Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 30th November 2009, 17:51   #151
BHPian

I think Dhanasekaran mentioned somewhere, we need not take any diversion to Piduguralla, I am trying to search that and also the map in mapmyindia. Will keep updated. I am leaving on Wed early hours towards hyd.

The guys in news channels are probably making too much noise, bandh in hyd is not even implemented and all offices are working.
srikanthpotluri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 18:19   #152
BHPian

OK went through the mapmyindia site - detailed one here -

Chennai-Chilakaluripet-Narsaraopet-Karempudi-Macherla-Sagar Rd-Ibrahimpatnam.

please let me know if this is fine? any updates are helpful.
Old 30th November 2009, 22:41   #153
BHPian

Hyderabad to Sagar is good even upto Macherla it is fine.From Macherla Karempudi it is single road and through lot of villages advisible to travel only in day time and you reach somewhere about 16kms after Piduguralla.Last time I did this route towards Addanki I felt I could not save much time.I thought even through Narketpalli Piduguralla Addanki was better.This was about 6months back I do not know the road conditions now.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 10:48   #154
BHPian

I took Route via Pidugurala.
Would not advise night driving on this route. No signboards and some unexpected pot holes in the road.

Dadi
Dadi Bhote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 10:57   #155
BHPian

Did this route a couple of weeks back: Ibramhimpatnam -Nagarjuna sagar - Macherla, Pidugurlla, Narsaraopet, Chilakaluripet , Ongole -Chennai.

Road is no so good but quite fast . No major road upheaveals.

Food breaks : enroute are some old Reliance A1's renamed which are good but only a couple. At 280Km from Chennai near Ongole are some local ladies from the village making Lovely Dosas., Idly;s etc Egg Dosa Too!! Certainly worth looking out for.

Dadi
Dadi Bhote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2009, 11:37   #156
BHPian

thank you!

Intend to take the Ongole-Piduguralla-Narkatpalli-Miryalaguda-Hyd for tomorrow's drive. If this is bad, will need to change while returning.
Old 1st December 2009, 12:57   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthpotluri View Post
thank you!

Intend to take the Ongole-Piduguralla-Narkatpalli-Miryalaguda-Hyd for tomorrow's drive. If this is bad, will need to change while returning.
A small correction----Narketpalli comes after Miryalguda in your post above.

All the best and please do update us. For all that we know the stretch from Addanki to Piduguralla was always full of rim-breakers, so drive slow on that stretch.
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 10:37   #158
BHPian

Hi All,

just came back from hyderabad.

While going from Chennai to Hyderabad - tool the Ongole-Addanki-Piduguralla-Miryalguda-Narketpalli-Hyd Route. This one is really bad.

I will not suggest the above in any conditions, we went from chennai to Ongole in 3.5 hours and from there to cover the next 350 kms, it took 6.5 hours & we didnt enjoy any moment.

While returning - we came through - Hyd-Sagar Road-Ibrahimpatnam-N.Sagar-Macherla-Left to karempudi-Nakirikallu-Narsaraopet-chilakuluripet-Chennai - This one is superb, except for 3-4 kms of slow drive at narsaraopet.

Since we both couldnt sleep the whole night, our driving time was 10 hours and we took rest of 2 hours total - 12 hours.
Old 7th December 2009, 10:40   #159
BHPian

just came back from hyderabad.

While going from Chennai to Hyderabad - tool the Ongole-Addanki-Piduguralla-Miryalguda-Narketpalli-Hyd Route. This one is really bad.

I will not suggest the above in any conditions, we went from chennai to Ongole in 3.5 hours and from there to cover the next 350 kms, it took 6.5 hours & we didnt enjoy any moment.

While returning - we came through - Hyd-Sagar Road-Ibrahimpatnam-N.Sagar-Macherla-Left to karempudi-Nakirikallu-Narsaraopet-chilakuluripet-Chennai - This one is superb, except for 3-4 kms of slow drive at narsaraopet.

Since we both couldn't sleep the whole night, our driving time was 10 hours and we took rest of 2 hours total - 12 hours.
Old 7th December 2009, 15:04   #160
SDK
BHPian

Came back yesterday evening from my Hyd-Chennai-Pondi trip.

Took the Hyd-Sagar-Macherla-Karempudi-Addanki-Chennai route both while going and on the return.

Started from Hyd at 04:00 and was in Chennai at 12:30.
Driving time: 07:45.
Distance : 656 kms.

On return started at 11:30 from Chennai and was at home at 21:00.

Hyd-Sagar-Macherla-Karempudi is very fast with near zero traffic, especially during early morning. Karempudi-Addanki was mostly ok barring a few really bad stretches. However, need to watch out for the rim breakers.

Onward, was able to reach NH5 in 4.25 hours (320 kms) and another 3.5 hours for Chennai (336 kms).

While returning back to Hyd, faced lot of traffic between Addanki and Karempudi which meant that it took 5.5 hours to reach Hyd from the NH5 exit at Addanki.
SDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2009, 15:06   #161
SDK
BHPian

Hi All,

Came back yesterday evening from my Hyd-Chennai-Pondi trip.

Took the Hyd-Sagar-Macherla-Karempudi-Addanki-Chennai route both while going and on the return.

Started from Hyd at 04:00 and was in Chennai at 12:30.
Driving time: 07:45.
Distance : 656 kms.

On return started at 11:30 from Chennai and was at home at 21:00.

Hyd-Sagar-Macherla-Karempudi is very fast with near zero traffic, especially during early morning. Karempudi-Addanki was mostly ok barring a few really bad stretches. However, need to watch out for the rim breakers.

Onward, was able to reach NH5 in 4.25 hours (320 kms) and another 3.5 hours for Chennai (336 kms).

While returning back to Hyd, faced lot of traffic between Addanki and Karempudi which meant that it took 5.5 hours to reach Hyd from the NH5 exit at Addanki.
Old 8th December 2009, 12:32   #162
BHPian

Hey SDK, from which point to which point you calculated the distance, I took the same route, except i came through chilakaluripet. The dist was 750 kms from Bowenpally to Tambaram.
Old 8th December 2009, 13:42   #163
SDK
BHPian

From Nizampet Road, JNTU to Chennai Central station.
Old 8th December 2009, 15:21   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDK View Post
...Driving time: 07:45. Distance : 656 kms.....
You seem to have kept up an average speed of almost 85 kmph over 7.45 hours. Had someone to share the driving with you or were you the only one?
straightdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2009, 18:24   #165
BHPian

About 6 months back I had driven to Chennai the same route via Hyd-Sagar-Macherla-Karempudi- Addanki it took about 5.30hrs as we started in the afternoon.From Addanki to Chennai 4hrs.So average running would be around 9-10hrs depending on the traffic.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote