Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 9th August 2007, 12:46   #1
BHPian

Default Delhi to Renuka

Being on thursday and waiting for friday to come. I thought lets go some wher on weekend. How is Renuka, its small place in Himachal? Does some one any information about it, i mean personal experience. I have collected the information from web site, but still want some inputs from you guys.
Actually I am looking some kind of small fun wher i can start from delhi early morning and come back at Sunday night, so the drive time should not be more than 5-6 hours. any suggestions.
bruty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 12:49   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruty View Post
Being on thursday and waiting for friday to come. I thought lets go some wher on weekend. How is Renuka, its small place in Himachal? Does some one any information about it, i mean personal experience. I have collected the information from web site, but still want some inputs from you guys.
Actually I am looking some kind of small fun wher i can start from delhi early morning and come back at Sunday night, so the drive time should not be more than 5-6 hours. any suggestions.
Well, Renuka is a very very small place consisting of a small Lake and few temples and a govt owned Hotel,so i dont think anybody can spend 2 days there only worth few hrs.

we went to Renuka from delhi,then to Paoonta Sahib and then Dehradun/mussoorie
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 13:58   #3
BHPian

I wouldnt recommend Renuka this weekend. Its quite hot there in the day time (32-35ish) and around 22-23ish at night.
You could instead try going to Rajgarh (max around 27-28, min around 19-20), and it takes around 7 hours to get there via Kalka-Solan-Rajgarh.
BunnyPunia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 14:37   #4
BHPian

Guys, thanks for your suggestions. My first choice was mussoorie but this time Kawari's block the roads so it will take extra 2-3 hrs If I am that lucky. i am still looking for options. Can I avoid Kawaris; while going towards mussoorie.
Old 9th August 2007, 14:42   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, thanks for your suggestions. My first choice was mussoorie but this time Kawari's block the roads so it will take extra 2-3 hrs If I am that lucky. i am still looking for options. Can I avoid Kawaris; while going towards mussoorie.
Bruty,if you going this weekend there will be lot of disturbance due to Kanwarias.so please take the Route of Delhi-Panipat-Karnal-YamunaNagar-Saharanpur-Dehradun-Mussoorie to be least affected by Kanwarias

and leave around 4-5 AM in morning and u will be all set to reach Mussoorie by 11(i guess)

Even i had to postpone my plans to go to Mussoorie,now will be going next weekend.
simply_sunny001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 15:00   #6
BHPian

If u have to take NH1, why mussoorie, why not Chakrata. Its higher than mussoorie, u reach faster too plus its a lot more peaceful there as compared to mussoorie. for chakrata, u need to go via karnal-pipli-paonta-herbetpur-kalsi-chakrata. The temp around the weekend will be a high of 25 and low of 18.
Old 9th August 2007, 15:05   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

I would still recommend Renuka lake, loved it when i was there. Chakrata is nice, has tiger falls as well. (never been there personally)

What's good for Renuka:
- Quiet weekend away. Very peaceful place.
- Open Zoo for the kids (inside us). Even lions. Only time in my life I almost touched one.
- Good trails.
- Beautiful view of lake from a small trek around the place. lovely in the rains.

Bad: Nahan-Renuka roads, Roads from Ambala-Kalamb and thereabouts.

And yes, NEVER mussoorie. Over touristy. If you want MORE cold, go to Narkanda, and try camping at Hatu peak
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 15:45   #8
BHPian

The primary reason of choosing Renuka is I have 3 urs old daughter and she is hyper active, so need some place wher she can spend her energy, I know there is a zoo as phamilyman suggested.
So main aim is just go out from the busy life in delhi in some peaceful place where childernes can also enjoy.

But in short time I have got very useful information from all of you BHPIANS, is the best thing of this forum
Old 9th August 2007, 15:54   #9
Senior - BHPian

bruty you may like to check this, if not done already:

Travel the tourist places around Delhi, Picnic weekend getaways to resorts/hotels around delhi

I also wanna go to Renuka once....when u r back, do let me know what kinda place it was!

I personally like tikkar taal at Morni. (you dont have mobile signals even)
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 16:01   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

I went to Renuka once, but she was not a kawari.

I really didn't know there was a place called Renuka. Thanks for this info.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 9th August 2007 at 16:03.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2007, 16:14   #11
BHPian

Samkapasi, this is the nearest place in Himachal, you can visit from Delhi and is in Kinnnaur dstt. I know this place because I am from Himachal, from Dharamsala and we used to read in our school days about this place. It s has history behind it.
The famous Rishi Parshuram has wife named Renuka and this place is anmed after her.
Old 9th August 2007, 17:28   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Samkapasi, this is the nearest place in Himachal, you can visit from Delhi and is in Kinnnaur dstt. I know this place because I am from Himachal, from Dharamsala and we used to read in our school days about this place. It s has history behind it.
The famous Rishi Parshuram has wife named Renuka and this place is anmed after her.
Its a shame that you are from Himachal and still you got the facts wrong.
Kinnaur district is hours away from Shimla (235kms/5-6hours), let alone from Delhi.

Renuka is in Sirmaur district.
Old 9th August 2007, 18:32   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

oh and yes, he beauty of the simple trail, is that once you go up, you can see the shape - like a sleeping woman.

Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

its beautiful. Add in the fact, that the lake is pious, could possibly be raining and we had a fun time seeing fishes (it is FULLLL of them), and even grabbed a couple of foot wide turtle(?) out there. Just drop dough and they come to feed. Good weekend getaway.
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2007, 09:33   #14
BHPian

sorry, i missed the name as BunnyPunis pointed out its not the Kinnaur but Sirmaur distt.
Old 15th September 2007, 16:48   #15
Senior - BHPian

Bruty, am planning to go to Renuka shortly, can you please let me know how was your trip and where did you stay?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote