Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd December 2014, 09:28   #571
Senior - BHPian

Default re: Hyderabad - Chennai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So finally you took the same bypass? The one via Redhills? How was the experience?
Yes, I took the redhills route for the bypass. Didn't face much traffic on this route. It was around 40Kms and it took around 35-40mins. I think we paid couple of tolls. However traffic was there near vandalur which took some time. I think this traffic was due to a temple on the road side and most of the vehicles stops here for a quick pooja. It took may be around 20mins to cross this place.
Attached Images

arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 13:55   #572
BHPian

Traveled to Chennai 2 days back.

Hyderabad-ORR-Narketpalli.
Four laned roads after ORR to Narketpalli.

Narketpalli-Addanki.

Narketpally to Nalgonda
No diversions and bliss to drive.

Nalgonda-Miryalguda

2 villages where the road narrows down to dual carriage way.

Miryalguda-Pidugurala

Dachepalle and Pidgurala no bypasses.
3-4 villages again the road becomes dual carriage way.

All these are manageble except for the small town traffic.

Pidugurala-Medarametla

Excellent four lane. No bypass to Addanki town.
The lost time between Nalgonda to Piduguralla can be made here in this stretch.

Medatmetla-Nellore.

Six laning in progress lots of diversions but manageble.

Nellore- Chennai.

Nellore-Tada

Excellent four lane.

Tada- Redhills.

Six lane work is going on and three flyover work is in progress and the service
roads are in bad shape with craters and pot holes.
gajadonga is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:25   #573
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Thanks for the detailed observation. How much time did it take for you to reach Chennai? Any updates on food joints?
JoseVijay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2015, 14:57   #574
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
So finally you took the same bypass? The one via Redhills? How was the experience?
I always take this bypass to reach East Tambaram. The stretch is close to 30kms and I always finished in less than 35 to 40 Mins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Thanks for the detailed observation. How much time did it take for you to reach Chennai? Any updates on food joints?
I recently did this route on 22nd Dec with an 8 month old Infant, 2 senior citizens and my better half. It took nearly 10.5 hours, with 6 breaks including lunch. Started at 8.40am from Chaitanyapuri, Hyderabad and reached home in East Tambaram, Chennai by 7:00pm.

Total Toll: INR 560/-

P.S: We were forced to have lunch at Highway or High 5 Dhaba as we started late.
Service is pretty bad. So is food quality. Will not suggest this to any one.
Luckily, we packed our son's food. So no issues for him.
Else we planned to have lunch at Amaravati near Ongole.

Regards,
Maverick79.
Maverick79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 17:03   #575
BHPian

Any suggestions on which route to take from coimbatore to Vijayawada?
Two options either ride by a Bullet 500 or drive by a car. Suggest for both means of transport guys. Thanks in advance.
kar.carthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 18:17   #576
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
Any suggestions on which route to take from coimbatore to Vijayawada?
Two options either ride by a Bullet 500 or drive by a car. Suggest for both means of transport guys. Thanks in advance.
Never did by road from Coimbatore to VIJ. I would suggest to take via Tirupati ( Krishnagiri, Vellore) and then proceed towards Naidu pet. From Naidu pet to VIJ is good road. Ongole to VIJ six way is almost completed.
virgovencat is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 22:05   #577
BHPian

@virgovencat- Thank you for the update. I am worried about the stretch from kadpadi to Tirupathi and I am also clueless about joining the NH7 from Tirupathi. Two lanes are a nightmare these days.
kar.carthik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd February 2015, 19:11   #578
BHPian

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or MULTI-QUOTE buttons instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here (How to MULTI-QUOTE (when replying to a thread) on Team-BHP).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kar.carthik View Post
@virgovencat- Thank you for the update. I am worried about the stretch from kadpadi to Tirupathi and I am also clueless about joining the NH7 from Tirupathi. Two lanes are a nightmare these days.
@ Kar.carthik - Tirupati to Srikalahasti road is good. I travelled on it few months back. hope it's the same now. From Srikalahasti to Naidupeta, I am not sure. After Naidupeta - it's NH5, which is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
@ Kar.carthik - Tirupati to Srikalahasti road is good. I travelled on it few months back. hope it's the same now. From Srikalahasti to Naidupeta, I am not sure. After Naidupeta - it's NH5, which is good.

Do let me know of you take NH7. I want to try new route to HYD. I am bored of driving on same route ( Via NH5 Ongole). I want to try via Tirupathi next time.;-)

Last edited by GTO : 27th February 2015 at 11:39. Reason: Merging back to back posts
virgovencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 11:07   #579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgovencat View Post
Srikalahasti to Naidupeta is equally good (or bad) as is Tirupati to Srikalahasti. I did both in mid Dec.
hyd_traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 11:35   #580
BHPian

Guys..will be travelling to Trichy (Tiruchirapalli) from Hyderabad over the weekend. Taking the Chennai route instead of the Bangalore route as I also need to visit my in-laws in Chennai. Will break the journey at Chennai as I will be travelling with my 2 yr old.

1) How is the present condition of Road between Nalgonda and Chennai? I am especially concerned about the road condition of the State Highway through villages and the state of NH5. Since Il be starting at around 1pm at Hyderabad, will I have difficulty negotiating the diversion on NH5 after darkness?
2) Even though its off-topic. Can anyone let me know the best route and how roads are between Chennai (St.Thomas Mount) all the way to Trichy? Any diversions/road works etc? Or is the road smooth all the way. What would be the time taken if starting at around 730AM the next day.
3) Even though we would be packing food, any places to refresh (on the highway itself) for both stretches?

Thanks in advance
racer_ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th March 2015, 17:01   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post

1) How is the present condition of Road between Nalgonda and Chennai? I am especially concerned about the road condition of the State Highway through villages and the state of NH5. Since Il be starting at around 1pm at Hyderabad, will I have difficulty negotiating the diversion on NH5 after darkness?
2) Even though its off-topic. Can anyone let me know the best route and how roads are between Chennai (St.Thomas Mount) all the way to Trichy?

As I have mentioned in my previous post there are no real issues between Nalgonda to Medarmetla.
Its four laned toll road throughout and refueling facilities also is ok.
Except for Dhabas no good eateries enroute.
Medarmetla-Nellore lot of diversions so you will flow with the traffic so should not be a problem in the night.
Nellore-Tada excellent highway
After Tada-Chennai will slow you down due to flyover constructions.

Chennai (St.Thomas Mount) all the way to Trichy is tolled four lane no issues.
Plan for 4.30hrs sedate drive excluding breaks.Plenty of eating options enroute.
Depending on where you want to go into Trichy take the bypass which will help to save city traffic.

Last edited by gajadonga : 9th March 2015 at 17:10.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2015, 01:16   #582
BHPian

Quote:

Hyderabad-ORR-Narketpalli.
Four laned roads after ORR to Narketpalli.

Narketpalli-Addanki.
Thanks a lot for the fantastic detailed update about the road. After reading your post I have decided to use this route for my travel to Tirupati next week.

Are there any safety issues in covering this route at night, with family? Planning to leave Hyd after dinner and reach Tirupati next morning. I am used to night driving and have done B'lore-Hyd a number of times. So don't have any issues in driving at night, provided the up and down traffic is separated by a median.

TIA
Max
9tMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2015, 08:09   #583
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Are there any safety issues in covering this route at night, with family?
Absolutely safe. I left Chennai in the afternoon and crossed Hyderabad and Secunderabad during 1:30-2:00 am, the next day.
J.Ravi is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2015, 11:53   #584
BHPian

Quote:
As I have mentioned in my previous post there are no real issues between Nalgonda to Medarmetla.
Its four laned toll road throughout and refueling facilities also is ok.
Except for Dhabas no good eateries enroute.
Medarmetla-Nellore lot of diversions so you will flow with the traffic so should not be a problem in the night.
Nellore-Tada excellent highway
After Tada-Chennai will slow you down due to flyover constructions.

Chennai (St.Thomas Mount) all the way to Trichy is tolled four lane no issues.
Plan for 4.30hrs sedate drive excluding breaks.Plenty of eating options enroute.
Depending on where you want to go into Trichy take the bypass which will help to save city traffic.

We drove yesterday, 21st March 2015, from Chennai to Hyderabad using the above route. Left Chennai (Pallikaranai) at 8 am and reached home at Dr A S Rao Nagar, Hyderabad by 5.30 pm. We stopped at three different places for about 15-20 minutes each. Except diversions where construction activity is going on in some places, and a few villages/towns where the roads are not good, the route is fantastic.
Krishnan V G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2015, 16:19   #585
BHPian

yesterday travelled from Hyderabad to Chennai. for 20- 30 kms after Ongole is bad because of surface and constructions. I started from Nizampet at 5.45 am and reached Valasarawakkam at 5 pm with stop over at Vivera Narketpally for Breakfast, 30 mins break Ongole for having packed lunch and Tea break at Nellore Bypass for 30 mins.
venki.bala is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote