Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 1st November 2016, 20:28   #241
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Dharmastala/Kukke/Sringeri/Horanadu : Route Queries

Went to Kollur on 29th. Drove via Magadi-Hasan-Chikmagalur-Sringeri-Agumbe-Jadkal. I stayed at Jadkal Estate which is around 10kms before Kollur. The route was good except some patches between Belur and Chikmagalur were bad.

Started at 6:30am, stopped for breakfast at Adigas Grand after Kunigal. Stopped at Sringeri for an hour and half for Darshan and lunch. Reached Jadkal around 5:30pm.

Came back via Kollur-Nagara-Shimoga-Arsikere-Chennarayapatna-Magadi today. The highway from Shimoga onwards is not in great shape. Bad patches, too many speed breakers and slow moving traffic. Decided not to go to Tumkur but head to Chennarayapatna. That drive was superb though it rained cats and dogs. The traffic on Hassan - Nelamangala stretch was high with everyone coming back from holidays. So decided to go via Magadi. Started at 8:40am from Jadkal. Had three breaks in between. Reached home around 7:00pm.
SureshS is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 16:43   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Alternately, you can do Bangalore-Sringeri, stay overnight there and head to Horandu next day, visit the temple and head back to Bangalore after lunch.

Check this post (Road trip to Horanadu and Sringeri) for a Bangalore-Sringeri day trip update.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Well, he can still do Kalasa - Kuduremukha - SK Border - Bajagoli - Naravi - Guruvayanakere - Ujire - Dharmasthala.

Equally scenic and perhaps more straight roads through this scenery for some lovely photogenic locations with almost minimal traffic from Kalasa till SK Border.

And for the overall itinerary, even keeping the scenery in mind, Bangalore - Chikmagalur - Aldur - Jayapura - Sringeri - Kuduremukha - Kalasa - Horanadu - Kalasa - Kottigehara -Charmadi - Ujire - Dharmasthala - Gundya - Sakleshpur - Hassan - Bangalore .

That way, you get to do both the scenic routes between Sringeri - Kuduremukha and as well the Charmadi Ghats.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is what he meant

Route Link

- Go till Chikkamagulur.
- Ask for Aldur road or directions to Serai (Its on Aldur road)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
I want to do a Bangalore - Sringeri - Horanadu - Dharmasthala trip on a weekend in July.
This trip did not materialize. Now I am planning to visit the following places from Jan 26 th to Jan 29th.

Jan 26th - Whitefield - Sringeri (have lunch at temple) - Kollur. Arrive Kollur in the evening.

Stay - Beena Residency or Mookambika Palace

Jan 27th - Visit Kodachadri. Any suggestions?

Jan 28th - Kollur - Udupi - Horanadu - Dharmasthala. Stay in Dharmathala

Stay - Netravathi- https://www.shridharmasthala.org/por.../netravathi-2/
Jan 29th - Dharmasthala to Bangalore

From your previous inputs, here is the map that I prepared.

https://goo.gl/maps/B4cfUBsXCHK2

Please let me know your suggestions. Is there any dress code to be followed in these temples. Are there any more places to be covered. As always, I would like a scenic drive even though it is slightly longer.

Thanks in advance.
pramodpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2017, 17:38   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Jan 27th - Visit Kodachadri. Any suggestions?
pramod - you can also drive down to Sigandur from Kollur. I had asked a few locals how the roads are when I was there last week and they said its pretty decent but I would take that with a pinch of salt. Having said that, it would be a super drive through some twisty roads. If you are driving a high GC car, you could try https://goo.gl/maps/JdgP3nkUEr32

Else you can visit ottinene beach or even kodi bendre beach if you are in the mood for some sun & sand or even visit this super private beach which abirnale discovered near murudeshwara https://goo.gl/maps/5SRZKbUJVXT2. Check this post (Ownership Tales - The Orange Cheetah! 2015 Mahindra XUV500 W10 FWD)
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote