Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2009, 15:04   #31
BHPian
 
sonirohit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Chandigarh
Posts: 318
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Reviving an old thread.

I have an early morning appointment at Dehra Dun on a Sunday Morning in April. Before people suggest I drive (actually in my case, walk) across to Nizamuddin station and take the 11.00 p.m. train to Dehradun, let me explain the catch: I have to be in Delhi by evening after my appointment, for which timing there are no trains. So because of my return schedule, I have to take my Palio.

Can anyone offer any advice / information about the following programme?

1. Leaving Delhi for Dehradun on Sunday early morning is not really feasible and cutting it too fine. So I intend to drive down on Saturday afternoon and spend the night in Dehradun. Realistically speaking, what time should I leave Delhi in order to cross Roorkee (basically cross infamous U.P. roads) by dusk and reach Dehradun by 8.00 pm or so?

2. I know Delhi-Meerut would take 2-2.5 hours. How long would it take from Meerut to Dehradun? I know its about 170 kms.

3. Any pointers in terms of routes and by-passes? I am taking the Delhi - Mohan Nagar - Ghaziabad - Modinagar - Meerut (by-pass) - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Chhutmalpur - Dehradun route. Is there a by-pass for Muzaffarnagar?

4. How are the roads after Meerut? I am familiar with Delhi-Meerut. I believe it's similar ahead except for being undivided. Is it much worse than that?

Thanks in advance.
There is also a muzaffarnagar byepass/rurkee byepass which was being laid out last time we were there abt an year ago, roads after meerut are better than delhi-meerut, I think they are divided (can't say for sure) - it's best you leave by 2:00 PM to reach there by 8:00
sonirohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2009, 15:26   #32
Distinguished - BHPian
 
SS-Traveller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 6,617
Thanked: 10,769 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
what time should I leave Delhi in order to cross Roorkee (basically cross infamous U.P. roads) by dusk and reach Dehradun by 8.00 pm or so?

2. I know Delhi-Meerut would take 2-2.5 hours. How long would it take from Meerut to Dehradun? I know its about 170 kms.

3. Any pointers in terms of routes and by-passes? I am taking the Delhi - Mohan Nagar - Ghaziabad - Modinagar - Meerut (by-pass) - Muzaffarnagar - Roorkee - Chhutmalpur - Dehradun route. Is there a by-pass for Muzaffarnagar?

4. How are the roads after Meerut? I am familiar with Delhi-Meerut. I believe it's similar ahead except for being undivided. Is it much worse than that?
@ architect: Would like to draw your attention to another post by me on another thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1221523-post5.html
describing a route to bypass a lot of HMV traffic in the early afternoon on NH58. Delhi-Dehradun will take at least 6 hours (280 km), so latest time for you to leave Delhi would be 2PM. Roads after Meerut are quite OK surfacewise, and widened in some parts.

Would suggest an alternate route to Dehradun - faster - 5.5 hrs max, but longer distance (325km). Take NH1 to the Kurukshetra crossing, turn right towards Jagadhri, carry on till Paonta Sahib, and finally come to Dehradun from the Vijaynagar side.
SS-Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2009, 19:37   #33
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NOIDA, Manchester & Cardiff
Posts: 565
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

I lived in Muzaffarnagar for 15 years. Night Security is suspect mainly on bypass roads. In travelling in night, travel thru Muzaffarnagar and Meerut city and avoid bypass roads. Main roads are heavily travelled so normally no security issues unless your luck is bad. Still it will be prudent to reach your destination before 12 in the night.

Road manners and etiquettes are absent from that belt so dont get into any argument with any body.
akj53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2016, 10:15   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,485 Times
Default re: Noida to Mussoorie : Route Queries

Any updates on the road from noida to mussoorie? And the most unimpeded raasta?
I am looking to head out mid april
mayankk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:33   #35
BHPian
 
ptushar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 304
Thanked: 203 Times
Default re: Noida to Mussoorie : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Any updates on the road from noida to mussoorie? And the most unimpeded raasta?
I am looking to head out mid april
Mayankk. Did you make this trip? Which route did you take and how are the road conditions? Planning to drive in the next week.
ptushar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:41   #36
Senior - BHPian
 
mayankk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 4,115
Thanked: 3,485 Times
Default re: Noida to Mussoorie : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptushar View Post
Mayankk. Did you make this trip? Which route did you take and how are the road conditions? Planning to drive in the next week.
Took the meerut muzaffarnagar route only, the shortest one GMaps. I dont really remember anything about the drive now, which can be a good thing. That means there was nothing untoward on the way.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 17:46   #37
BHPian
 
ptushar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 304
Thanked: 203 Times
Default re: Noida to Mussoorie : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
Took the meerut muzaffarnagar route only, the shortest one GMaps. I dont really remember anything about the drive now, which can be a good thing. That means there was nothing untoward on the way.
Thanks Mayankk. Is the road 4 lane all the way? Are you aware of the location of the UP RTO checkpost as soon as you enter UP from Delhi?
ptushar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 08:45   #38
BHPian
 
Switch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Noida, India
Posts: 217
Thanked: 54 Times
Default re: Noida to Mussoorie : Route Queries

Went to Rishikesh couple of weeks back with a friend from Noida. The Roads are well laid for almost 80% of the distance. Its just from Rurkee to Rishikesh where lot of road work is going on. We travelled at night. (8PM to 2AM) with a stopover for food and it was a effortless and un-stressful drive.

Last edited by Switch : 25th May 2017 at 08:47.
Switch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Noida to Ranthambore : Route Queries GauravTaneja Route / Travel Queries 16 29th March 2016 10:29
Noida - Bareilly : Route Queries texens Route / Travel Queries 9 16th March 2016 13:05
Delhi - Mussoorie: Alternate route during Kawad season Masda Route / Travel Queries 3 5th August 2013 08:18
Noida-Ahmedabad-Chandigarh-Noida Abeer Travelogues 19 2nd June 2010 00:09
Trip to Noida - Mcleodganj (H.P) – Noida girlieonwheels Travelogues 12 8th October 2008 12:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:52.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks