Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2007, 14:12   #16
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,851
Thanked: 633 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (10)
Default

i dont know how true this is.. but came to know that from october , the shiradi ghat section will be closed for traffic(i dont know for how long) this is the infamous stretch which is everyones nightmare(sakleshpur mangalore route)

i think the blame should go for those overloaded mining trucks which are causing this road damage.

hoping to see the railroad functional for commuters very soon..
rajshenoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 14:18   #17
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

GOing to mangalore via madikeri is longer and also roads are not that great after Madikeri...as all know shiradi is in a bad shape but managable.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 16:04   #18
Senior - BHPian
 
sushrutha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chikmagalur/Ban
Posts: 1,702
Thanked: 324 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
i dont know how true this is.. but came to know that from october , the shiradi ghat section will be closed for traffic(i dont know for how long) this is the infamous stretch which is everyones nightmare(sakleshpur mangalore route)

i think the blame should go for those overloaded mining trucks which are causing this road damage.

hoping to see the railroad functional for commuters very soon..
That's news dude...
I don't think the'll close it. Probably they may just renovate the route.
sushrutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 16:19   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
That's news dude...
I don't think the'll close it. Probably they may just renovate the route.
I think they will have to close the route to fix it properly. With the presnt traffic condition definately it wont be possible.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 18:29   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
I think they will have to close the route to fix it properly. With the presnt traffic condition definately it wont be possible.
Ya if they close that route they have make the Madikeri - Mangalore route motorable...NH48 is the major industrial route & connectivity with the capital bangalore, you cannot just shut it down...
If Madikeri - mangalore is done up fast, then it can be possible to shut it down and make it a dream highway...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2007, 22:12   #21
BHPian
 
chandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: sakleshpur
Posts: 250
Thanked: 44 Times
Default

Whoever said work on shiradi has started,take back your words as it was only a temporary fix with sand & stone powder during the time when rain gods took a break..It was a pretty decent drive to Puttur(85km in1hr 45 mins)on the morning of 6th,but it rained thro the day & the fix was gone .Returned the same evening(85km in 3hrs)
chandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2007, 12:29   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan View Post
Whoever said work on shiradi has started,take back your words as it was only a temporary fix with sand & stone powder during the time when rain gods took a break..It was a pretty decent drive to Puttur(85km in1hr 45 mins)on the morning of 6th,but it rained thro the day & the fix was gone .Returned the same evening(85km in 3hrs)
Thats a bad news:( was thinking of driving down to mangalore sometime soon.
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 00:45   #23
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Blore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

I was googling to find info on road conditions b/w BLR - MLR
Am travelling on Saturday by Car. I guess that Shiradi Ghat is closed and the available options are Charmadi Ghat OR Agumbe/Balebare Via shimoga
OR Through Madikeri.
Which road shall i choose?
If any member travelled recently or has heard from his/her friends about the experiecnes please let me know.
reachmallya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2007, 07:23   #24
Senior - BHPian
 
akroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Posts: 2,414
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reachmallya View Post
I was googling to find info on road conditions b/w BLR - MLR
Am travelling on Saturday by Car. I guess that Shiradi Ghat is closed and the available options are Charmadi Ghat OR Agumbe/Balebare Via shimoga
OR Through Madikeri.
Which road shall i choose?
If any member travelled recently or has heard from his/her friends about the experiecnes please let me know.
Go via Charmadi Ghat and come to NH48 at Bantwal...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2007, 13:02   #25
BHPian
 
Fillmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 137 Times
Default

Hi reachmallya,
Do let us know which route you finally took and what were the conditions ?

Fillmore
Fillmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 11:18   #26
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Latest update, Shiradi, Charmadi and Bisle in bad shape. Only option is to take Madikeri road but its not in a great shape either!
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 11:19   #27
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Latest update, Shiradi, Charmadi and Bisle in bad shape. Only option is to take Madikeri road but its not in a great shape either!
Is NH48 at Shiradi Ghat open?
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 11:43   #28
Senior - BHPian
 
lohithrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Kudla/Mangaluru
Posts: 3,125
Thanked: 163 Times
Default

Yes SHiradi is open for the samll vehicles, but since the state of the road is so bad. you hardly find any vehicles
lohithrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 13:08   #29
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 120
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Last week I did the trip to Karkala ,this route is bit far but road is good.
Hasan=>Belur=>Chikmagaloor=>Bale=>Vastara=>Aldur=> Balehonnor=>Jayapur=>Sringeri=>
Kerekatte=>Karkala.

We wanted to go to Sringeri so took this road .
balechaparka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2007, 14:38   #30
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: India
Posts: 4,346
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Did Bangalore - Srirangapatna - Madikeri - Mangalore last weekend. From Bangalore to Kushalnagar is good. After that, it is very bad till Mangalore.
Shiradi ghat section is closed temporarily and they do allow small vehicles once a while. There're huge traffic blocks on Charmadi route. This leaves Madikeri route the only viable option. Huh! They don't have any passenger trains running in between Bangalore and Mangalore.
speedzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pune-Madikeri-Hassan/CKM-Mumbai ranjitp1 Route / Travel Queries 45 28th March 2015 21:49
Trip to Hornadu via Hassan & Sringeri skandyhere Route / Travel Queries 2 24th October 2013 23:50
Rush Hours!! Blore > Mlore > Munnar > Blore motomaverick Travelogues 8 11th February 2010 22:09
Hassan - Madikeri good route ? StarVegabond Route / Travel Queries 2 20th December 2009 08:28
Hassan to Dharmastala to Subramanya- road coditions pls ayaskanti Route / Travel Queries 2 30th August 2007 23:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 22:46.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks