Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2007, 00:44   #1
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Bangalore to Erode - need help on route

Hi Team,

Planning for my next trip.. this time to Erode from Bangy.

From other threads I could make out that the route is through Hosur Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri...and after that need some help.

Which is the best route in terms of distance and quality of roads. APprox time and place to refuel/stop (in case there is a desolate stretch ahead and I miss the last fuel station).

Thanks in advance..
Nimz and Sparky
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 01:07   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: N.A
Posts: 6,834
Thanked: 1,503 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
Hi Team,

Planning for my next trip.. this time to Erode from Bangy.

From other threads I could make out that the route is through Hosur Krishnagiri, Dharmapuri...and after that need some help.

Which is the best route in terms of distance and quality of roads. APprox time and place to refuel/stop (in case there is a desolate stretch ahead and I miss the last fuel station).

Thanks in advance..
Nimz and Sparky

Nimz

Plenty of threads on that route. Bangalore - K'giri - D'puri - Thoppur - Mettur Stanley Reservoir - Bhavani. From there I think its direct Bhavani to Erode.

Last edited by Steeroid : 15th September 2007 at 01:08.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2007, 01:14   #3
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
Nimz

Plenty of threads on that route. Bangalore - K'giri - D'puri - Thoppur - Mettur Stanley Reservoir - Bhavani. From there I think its direct Bhavani to Erode.
Yes I came across a lot of this upto Bhavani. Was not sure if I have to go via Bhavani or instead of thoppur go on to Salem.. and then to Erode. Previous threads talk about bad stretches between Dharmapuri and Krishnagiri.. Any one recently on this route? Routes better worse due to rain?

Thanks

Nimz
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 00:33   #4
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

nimz,

try this

Bangalore-Hosur-Pallakod-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Erode

i used this route couple of weeks back and the roads are pretty good. You should reach erode in less than 6 hrs.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 08:56   #5
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

From Bhavani, you go direct to Erode which should be around 20 kms. After joining NH47 at Bhavani, go along for a few kms towards Coimbatore and take a left turn. All roads lead to Erode.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 13:56   #6
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

Hi,

Route1: Blore -Hosur -K.giri -Dharmapuri-Thoppur -Mettur (You can take bye-pass instead of going in to Mettur) - Bhavani - Erode

Total around 250kms. This route I did last in Aug26th. The road between Thoppur to Dharmapuri had lot of potholes. But they were filling few of them. I am not sure what is the state now.

Route 2:
Bangalore-Hosur-Pallakod-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Erode
My friend old the road bw Hosur to Dpuri it is good.

Please do not take Thoppur to Salem as 20kms from Thoppur is very bad.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 13:58   #7
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 400
Thanked: 40 Times
Default

For Bhavani to Mettur - After Bhavani you will be joining NH47 which goes to Coimbatore, just after a km or less (There is a fly over construction is going on) you will get a road on the left which will take you to Erode approx. 12kms.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2007, 23:50   #8
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

thanks guys..

@ Blore buddy - Pallakod? Is there a diversion I need to take? Is this shorter or is it better than the krishnagiri route.. Previous trip to Vellore I followed the straight route out of Hosur and went thro K'giri.
Now At K'giri I reckon I need to take a diversion to Dharmapuri. (Hope signboards would be bright and clear!!)

Thanks a ton again guys..

Nimz
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 09:52   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,369
Thanked: 3,354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
thanks guys..

@ Blore buddy - Pallakod? Is there a diversion I need to take? Is this shorter or is it better than the krishnagiri route.. Previous trip to Vellore I followed the straight route out of Hosur and went thro K'giri.
Now At K'giri I reckon I need to take a diversion to Dharmapuri. (Hope signboards would be bright and clear!!)

Thanks a ton again guys..

Nimz

The Hosur-Rayakottah-Palakode-Dharmapuri route is an alternative road, but it is conventional 2 lane road with lots of curves. Not worth taking, unless you are bored with the GQ model roads. After crossing the flyover at Hosur, you will see a road to the right - not sure about the signages), so the turn off is in Hosur town itself.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2007, 17:09   #10
BHPian
 
aditya.86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Beaumont, TX
Posts: 222
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

bangalore-hosur.after the flyover at hosur you will see a board saying right to raykottah.take that route as it has much lesses traffic...it will join the nh-47 right after dharmapuri..after you reach thoppur take a right to mettur...follow the road and it will lead you to bhavani from where erode is around 12-13 kms...this is the best route as i took this road recently
aditya.86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 16:31   #11
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

THanks Aditya and Hvkumar, I shall try this raykottah route.

Since the turnoff is immly after Hosur flyover, are there any Reliance petrol pumps nearby to tank up or is it advisable to tank up in Bangy only.

Thanks again
Nimz
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 16:37   #12
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimz View Post
THanks Aditya and Hvkumar, I shall try this raykottah route.

Since the turnoff is immly after Hosur flyover, are there any Reliance petrol pumps nearby to tank up or is it advisable to tank up in Bangy only.

Thanks again
Nimz

There is a reliance petrol pump in Hosur, after the flyover, a little bit ahead...maybe 15mins drive. There is also a A1 restaurant or something, adjacent to reliance...you can tank up there, might save a few bucks.
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 17:37   #13
Senior - BHPian
 
rjstyles69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bengalooru..
Posts: 4,345
Thanked: 789 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
you can tank up there, might save a few bucks.
The savings aint that high. Prices are almost the same as in bangy. Cheaper maybe by a rupee or less.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 17:41   #14
BHPian
 
Nimz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 468
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopz View Post
There is a reliance petrol pump in Hosur, after the flyover, a little bit ahead...maybe 15mins drive. There is also a A1 restaurant or something, adjacent to reliance...you can tank up there, might save a few bucks.
Am aware of this Reliance pump and was planning bfast here but if the turn off to Rayakottah happens before this pump (i.e) somehwere near Hosur then I am stuck..

@ aditya - is the turnoff after the Reliance pump, then I have no issues at all..tanking up here should last me till Erode.

Thanks again
Nimz
Nimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2007, 17:58   #15
BHPian
 
gopz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Blighty
Posts: 452
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
The savings aint that high. Prices are almost the same as in bangy. Cheaper maybe by a rupee or less.

In that case tank up at Shell on hosur road!
gopz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help on Bangalore - Manjeri route vasudev_2 Route / Travel Queries 15 18th August 2014 13:29
Erode to Nagarhole..route help? robimahanta Route / Travel Queries 4 24th February 2011 17:38
Need help for Bangalore - North Kerala - Bangalore round trip! phil001 Route / Travel Queries 6 15th December 2009 14:20
Road Trip from Bangalore to Thandampalyam (Erode) snaronikar Travelogues 5 2nd May 2008 21:06
Planning for Trip to Kumbakonam(TN)- Need help on the best route from Bangalore scarlet_swift Route / Travel Queries 1 16th June 2006 10:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:05.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks