Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 5th October 2007, 11:30   #1

Default Ranganthittu route

Hi,

Have anybody been to Ranganthittu in the recent past?
Is the park open now and the easiest way from Bangalore?

Thanks
Kibi
kibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 13:07   #2
Senior - BHPian

Route: Bangalore - Mysore Road(SH17)

After crossing Srirangapatnam, you will get a right turn within 1-2km (it is marked for Brindavan Gardens, PowerGrid etc), it is not a signal...take it...immediately on entering that turn you will encounter a railway crossing...Ranganathithu is 4 km from there...route is pretty simple and straight from bangalore...

Park was reopened AFAIK...Pls check it once again..No issues, even if it is closed, go to KRS, Sangam, Balmuri Falls and have a nice one day leisure trip...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2007, 14:44   #3
Senior - BHPian

if you are planning to go to r'thitu, try to time it so that you enter when teh park opens in the mornings. there is generally a laye ro fmist on the lake(river?) till wbout 10 AM and boating at that time is pure bliss.

watch out for the monster crocs though!
himanshugoswami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 10:01   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Ranganthittu route

I am planning to visit Ranganthittu this weekend.

Does the place have any decent restaurants / snack points where we can have a light lunch ? Or do we need to bring food ?

I hope there are no food snatching monkeys there.

Also suggest some good eateries on Mysore road for breakfast.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:23   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Does the place have any decent restaurants / snack points where we can have a light lunch ? Or do we need to bring food ?

Rohan
You will get a restaurant inside Ranganthittu but not sure about the quality has never tasted the food there.

On the way to Ranganthittu, you will first find Kamath Lokaruchi after Ramanagar and the second option is MTR's Shivali Restaurant near Maddur, both a good places for breakfast and both come on the right side when driving from Bangalore.
motomaverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 11:30   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
You will get a restaurant inside Ranganthittu but not sure about the quality has never tasted the food there.

On the way to Ranganthittu, you will first find Kamath Lokaruchi after Ramanagar and the second option is MTR's Shivali Restaurant near Maddur, both a good places for breakfast and both come on the right side when driving from Bangalore.
The restaurant inside Ranganathittu is just okay type, but not bad when i had last. The better option is Kamat and MTR as motmaverick suggested.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 12:06   #7
BHPian

Thanks for the replies guys.

One more thing, is it possible to cover Ranganthittu, Mysore Palace and Brindavan Garden in one day ?

Please suggest some good restaurants for lunch in Mysore city.

Rohan
Old 14th December 2010, 12:22   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the replies guys.

One more thing, is it possible to cover Ranganthittu, Mysore Palace and Brindavan Garden in one day ?

Please suggest some good restaurants for lunch in Mysore city.

Rohan
Yes its possible to cover all that in one day but you will have a pretty long day However, i doubt you should go to Brindavan Gardens, as I had gone there this June and it was in pathetic condition, stinking & dirty.

However, if you want you can do the following:

Morning: Ranganthittu, Post which you can drive to Mysore and do palace darshan, have a late lunch and move to bridavan gardens in late evening for the dancing fountain show and head back to bangalore.

I usually have in Sri Guru Residency near the railway station, probably mysore guys can help you with some more options. There are pizza & burger options, i saw them in one of the roads leading to the palace.

Last edited by motomaverick : 14th December 2010 at 12:23.
Old 14th December 2010, 12:51   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post

I usually have in Sri Guru Residency near the railway station, probably mysore guys can help you with some more options. There are pizza & burger options, i saw them in one of the roads leading to the palace.
* Hotel Ramanashree on the Harding Circle (close to palace) is decent and the same complex has a Pizza corner.

* Hotel Sandesh (Welcome To Sandesh The Prince) which is also near Harding circle is good, little upmarket though.

* Gufha restaurant (part of PaiVista) opp. the bus stand is another good option (this is similar to the restaurant with same name in JNR 3rd block, essentially a cave like setting and funnily attired staff).

* Hotel Dasaprakash in the city center is preferred by tourists, couldn't figure out why though (as a Mysorean)

Nothing eatable in Rthittu and there'd be monkeys. Nothing decent in Brindavan gardens too, though I've seen a good no.of dhaba and garden restaurant types enroute. Enjoy maadi.

Prasad
prasad14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 14:36   #10
BHPian

Thanks a lot guys !

Will cover Ranganthittu in morning and Mysore Palace in afternoon.

Brindavan Garden is optional, will go if time permits.

Rohan
Old 14th December 2010, 14:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot guys !

Will cover Ranganthittu in morning and Mysore Palace in afternoon.

Brindavan Garden is optional, will go if time permits.

Rohan
All the best, will be waiting for the pics
Old 14th December 2010, 15:08   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Hotel Amaravathi is another decent place for breakfast. It's about 2 or 3 kms before reaching Mandya (when driving from Bangalore) and on the left hand side - just next to an HPCL Petrol bunk.

Couple of other decent restaurants in Mysore :

a) Hotel Sidharth very close to Hardinge circle (Can be quite crowded during lunch hours, but has plenty of parking)

b) Kamath hotel attached to Hotel Nalapad Residency. This is on Sayyaji road - When coming from Bangalore take a right on the next road after Mysore Ring road (this is the Mysore-Bangalore highway when you're going towards Bangalore), go about 2 kms and take a right at the big circle near the LIC building. The hotel is about 300 meters down this road on the left. Not too crowded, and enough parking.
kala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 16:39   #13
BANNED

You have Coffeeday, barista and Mac Donalds on the way for breakfast if that is your choice. In Ranganthittu try to hire a boat exclusive for your group (not expensive at all).
gadadhar is offline   Reply With Quote