Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 16th December 2014, 14:49   #556
BHPian

Friends, any idea about eateries on this route during a night drive? I have not done this since March. I need to be Chennai on Saturday 10am, but I can't leave hyderabad until 930pm Friday. Will have to travel with family (kids too), planning to pack some curd rice if nothing suitable
Ashwinbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 15:06   #557
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinbr View Post
Friends, any idea about eateries on this route during a night drive? I have not done this since March. I need to be Chennai on Saturday 10am, but I can't leave hyderabad until 930pm Friday. Will have to travel with family (kids too), planning to pack some curd rice if nothing suitable
Fly down.

If you are travelling with kids that is my advice. Since you cannot get free till 9:30 PM I assume you are going to be busy working. A night drive after a full day of work is not a good idea.

If you still plan on driving down, I would highly recommend that you pack some food and eat that. No point risking hotel food as imho it is always suspect.

Use colin and clean your windscreen really well. A dirty windscreen is the worst thing on a night drive. Spare bulbs and learn how to change them.

Again I would request you to please reconsider. This road is very good and invariably people drive fast. Some of those drivers are not very good at stopping.

All the best. Have a safe drive.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 16:30   #558
BHPian

Thanks bro. Appreciate your concern.
Btw.. I will not be working that day.it is just that my kids are performing that Friday evening. They can't miss it and I cannot miss Saturday. Will have a chance to get a good sleep until evening.
Old 16th December 2014, 16:59   #559
BHPian

Smile re: Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Fly down.

If you are travelling with kids that is my advice. Since you cannot get free till 9:30 PM I assume you are going to be busy working. A night drive after a full day of work is not a good idea.

If you still plan on driving down, I would highly recommend that you pack some food and eat that. No point risking hotel food as imho it is always suspect.

Use colin and clean your windscreen really well. A dirty windscreen is the worst thing on a night drive. Spare bulbs and learn how to change them.

Again I would request you to please reconsider. This road is very good and invariably people drive fast. Some of those drivers are not very good at stopping.

All the best. Have a safe drive.
***I had responded to this via the Android app - and it went 'gayab'!!.
(Responding again - Administrators pls delete this post if it was a duplicate)***

Thanks bro - appreciate your concern and I totally understand why.

BTW, I will not be working that Friday - I will make sure I rest (read: sleep) until evening - after all how can I break my family's blind trust in me.

It is just that my kids are performing that Friday evening.
They cannot miss Friday and I cannot miss Saturday.

I will drive safe!
Old 16th December 2014, 17:10   #560
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks bro. Appreciate your concern.
Btw.. I will not be working that day.it is just that my kids are performing that Friday evening. They can't miss it and I cannot miss Saturday. Will have a chance to get a good sleep until evening.
There is absolutely no issue with regard to driving on this road at night. But food options are very grim. You better pack some food and have it. Have a safe journey.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 19:23   #561
BHPian

Don't risk for food when travelling with kids. No decent eateries till ongole when coming from Hyderabad. While driving from Chennai this Saturday, was forced to have something after Addanki and that's it. Didn't find anything decent till Narketpalli.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2014, 23:48   #562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might encounter significant fog and mist along the way at that time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venki.bala View Post
The rivera restaurant at Narketpalli junction doesnot open till 7am. As bblost mentioned it would be better to start little late due to the Foggy conditions.
Thanks imran and venki for the suggestion. I am planning to drive till trichy(TN), hence this early start. Regarding food, I think we will pack some snacks + bread for breakfast.

Last edited by bblost : 17th December 2014 at 00:14. Reason: fixed quote tags.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 00:14   #563
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Thanks imran and venki for the suggestion. I am planning to drive till trichy(TN), hence this early start. Regarding food, I think we will pack some snacks + bread for breakfast.

You might want to reevaluate the route.
Hyderabad - Bangalore - Trichy is what I would choose.
bblost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2014, 07:24   #564
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You might want to reevaluate the route.
Hyderabad - Bangalore - Trichy is what I would choose.
Yes, I agree. But I have done this route many times(Hyderabad - Bangalore and Bangalore - Nagercoil). Hence trying a different route. My actual destination is Nagercoil/Kanyakumari and planning to stop at Trichy or before for night stay.
Old 20th December 2014, 16:10   #565
Senior - BHPian

Is it easy to find the right @ Narketpally towards chennai? Any landmarks? Also any good/reliable fuel station after nellore? It would be good if they accept credit cards as well.
Old 20th December 2014, 16:24   #566
BHPian

Arun, when you are on the vijayawada highway, you will see a board called Nalgonda NAM expressway. That is the exit that you will have to take. Once you take the exit turn right and you will see the board chenni 5** kms. Even simpler, there will be a Vivera restaurant on to your right and you will have to take the exit on to your left. There are various COCO pumps in Ongole.not sure if they accept CC. Hope this helps.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 21:42   #567
BHPian

Quote:
Is it easy to find the right @ Narketpally towards chennai? Any landmarks? Also any good/reliable fuel station after nellore? It would be good if they accept credit cards as well.
At Narketpally there is a fly over on the bypass road.
From the flyover there is a down ramp towards Nalagonda and Chennai.
The sign boards are clearly marked on the fly over.
Hope this helps

Last edited by gajadonga : 20th December 2014 at 21:43.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 11:07   #568
BHPian

The turn at Narketpally flyover towards Nalgonda and Chennai.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-1419226541331.jpg  

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-1419226617193.jpg  

Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries-1419226631577.jpg  

gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 06:37   #569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
The turn at Narketpally flyover towards Nalgonda and Chennai.
gajadonga, thanks for posting the pics. But I think the order of the pics has to be reverse. First you get to see the mountains, then onto the flyover and then the exit on the left side of the flyover. Thanks again.
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd December 2014, 08:37   #570
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Day3: Hyderabad to Trichy (985Kms) - Via Chennai
So finally you took the same bypass? The one via Redhills? How was the experience?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote