Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 15th April 2014, 17:55   #496
BHPian

Default re: Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Planning to start early( At least by 5.30am) this time on 11th April.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Did you undertake this trip? Can you please update on the latest road conditions, especially near villages. Also how is the road from Addanki to where the road meets NH5. Are the tolls on SH2 operational?
racer_ash is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2014, 18:42   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Did you undertake this trip? Can you please update on the latest road conditions, especially near villages. Also how is the road from Addanki to where the road meets NH5. Are the tolls on SH2 operational?
racer_ash: I travelled last month and the tolls are operational in SH2. if i remember correctly 3 toll booths are there. The SH2 is good from Addanki till Medarametla where it meets NH5 and it is clearly marked as well.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 17:52   #498
Team-BHP Support

Thanks everyone. I had a pleasant journey via route given above.
Left from my home near Langar Houz at 4:45 am.
Reached Adyar at 3:15.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2014, 18:19   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Yes. The road condition is good. Nothing to worry. Other than few entry and exit stretches of some towns, rest of the road is almost butter smooth.

All the Tolls are operational now. So be prepared to shell out more. Not able to give the exact amount now as I left my ride in Hyd.

I started almost an hour late against my plan to leave at 5.30am. Took the same route as discussed earlier.

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0296.jpg

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0295.jpg

First break was at Integrated Check Post HP COCO. Tanked up my ride and myself too, with a Cheese Sandwich in CCD.
Total time off the wheel was 22 mins.

A forced stop from 9.30 to 10.00 am to take a call. Lost another 30 mins.

One more call from 12.00 to 12.20 pm. Lost another 20 Mins.

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0297.jpg

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0298.jpg

A few flyovers are still under construction while entering the small towns.

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0299.jpg

Had Lunch after crossing Pidugurallu around 1.15 pm. Again time 'Off' the wheel was for 25 mins.

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0303.jpg

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-dsc_0305.jpg

One more break of 10 mins after narket palli for fluid out and little stretching.

Reached planned destination Chaitanyapuri around 4.10pm.

Further travel from Chaitanyapur took another 1 hour to reach Motinagar. Traffic was relatively less for a change from there.

Total Time from Chennai home to Chaitanyapuri - 9 hrs 25 mins.
Total time for brakes : 22+30+20+25+10 mins = 1hr 47 mins

Total time on wheel : 7 hrs 38 mins.
Vow!This is my fastest till now on the same route.

Thanks to good roads.

Was able to keep the needle around 120 kmph most of the times.
Didn't try Cruise control atlest once this time.

Refilled fuel only next day after a lot of city driving in the night and next day morning.

Total trip F.E : 18.52 Kmpl calculated by Tank fill to tank fill method.

Mod Note : Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th April 2014 at 12:16. Reason: Mention, picture of overspeeding
Maverick79 is offline   (6) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 08:33   #500

Hi guys,

So I'm driving from Hyderabad to Chennai this Sunday (April 27th). From reading the above posts, sounds like the best (best in terms of time + road conditions) would be this route:

Hbad - Narketpally - Nalgonda - Piduguralla, Addanki- Ongole- Nellore- Chennai

Could you guys please confirm that my understanding is correct?

thanks very much!
Boban
wilkie366 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2014, 11:44   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkie366 View Post
Hi guys,

So I'm driving from Hyderabad to Chennai this Sunday (April 27th). From reading the above posts, sounds like the best (best in terms of time + road conditions) would be this route:

Hbad - Narketpally - Nalgonda - Piduguralla, Addanki- Ongole- Nellore- Chennai

Could you guys please confirm that my understanding is correct?

thanks very much!
Boban
Yes as of the the above route is the best option. Be aware of lack of good dining facilities on the way in the main highway. You can find many if you make detours and go inside the towns.
venki.bala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2014, 06:58   #502
BHPian

Drove back from Chennai yesterday. Road conditions are as usual good. one major update though: there is a new Amaravathi Restaurant that has opened between Gudur and Nellore when coming coming from chennai on left side. Very spacious, neat toilets and play area. 3 overbridges which were under construction between nellore and ongole are done and have thrown open.
venki.bala is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2014, 18:49   #503
BHPian

Hello All,

I did Chennai - Hyderabad via addanki last weekend and as mentioned above, it's excellent road now. Four way is completed except few village stretches.

Just wanted to add toll- gates info. Total 9 toll-gates, 6 on NH5, 2 between Addanki & Narketpally, and 1 on HYD-VJD highway.

Total toll charges I paid were Rs - 435 ( one way)
virgovencat is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2014, 12:27   #504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
I did Chennai - Hyderabad via addanki last weekend.

Just wanted to add toll- gates info. Total 9 toll-gates, 6 on NH5, 2 between Addanki & Narketpally, and 1 on HYD-VJD highway.

Not bad at all, Rs. 435/- for a 700+ km journey is pretty decent, reasonable, cheap and VFM.

I guess that 2 or 3 more tolls have yet to be set up.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2014, 09:15   #505

Smile re: Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries

Hi all
Just undertook a Chennai-Hyderabad trip on 17/5/14 and drove back to Chennai yesterday(21/5/14) in my trusty old steed, i10 and I must say that the roads are absolutely beautiful and smooth.A big thanks to venki.bala and virgovencat for their valuable heads up and info on the route.
Took the Addanki>Miriyalaguda>Nalgonda route and the roads carry very less traffic and are really laid well,except for the short but manageable sections near the villages approach and exit.

Managed to do the onward trip (Start time :4.30 am)in 10.5 hours which includes an hour and a half break(was traveling with my 5 year old princess )The return journey (Start time:6 am)however took about 12 hours as I had to stop for breakfast and had to get inside nellore in search of an ATM and finish lunch as well(if only I had used an ATM when I started from hyderabad.And the traffic near Chennai was pretty heavy as well.

On the whole it wasa very relaxed drive and will soon post a detailed report of the trip.
Amalraaj is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 11:26   #506

Hey folks, i am planning to drive down to Chennai on 26th June from Hyderabad. Planning to use Google maps. can any one advice on the below routes? which of these will be better? my preference are good roads. Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-hydchennai.jpg

Thanks in advance.

PS: I am plan to start around 9 am.
sachinkgogia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2014, 12:15   #507
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
Hey folks, i am planning to drive down to Chennai on 26th June from Hyderabad. Planning to use Google maps. can any one advice on the below routes? which of these will be better? my preference are good roads. Attachment 1250401

Thanks in advance.

Go via either of the routes,not much savings in terms of time.Both are going to take you around 10 hours of drive time.

The only advantage of taking the Addanki-Miryalguda route is you would avoid driving via Vijayawada town.But with your 9am start I would suggest that you go via Vijayawada if you are looking for eating options as VJA has plenty of options and if not VJA,you have the 7 Refresh at Suryapet (www.foodseven.com)

Otherwise there are no eating options on the NH5.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2014, 21:02   #508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinkgogia View Post
Hey folks, i am planning to drive down to Chennai on 26th June from Hyderabad. Planning to use Google maps. can any one advice on the below routes? which of these will be better? my preference are good roads. Attachment 1250401

Thanks in advance.

I will be taking the same route marked by you on Google Maps, the day after tomorrow. I plan to start between 11 a.m or 12 p.m. Will be updating this thread once I return on Saturday.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 15:29   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
I will be taking the same route marked by you on Google Maps, the day after tomorrow. I plan to start between 11 a.m or 12 p.m. Will be updating this thread once I return on Saturday.
I would suggest to take Addanki Route. Will save 1) Time 2) 70-80Km ( compared to via Vijayawada) and lesser toll charges

One more piece of advice, If you start at 9am, most probably you will get stuck outside Chennai in heavy traffic. Better to start at 5am ( if you can) and reach Chennai before 4pm. this way you can beat both HYD and CHN traffic. Yes, you have to pack Food.

Have a Safe Trip !!
virgovencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 15:49   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Hello All,

I did Chennai - Hyderabad .... 2 between Addanki & Narketpally, and 1 on HYD-VJD highway.

Are you sure it was 2 toll gates between Narketpally and Addanki. Though I havent travelled after the toll gates were installed I do remember reading in newapapers that there are three toll gates on this NAM Expressway ( Narketpally Addanki Mederametla Express way).
simplyself is offline   Reply With Quote