through Royakottah, Palacode and Mettur dam. This would be scenic as well as safe to cover in bike.

Last edited by Voyager-1 : 31st May 2010 at 23:29.
Voyager-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2010, 23:35   #238
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

yeah, Its going to be 4 heads on two bikes. We have a fair amount of experience touring on bikes. I have done numerous rides before. Bangalore - munnar - kumarkom - Bangalore. Bangalore - goa - bangalore. Bangalore wayanad, multiple times to bandipur etc. So, riding wont be a problem. but this is the first time we will be riding two up, although both the pillions(including the female) will do a good chunk of riding, I am not ruling fatigue out keep the suggestions pouring in. I will call up vijay paradise tomorrow and find out availability of rooms.
Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 10:25   #239
BHPian
 
Ho0ligaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 37
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

What is the exact distance to Coimbatore by the ooty route? also suggest pit stops enroute for breakfast and lunch.
Ho0ligaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2010, 11:22   #240
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 67
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrishiz View Post
Sure. Real good roads. Period.

They are coming up with 2 more toll booths!.

When I entered Karnataka, there was one.
"How much is one side?"
"Saar, this is a trial run come next week and you can pay and go!"

I am not sure whether it was the same guy who spoke to me when I crossed the said toll booth on May 1, 2010 on my way towards Coimbatore from Mumbai.

When he saw that my car had MH Registration, he began to speak to me in Hindi stating "Toll nahi hai, Saar" even though my native language is Tamil, much to the amusement of my family.
INNOWAGON_CL is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai - Coimbatore - Ooty : Route Queries bharanidharang Route / Travel Queries 218 29th September 2017 22:16
Coimbatore to Wayanad : Route Queries kippu Route / Travel Queries 27 9th January 2017 10:32
Chennai to Coimbatore : Route Queries Sideways Route / Travel Queries 117 27th November 2016 15:40
Coimbatore - Tirupati : Route Queries sudheermenon Route / Travel Queries 40 18th February 2016 14:37
Coimbatore - Rameshwaram : Route Queries NPV Route / Travel Queries 35 11th January 2016 16:36


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:38.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks