Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th April 2017, 11:35   #1006
BHPian

Default Re: A YetiGuide® to Airlines, Airports and Domestic Air Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prafful_Rathod View Post
Had received an sms day before from AI that as it is a silent airport no announcement will be made so please ensure to check your boarding gate.

But at the Boarding Gate, One of the crew members was making announcement for boarding passengers. She was literally shouting on top of her voice for all the late coming passengers, yet to board.
If you would have noticed its only the AI staff that shout in that way, the other airlines do make verbal announcements at the gate, but don't shout the way AI staff do.

On the other hand if there is a gate change there's no staff that will be shouting about it, and therefore the airline sends you that sms to remind you to keep checking your gate.
slicvic is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2017, 21:06   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Would there be any issues at POE? B2 seems to be for tourist purpose.
Can she leverage that part of the visa for personal travel?
She can definitely land in US but must explain the purpose of visit at POE and should be able to satisfy the officer.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2017, 11:13   #1008
BHPian

This is my first post on this thread.Being an aviation enthusiast I like to make trip report videos of my flight travels.Attaching two videos of my recent journey on CCU-MAA-CCU sector.

Kolkata-Chennai

Chennai-Kolkata
IndiaSierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 13:15   #1009
BHPian

Travelled with Jet Airways after a long time.

18th May: BLR-PNQ - The food tray, as usual contained the packet with sugar, milk powder etc to make tea/coffee. But nothing was served and I heard the air hostess say, "we have stopped it but caterer still sends items the food with the stuff”. The sugar and milk packets of all passengers went into trash.

20th May: PNQ-BLR - On the return flight, tea/coffee was offered but the service was so poor that it never reached the rows at the back. When the lady next to me questioned, the air hostess was not even apologetic and asks back if she can serve tea after landing in BLR. How lame!!!

Overall, the cabin crew seemed least interested in their job and didn’t even make all the people straighten their seat-backs for landing. So much for calling themselves India's No.1 airlines...probably they counted from the last.
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2017, 13:39   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Travelled with Jet Airways after a long time. [...] Overall, the cabin crew seemed least interested in their job
I stopped the day their non-veg food contained only uncooked cauliflowers. Nowadays I fly Vistara when I'm flying full service. A far superior experience.
binand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 14:34   #1011
BHPian

The importance of pre and post-flight sleep management cannot be stressed enough. Here is an example of what can happen if you don't plan your sleep properly. Quoting from a piece published in today's TOI:

Quote:
A man who fell asleep in the bus while being shuttled to the aircraft at Mumbai's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport was left behind by his flight this week, triggering concern over how an airline could operate a flight without confirming that everyone who left the departure terminal had boarded the flight. The man spent around six hours asleep in the bus, which was subsequently locked and parked in the maintenance area, before he was discovered.

The passenger was scheduled to fly IndiGo's flight 6E 799 to Bengaluru.According to sources, the flyer boarded the bus from CSIA at 6.30pm. He possibly sat on the last row of seats in the shuttle and then went to sleep.

dailydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th June 2017, 15:59   #1012
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
The importance of pre and post-flight sleep management cannot be stressed enough. Here is an example of what can happen if you don't plan your sleep properly...

In Mumbai anything can happen. Between 7 and 9 PM Indigo operates one flight every 5-10 minutes and it is utter chaos at their ground operations areas. I once by mistake boarded the bus for the Mumbai-Jaipur flight instead of my Mumbai-Bangalore one. Thankfully they noticed at the flight boarding ramp; and I got a ride in a gypsy meant for their ground crew to the right plane (which was parked not too far off).
binand is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote