Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th March 2008, 21:43   #301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Can one bring something that was looked at home for dinner or at least a nightcap?
Most certainly not lol.
TheOne® is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 21:46   #302
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Note from Yeti® to Moderators and D-BHPians: You are strongly advised to not get me into trouble. There are ladies present. Especially one that can kick my backside. Hard.
Ahh....ze fun begins. Welcome once again, TheOne that got TheYeti's tongue.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2008, 22:15   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh but AI has a direct flight from Frankfurt (a 30 minutes drive from her home) to Mumbai.
The only 2 Airlines that fly direct Frankfurt-Bombay are Lufthansa and Air India. She got a pretty decent deal on the AI round trip. And it's a non-stop flight that reaches at a very decent 11.30pm and the return flight also takes off at a very decent 8 am. As opposed to Lufthansa's unearthly 3 am.

Also a lot easier than flying to Brussels, possibly waiting, changing aircraft and then flying to Bombay at some funny hour.
Just a suggestion. I did a search on Amadeus for a random date and here's what I get:

Frankfurt to Brussels

Departure: 08:15 Frankfurt, Germany - Frankfurt International, terminal 1
Arrival: 09:20 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels National
Airline: Brussels Airlines SN2608 e
Aircraft: Avro RJ100 Avroliner

Brussels to Mumbai (Bombay)

Departure: 11:10 Brussels, Belgium - Brussels National
Arrival: 00:20 +1 day(s) Mumbai (Bombay), India - Chhatrapati Shivaji, terminal 2
Airline: Jet Airways 9W227 e
Aircraft: Boeing 777-300ER

Last edited by Rehaan : 14th March 2008 at 02:55. Reason: On request
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 00:58   #304
BHPian

Air india and Lufthansa have a code share agreement ....

my booking was on Air India but the aircraft was lufthansa ..... to frankfurt from mumbai ......came back on Emerites i think ...

best way to find out is to find out the tail no. of the aircraft flying that sector

Last edited by Mad Monkey : 14th March 2008 at 01:00.
Mad Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 01:22   #305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
Air india and Lufthansa have a code share agreement ....

my booking was on Air India but the aircraft was lufthansa ..... to frankfurt from mumbai ......came back on Emerites i think ...

best way to find out is to find out the tail no. of the aircraft flying that sector
All Air India Code Share flights have 4 numbers. And Air India flights have 3 numbers.

So AI393 will be an Air India operated flight and AI3421 will be a code sharing flight.
Sam Kapasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 01:25   #306
BHPian

Quote:
All Air India Code Share flights have 4 numbers. And Air India flights have 3 numbers.

So AI393 will be an Air India operated flight and AI3421 will be a code sharing flight.
Ah, I didn't know that. That is some useful information. I will keep that in mind for next time. Thanks!
Old 14th March 2008, 14:07   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Monkey View Post
came back on Emerites i think ...
Dude, that can be damn dangerous if left untreated. Show a doctor asap, in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne®
And trust me there are a LOT of remarks from your side about hot chicks and girls in general haha. So no reason to get nervous NOW. You should have thought about that before encouraging me to become a member lol.
Yipppeee! Sam, thank your stars she hasnt stumbled upon all the comments for the hot men (or hot monks, was it?).

P.S. Sam, you may kick my backside (that you so adore) during the next meet for being a wise guy and not sticking to being just a handsome guy.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 15:22   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
Yipppeee! Sam, thank your stars she hasnt stumbled upon all the comments for the hot men (or hot monks, was it?).

P.S. Sam, you may kick my backside (that you so adore) during the next meet for being a wise guy and not sticking to being just a handsome guy.
I don't quite understand this remark?! Obviously there is some background to it that I am not aware of lol.

Just one statement for the record: even if there were some remarks about hot men: no interest at all, lol. Because I think I have the hottest of all. Sorry guys, no offense!
Old 14th March 2008, 16:20   #309
BHPian

Sorry to interrupt the fun & games but I need some serious help. I am planning to holiday for a week in Thailand, next month, along with wife & kids & find that the hotel rates on asiarooms.com are a good deal (almost 36%) cheaper than what my Indian travel agent is quoting. The website is also offering a much bigger choice of hotels.
Has any forum member used this site for hotel booking? Are there any issues with credit card payments in USD?
Any advice will be sincerely appreciated.
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 16:34   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
I don't quite understand this remark?! Obviously there is some background to it that I am not aware of lol.
That's because there is no background. I was just trying to Scam Kapasi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nura
Sorry to interrupt the fun & games but I need some serious help. I am planning to holiday for a week in Thailand, next month, along with wife & .
Has any forum member used this site for hotel booking? Are there any issues with credit card payments in USD?
Any advice will be sincerely appreciated.
nura, I have heard that hotel accomodation is often booked by agents in advance in the form of coupons or something. They get "X" number of bookings for a flat rate over a period of time and then in turn take bookings from customers. Thus, they are sometimes able to offer better rates than the hotels themselves. I have faced this in BK where I got a cheaper deal from an agent right outside the hotel than at their desk. I am not sure about this online scene, but hotels arent hard to find in BK and you can easily take this chance especially off-season. And remember to inquire with travel/ hotel agents before finalizing at hotel's tarriff.
Bass&Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 16:49   #311
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass&Trouble View Post
That's because there is no background
What you mean there is NO background? Just wait till I ask LBM to google up the relevant details. It'll serve you both right for the Bhagwan nonsense. Navin Strikes Back.
navin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2008, 18:52   #312
BHPian

Hi Nura,

You can try the following websites:

Asia Travel Hotels Resorts Air Ticketing Tours Packages Reservation

Last Minute Hotels by Latestays

Last Minute Hotel Deals - Rates To Go

These guys offer rates that are quite often better than asiarooms.

All the best!!
ecclipse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 15:58   #313
BHPian

Thanks Bass&Trouble & ecclipse78 for your advice. Are there any special issues with dollar transactions on an Indian credit card?
nura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 16:36   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOne® View Post
You should have thought about that before encouraging me to become a member lol.
Sam - if the above statement is true then you should not complain about what I have quoted below , specially the last line.

Quote:
Note from Yeti® to Moderators and D-BHPians: You are strongly advised to not get me into trouble. There are ladies present. Especially one that can kick my backside. Hard.
And @ nura - regarding your Thailand trip - I advise you to get in touch with the Yeti - he is the Thailand expert around here (I hope TheOne isn't looking). If you search - you will stumble upon a nice thread about Thailand.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 15th March 2008 at 16:37.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2008, 17:08   #315
Team-BHP Support

Yes, he literally knows the ins and outs of that place
ajmat is offline   Reply With Quote