| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|13th August 2007, 11:46||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 221 Times
Planning Hyderabad-Goa: Suggestions required
I am planning for a Hyderabad-Goa-Hyderabad tour in September first week. Seeking suggestions regarding the same as though I have been to Goa quite a few times, but this is the first time I have stepped in the shoes of a Tour organizer for my colleagues and want to make it near perfect, economical, convenient, and the best plan ever for the sake of peace of mind !
Please kindly assist me in,
1) Earlier I was game for taking my own red cutie as we are 4 people (2 drivers) but 1 will join us straight from Pune in Goa so..considering the amount of fatigue and stress facing the cops, toll etc and if we avoid night driving then the amount of leaves too ! We are planning for Fri evening start from Hyderabad, Sat, Sun, Mon in Goa, and Tuesday morning back to pavilion. Can I still make it in my car while avoiding night driving and managing in 3 days?
2) If I go by Paulo travels, any good/bad feedback? they cost around 1000 bucks (volvo) one way. Start at 6 from here in the evening and reach to Panajim at 9 or 10 am in the morning.
3) When we say Goa, where should we approach for, Panaji or Vasco or Madgaon ? Our motto is 'beaches' and 'boozes' ! with some love spared for museums and beautiful churches too. Where should we check in ? Any recommendations for good quality economical hotels? We will just require them for a decent night sleep though.
4) Any decent pubs where the "halla gulla" is very less, with a mild music and good food and wine ? Also, it should allow bachelors :-( (only guys I mean)
5) Any other suggestions, guidance regarding places 'must watch' and idea about the cabby rate or bike rate if we hire them for sight seeing ?
6) Just as I am writing this, my cousin's college bus is currently 'hijacked' in Goa for a 'No Entry' by Police and some aaltoo faaltoo lawyer has filed a case against it for a 'No Entry' entry ..I am a bit skeptical about Goa police too and taking my car there.
Please guide as there are much more experienced people here and I want to make it really memorable and dont want to leave any stone unturned as it will be my last tour as a bachelor !
Thanks and Regards
Last edited by sforsarang : 13th August 2007 at 11:56.
|13th August 2007, 13:04||#2|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2006
Thanked: 53 Times
First of all you If you want to avoid night driving than bus is the way to go. If you want to drive down than you'll have to plan out where to stay over night than drive from Hydrabad to solapur from there to bijapu[karnataka] from there belgaum and from there goa. you will have to see the distance you can travel [drive]and plan where to stay over night. cause hyd tosolapur is 300km you can stay there, solapur to bijapur is 101 km [can leav early morning ], from bijapur , belgaum is 150, from belgaum goa is 150km. so you will have to see if it's cool with you guys.
By Paulo it'll be convenient, as you will not have to drive....thats it. service is OK. rather take a bus from hyd to belgaum [over nit journey] and from there you'll get 'Kandamba' [goa state transport] buses, to goa [journey time 5 hrs and ticket will cost you 90- 150 depending on the bus ac/non ac].
Stay at panjim as it's continent to travel to most of the beaches[ north and south], good pubs in the city, a lot of hotels. Old goa is 12 km from panjim, calagute, baga,miramar,dona poula, etc are close to panjim.
Cabbies...you will have to bargain a lot, but are good [most off them], bikes are cheaper than cabs..no idea bout the rates.
there are a lot of places where commercial vehicle have no entry some time of the day so the bus HIjack.
if getting the car ...seat belts are compulsory,pollution certificate, insurance, rear view mirrors,and do not carry any alcohol in the car when at the borders...AP registration you know what I mean.
can carry on permit though...
Do not miss eating at 'Marteens corner'... margao good food...
And ENJOY YOUR SELF.........cheers.
|13th August 2007, 14:23||#3|
Join Date: Jan 2006
Thanked: 4 Times
For a real cheap stay try at caritas or hotel miramar(in Panjim). Once booked some friends at caritas for 250bucks a room. Decent accomodation.
BTW Brittos has reopened for the season as well.
|13th August 2007, 16:55||#4|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Thanked: 2,080 Times
sforsarang, if you wish search for my travelogue on hyderabad-goa by car. see if it suits you.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Route suggestions and Road Conditions - Hyderabad to Goa.||KrisSree||Route / Travel Queries||37||23rd June 2016 12:17|
|A road trip from Chattisgarh to Vibrant Goa (Bhilai-Pune-Goa-Hyderabad-Bhilai)||Sommos||Travelogues||21||27th October 2014 15:14|
|Hyderabad -Belgaom-Goa and Goa -Hubli-Rayachur Road Trip||dsreddy||Travelogues||32||29th July 2013 16:55|
|Hyderabad-Goa-Hyderabad 9/12/09-13/12/09 Suzuki Swift vxi 2006||unoczar||Travelogues||6||25th December 2009 22:50|
|Hyderabad-Goa Drive : Calling all Hyderabad TBHPian's||mobike008||The Team-BHP Meet Section||86||2nd July 2009 15:13|