Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 8th June 2010, 14:17   #721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
May be slightly OT here but still need to post

Yesterday was looking at bus tickets to Bombay and was surprised to see Bus tickets in Neeta varying between 1600 -2000. IIRC the 2nd AC fare is about 1200. This is complete fleecing by Neeta Travel trying to make a quick buck in this holiday season. We should have regulatory frame work to check unreasonable hike in bus tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Rs.2000 for a Volvo ticket to Mumbai?. Dont look at rates online dude.

Haul yourself personally to Lakdi-ka Pul and get it booked personally for a reasonable rate.
IMO, that post should be in a separate thread named 'Bus tickets at Airline rates'
I travelled to Mumbai by the AP Tourism bus (tickets at Yatri Nivas, Sec'bad) for around Rs 700 a couple of years ago. Have they risen that drastically?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:22   #722
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
IMO, that post should be in a separate thread named 'Bus tickets at Airline rates'
I travelled to Mumbai by the AP Tourism bus (tickets at Yatri Nivas, Sec'bad) for around Rs 700 a couple of years ago. Have they risen that drastically?
Last year, i did Pune-Hyderabad in Volvo at Rs.700
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2010, 14:50   #723
Senior - BHPian

Default New Terminal 1C @ Mumbai Domestic Airport

The new terminal 1C @ Mumbai is pretty impressive.It is an interconnecting terminal between the existing 1B & 1A terminals.As of now only passengers flying Jet & Kingfisher can use this swanky terminal(probably due to the high cost of Aerobridge rentals the LCCs are avoiding this terminal).There is a nice food court as well.

Access to 1C is restricted from 1B.Only passengers boarding from 1C are allowed from 1B,however passengers who check in at 1A(Indian & Kingfisher)have unrestricted access into 1C after the security check.The terminal has an unrestricted view of the runway,quite on the model of the Hyderabad airport.
ranjitp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 11:42   #724
BHPian

I travelled by Volvo bus from Mumbai to Madurai in the second week of this month.

I travelled by KSRTC Volvo from Mumbai to Bangalore at Rs1200. on my return journey by Sharma Travels at Rs1300. Booked just a day before both journeys.

Travel on the whole was comfortable. I discontinued travelling by Neeta after having a bad experience from Mumbai to Shirdi and staying at their hotel in shirdi.
gururaj r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2010, 12:07   #725
BANNED

sorry but usually thats the case with neeta volvo's everywhere, my trips to ahmedabad-pune and return were first on neeta's, but they started shooting from 700 to 1400 on routine basis.Dont know why dont they realise they loosing their business with this attitude.
vijaythacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 09:58   #726
Distinguished - BHPian

Wanted to share an experience--
had gone to Bombay from Calcutta in May, in my return flight due to exchange of seats, i forgot my wallet in the seat, only to discover it when i reached my sister's place to pay for the cab.
Gave a call to all three banks to cancel my debit/credit cards and finally got in touch with Indigo.
The flight had left for Guwahati by then, i was assured that i shall be given a call back once they find my wallet.
Got a call at somewhere around ~8pm confirming that they found my wallet and wanted to know that from which airport would i recover my wallet.
I said--Siliguri
'Sorry Sir, we do not fly to Siliguri'
so i asked them to keep the purse with them in Calcutta itself.
Sent over my B-I-L's peon with my boarding pass and a letter.
They called over,asked/confirmed the contents and handed over the wallet.

There was some confusion(the peon had called up saying that they are nagging and stuff), but my call put them at ease and the wallet was handed over shortly.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th July 2010 at 10:00.
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 15:07   #727
Team-BHP Support

Always do a Web Checkin and go to the seat selection.

I was in a for a pleasant surprise during a Jet Connect flight from Chennai to Hyderabad. The flight image that is shown had the first 8 rows in 4 seat config and the remaining rows in 6 seats.
SO ofcourse I chose the 4 seat config. Turned out the aircraft was with biz seats now used for economy passengers. Very comfortable.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 15:41   #728
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

I was in a for a pleasant surprise during a Jet Connect flight from Chennai to Hyderabad. The flight image that is shown had the first 8 rows in 4 seat config and the remaining rows in 6 seats.
SO ofcourse I chose the 4 seat config. Turned out the aircraft was with biz seats now used for economy passengers. Very comfortable.
My dad had the same experience yesterday. I web checked-in for him on the same hunch and the hunch was right.
Proxima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 22:52   #729
Senior - BHPian

I'm planning to go to Andaman's and while checking for flight timings came across 1+1 offer on MMT MakeMyTrip.com

Has anybody utilised thsi offer? I was thinking on booking the onward for me and wifey and utilise the discounted fair for the return Will it allow as the T&C are kind of vague.
MileCruncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2010, 16:14   #730
Senior - BHPian

Default Hyderabad Airport

Hyderabad airport,the Meru cab waiting area has been shifted from the arrival porch to the level below,to the parking next to the food court on the basement level.not sure what is the reason/logic behind this.the only thing this would serve is that meru would end up losing business as most of the passengers would be poached up by the pre-paid taxi guys who stand on the pavement holding their placards.
Old 12th July 2010, 16:54   #731
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post

For Kingfisher Red flights,always choose rows 1 to 5 from the front end,and 8 out of 10 times,you are assured to get the business row seats,as Red is flying Kingfisher aircrafts on the Hyd sector
Old 12th July 2010, 17:31   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileCruncher View Post
I'm planning to go to Andaman's and while checking for flight timings came across 1+1 offer on MMT MakeMyTrip.com

Has anybody utilised thsi offer? I was thinking on booking the onward for me and wifey and utilise the discounted fair for the return Will it allow as the T&C are kind of vague.
1+1 offers is only on bare fare and taxes are not included in it. Base fare normally would be Rs. 300 to Rs. 600 Only.

You can rather suggest to go for Credit Card offers / cash back if you have anything on your bank cards.
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 12:22   #733
Senior - BHPian

Default Kingfisher Offer for King Club members

KF is offering 1 travel free for every 3 travels booked on their flights(3 one way tickets and the 4th one is free) till Sep 30th.
Old 14th September 2010, 09:11   #734
BHPian

I had a bad experience with yatra.com. I booked a ticket for a friend of mine for travel from Mum to HYd and back. The two journeys were confirmed when I booked the same.

When he went to the counter with the PIN for eticket, he was told that the money has not been trfd from Yatra and hence no reservation is available.

I complained at their website and after two or three followup email they just wrote a typical 'due to technical issues we are sorry that the ticket could not be booked'. The money is being refunded.

I just wanted to know whether these travel portals can just walk away like this and they do not have any responsibility and how safe it would be to make our travel plans believing their confirmation?
gururaj r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2010, 15:40   #735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gururaj r View Post

I just wanted to know whether these travel portals can just walk away like this and they do not have any responsibility and how safe it would be to make our travel plans believing their confirmation?
I also want to know what options does one have in such a case.

I had booked a flight ticket ,sometime in September, for my sister's travel from Lucknow to Bhubaneswar on 15th Dec with a change of flight at Delhi.
This is a Kingfisher flight & the booking was done through Travelocity.

Today ,when I checked I found that Kingfisher has stopped operating the Delhi to Bhubaneswar flight but neither Travelocity nor Kingfisher have bothered to inform me about this till date.

Isn't there some kind of penalty on these airlines if they go around canceling flights whenever they want to since this is not the first time Kingfisher has done this.I have experienced this a few months back too when they informed just 2 days before about the cancellation.

PS : There was a separate thread about these random cancellations of flight by Kingfisher by another member but I don't know why it is not showing up in the search.
rishab.k is offline   Reply With Quote