Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 2nd October 2007, 00:53   #1
Senior - BHPian

Default Need few info about Kabini.

Hi friends,
I'm planning for a trip to Kabini and I've never been there before. And while searching for staying options I came around with places which are very costly(mostly in the 3k range). Isn't there a any accommodation in Kabini which we can call Budget acco(say max. 1000 per room types).
Also the route to Kabini is different from the route to Nagarhole, right?We will need to cross Mysore instead of taking the coorg route, isn't it?
Also is the road drivable in a Baleno?
And how about the idea of going to the north of Nagarhole instead(Kabini is south of Nagarhole)?
Please help me out guyz,
Regards,
Kaushik
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 08:38   #2
BHPian

Hi kaushik,

We with family have been to Kabbini JLR. They are the best. Staying at Kabini and everything is taken care, and they are the best in there job. My suggestion is to simply go the JLR. There saffari is the best of the class, don't even try out side. Good part is you can book in Bangalore.

Please visit http://www.junglelodges.com/resort_overview.asp?resort=Kabini

regards,
-manju

Last edited by manjubp : 2nd October 2007 at 08:42.
manjubp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 10:40   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not much options for budget accomodation in that particular area, the alternative would be if you are willing to rough it out then you could book through the Forest Department and get one of their cottages (no illusions of grandeur here) deep inside the forest, karapur is one such place, accomodation is cheap, but you will have to carry everything from bedding to provisions.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2007, 23:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjubp View Post
Hi kaushik,

We with family have been to Kabbini JLR. They are the best. Staying at Kabini and everything is taken care, and they are the best in there job. My suggestion is to simply go the JLR.
-manju
Thanks Manju, yeah I do know about JLR but I was looking for a different option if there is any.JLR is 2.2k per head per night and I can see few of my friends opting out seeing that price tag If it was only me then I would've love to be at that place but..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
Not much options for budget accomodation in that particular area, the alternative would be if you are willing to rough it out then you could book through the Forest Department and get one of their cottages (no illusions of grandeur here) deep inside the forest, karapur is one such place, accomodation is cheap, but you will have to carry everything from bedding to provisions.
Thanks Luke, Say, per head cost I can increase upto is 1500 Rs per day, is there any option available? I can't choose the Forest Rest house option as we are still looking for some basic amenities atleast ;-)
Regards,
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2007, 09:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hi Kaushik, it is not about increasing/decreasing budget here, not much of tourist habitation out there so you will not find hotels like in other popular tourist attractions. Hope you get the point.
Lukeskywalker is offline   Reply With Quote