Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 13:29   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Noida
Posts: 315
Thanked: Once
Default

this is where we guys stayed in jaipur.
Hotel Jaipur Palace.Jaipur Hotels,Heritage Hotels in Jaipur,Heritage Hotels Rajasthan,Palace Hotels Jaipur,Accommodation Jaipur Rajasthan,Luxury Heritage Hotels Jaipur
courteous staff and neat rooms.they'll give you a 20 % disc on rack rates too.
there is no jal mahal in jaipur.that's in udaipur.
1.drive to jaigarh fort first.great place for a photo shoot.beautiful site early in the morning.peacocks and Hanuman langurs everywhere.
2.nahargarh after that.
3.do amer fort and palace the next day including sheesh mahal.too many forts get tiring the same day.repetetive too.
other places:
4.Jagat Shiromani temple.the only temple in the world of Krishna and Meera Bai.
5.block printing factories nearby using vegetable dyes and the legendary jaipuri quilts.try to blend in and not appear too touristy as one can easily get ripped off here.
6.Moti Dungri Palace
7.Ganesh temple at Moti Dungri
8.city palace
9.hawa mahal

choki dhani was actually a disappointment.their food was artery clogging too.i'm serious.
bapu bazaar for street shopping.SEZ at sitapura for silver jewellery.
check out a pub/restaurant called RED on MI road.good ambience and good food.the bartender makes stiff drinks.great view (rooftop).
drive safe on that jaipur highway please.seat belts a must.
some places on the road you'll get high speed traffic from the opposite side (!)

happy journey.

Last edited by doctorkats : 15th September 2007 at 13:31.
doctorkats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th December 2008, 19:06   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 187
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Talked to Pearl Palace (Vidyut), but they are full until 15th Jan, I'm planning to visit Jaipur on 1st Jan.. can anyone suggest any alternate good acco (~1.5 to 2k/day).

Thanks in advance
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 14:58   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 187
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hmm.. wonder if everyone is travelling already.. how bad is the fog on NH-8 to jaipur? wondering if I can start early morning like 5 AM or wait until 6-7 ...
Shankyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 15:36   #19
Senior - BHPian
 
rkbharat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Gurgaon/New Delhi
Posts: 1,590
Thanked: 608 Times
Default

I will check the place I stayed at, was 1000 per night, AC rooms, but was in the middle of the city, near the market. with ok parking space.

Also 5AM can be a problem, looking at the fog conditions at present. Even if you start at 8-9 you will end up reaching jaipur at the same time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shankyz View Post
Talked to Pearl Palace (Vidyut), but they are full until 15th Jan, I'm planning to visit Jaipur on 1st Jan.. can anyone suggest any alternate good acco (~1.5 to 2k/day).

Thanks in advance

Last edited by rkbharat : 30th December 2008 at 15:38.
rkbharat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2008, 16:43   #20
Senior - BHPian
 
Ym-enjn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,039
Thanked: 54 Times
Default

Hey guys, one of our fellow team-bhpian 'deky' have a 14 room decent guest house on main JLN marg in Jaipur, which is around 8-9 kms from M.I. Road and very close to famous malls like Gaurav Towers. PM him.

Other good options are:

Meghnivas, madhuban, umaid bhavan in bani park.
Hotel Pratap in Adarsh Nagar,
Hotel Bliss in Raja Park

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 30th December 2008 at 16:48.
Ym-enjn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 11:31   #21
BHPian
 
RufRoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Guys, will be in Jaipur on the 13th and will leave for Delhi on the 14th night.

What means of transport would you recommend? There's a train at 11:58 PM which reaches Delhi at 5:30 AM and there are buses, the last one which leaves at 11:30 PM. It's a group of 5 of us ... would taking a cab work out better or would it be way more expensive? The Volvo AC works out to 435, train 3 A/c 440 ... so in relation to that, how would a cab work out?
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 19:43   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

The cab rates in Jaipur for innova are 8rs/km for a minimum of 250 kms per day. Delhi -Jaipur- Delhi is about 530 kms. Plus I guess you should take another 100kms for roaming/sight seeing in jaipur. So you will be totalling a max of 650kms in 2 days.

That comes to 5200/- Rs for an Innova cab plus 100 rs for drivers over night stay. So you will spend rs 5300/- if you take a cab. These rates are Jaipur rates, will differ slightly as you would be taking a cab from Delhi.

Tavera are even cheaper, they charge 7rs/ km.

Anyways even if they differ slightly my point is for 5 pax cab will definatey work out to be a much better option as you dont have to look for public transport to do your sightseeing in Jaipur, which can be pretty bad and expensive at times. Plus you have the luxury of following your own timings.

If you decide against taking a cab, then I would suggest The Volvo that starts from Bikaner house (India Gate) or the morning Shatabdi Train that reached Jaipur at 10.40am. While going back Shatabdi leaves jaipur at 5.40pm

The overnight train arrives Jaipur at 5.30 am and at that time if you check in a Hotel you will unncessarily be paying 1 day extra charges (check in/out timings are 12noon)

If you taking a Cab another place to visit is SiliSerh Lake and Sariska Sanctuary (Alwar) You will have to take a slight detour for them but the lake is pretty nice (not sure if it has water tho..sorry!!)
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th February 2009, 20:47   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default

Oh Deky, you got it all in the reverse order.. RufRoc asked for Jaipur - Delhi. If you take a cab to & fro, then it makes sense, otherwise if you take it only for one side, then they will charge you for the return trip as well saying that they have to come back without any passengers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
The cab rates in Jaipur for innova are 8rs/km for a minimum of 250 kms per day. Delhi -Jaipur- Delhi is about 530 kms. Plus I guess you should take another 100kms for roaming/sight seeing in jaipur. So you will be totalling a max of 650kms in 2 days.

That comes to 5200/- Rs for an Innova cab plus 100 rs for drivers over night stay. So you will spend rs 5300/- if you take a cab. These rates are Jaipur rates, will differ slightly as you would be taking a cab from Delhi.

Tavera are even cheaper, they charge 7rs/ km.

Anyways even if they differ slightly my point is for 5 pax cab will definatey work out to be a much better option as you dont have to look for public transport to do your sightseeing in Jaipur, which can be pretty bad and expensive at times. Plus you have the luxury of following your own timings.

If you decide against taking a cab, then I would suggest The Volvo that starts from Bikaner house (India Gate) or the morning Shatabdi Train that reached Jaipur at 10.40am. While going back Shatabdi leaves jaipur at 5.40pm

The overnight train arrives Jaipur at 5.30 am and at that time if you check in a Hotel you will unncessarily be paying 1 day extra charges (check in/out timings are 12noon)

If you taking a Cab another place to visit is SiliSerh Lake and Sariska Sanctuary (Alwar) You will have to take a slight detour for them but the lake is pretty nice (not sure if it has water tho..sorry!!)

Last edited by gd1418 : 4th February 2009 at 20:50.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 09:43   #24
BHPian
 
RufRoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

deky & gd1418: Thanks, I was looking for Jaipur - Delhi but then the cab rates you'd mentioned would anyway apply. However, since it would just be a Delhi drop and not a return (and will eventually be charged for both ways), I think it would make sense to take the Volvo.
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2009, 11:50   #25
Senior - BHPian
 
deky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Jaipur
Posts: 1,192
Thanked: 1,029 Times
Default

Ahhh....Sorry!!! My fault. Yeah just for Delhi drop a Cab doesnt make sense. Volvo or the Shatabdi is ideal for getting to Delhi. Let me know if you need any help whilst in Jaipur
deky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2009, 11:19   #26
BHPian
 
RufRoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 259
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Let me know if you need any help whilst in Jaipur
Will sure do ... will drop you a PM . As of now, it's only going be a day in Jaipur (I know it won't be enough but time constraints).
RufRoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gurgaon - Sariska - Gurgaon - Phew...Finally sighted one of the Tiger Cubs of ST2 gd1418 Travelogues 555 17th October 2014 20:23
Republic Day Weekend trip to Jaipur woof Route / Travel Queries 11 5th August 2012 17:37
Gurgaon - Jaipur: Republic Day Celebration sach.sri Travelogues 4 21st February 2012 17:29
Jaipur -Delhi- Rudrapur - Kanpur - Delhi/Jaipur deky Route / Travel Queries 11 2nd December 2009 15:08
One day Jaipur trip from Gurgaon - Trip Report rkbharat Travelogues 2 18th September 2007 10:42


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:32.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks