Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2011, 12:03   #1576
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by musafir_blr View Post
Thanks Ranjit. What is the approximate time it should take?

Also any idea whether the road condition will be good if I take BLR-HUBLI-DHARWAR (left to connect to NH4A) - PANJIM? The reason I am asking is, Google map shows lesser time!
Don't think about doing NH4A, atleast for another years time, take NH63 - Yellapur - Ankola - Madgaon route. Keep arround 11 to 12 hrs in total including all sorts of breaks.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:04   #1577
BHPian
 
ethanhunt123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 822
Thanked: 189 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

NH4A is a hit or miss IMHO. Plus road is horrible in patches. Either the Yellapur or Amboli route are the best bets. NH4 A might be a little lesser in distance but it takes more time definitely with added headache of trying to avoid potholes.
ethanhunt123 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:11   #1578
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 60
Thanked: 13 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Hi

I am goin to Goa for just one day, going by train from Udupi to Madgaon and coming back next day, doing the trip mainly to enjoy the train journey.

I am driving from Bangalore to Udupi and on the way back via Kudremukh and stay in Kalasa back to Banglaore.

I have a 5 year old son.
Any suggestions on places to stay?

TIA
DoNotHorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:15   #1579
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 4 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Thanks a lot, Ethan, asdon. I think I will take the Yellapur road then.
musafir_blr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 12:42   #1580
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 959
Thanked: 600 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Would be travelling Shimoga to Goa coming week. What is the best route to take ? Any updates on the road conditions.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 13:42   #1581
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
Would be travelling Shimoga to Goa coming week. What is the best route to take ? Any updates on the road conditions.
Santosh - try this route if you want to avoid Gokarna

Shimoga - Sagar -Talaguppa - Sirsi - Yellapur- Ankola - Goa

Heard that road from Jog till Honnavar and parts of NH17 are not in good condition.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 18:49   #1582
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 959
Thanked: 600 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Santosh - try this route if you want to avoid Gokarna

Shimoga - Sagar -Talaguppa - Sirsi - Yellapur- Ankola - Goa

Heard that road from Jog till Honnavar and parts of NH17 are not in good condition.
any reason why Gokarna should be avoided ?

Anybody can update on the Jog to Honnavar route condition.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 19:13   #1583
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
any reason why Gokarna should be avoided ?

Anybody can update on the Jog to Honnavar route condition.
The road were broken in some streaches after this year's monsoon, and its single lane highway with lots of traffic both ways, so it will slow you down, though you will meet NH17 at Ankola, but with wider road/some traffic halted at Gokarna/ and better road condition, with no potholes(last time when I visited was 15th August). In Jog to honnavar route, some of the ghat section were broken/with holes, after you cross the ghat then its ok till Honnavar.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2011, 19:47   #1584
BHPian
 
rk_sans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 959
Thanked: 600 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
The road were broken in some streaches after this year's monsoon, and its single lane highway with lots of traffic both ways, so it will slow you down, though you will meet NH17 at Ankola, but with wider road/some traffic halted at Gokarna/ and better road condition, with no potholes(last time when I visited was 15th August). In Jog to honnavar route, some of the ghat section were broken/with holes, after you cross the ghat then its ok till Honnavar.
So your suggestion is as below, correct me if i am wrong.

Shimoga, Karnataka, India to Goa, India - Google Maps

How is Sagar to Sirsi road ?
I remember Sirsi to Yellapur and from there to Ankola is a single lane but very good road. This status was last year when i did Sirsi trip.
rk_sans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 15:33   #1585
BHPian
 
Prithvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 301
Thanked: 21 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

What's the shortest route to Panjim from Bangalore. With good roads off course! How are the present road conditions?
Prithvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:08   #1586
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prithvi View Post
What's the shortest route to Panjim from Bangalore. With good roads off course! How are the present road conditions?
Request you to please go through the last 3 pages, there are ample discussion on good roads & conditions on Goa routes, you will get your answer for sure, in none of the routes it will not exceed 670kms.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st September 2011, 17:09   #1587
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk_sans View Post
So your suggestion is as below, correct me if i am wrong.

Shimoga, Karnataka, India to Goa, India - Google Maps

How is Sagar to Sirsi road ?
I remember Sirsi to Yellapur and from there to Ankola is a single lane but very good road. This status was last year when i did Sirsi trip.
Sagar to Siri road condition is very good other than few patches which you can manage, its a single road though.
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 19:29   #1588
BHPian
 
rockyb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 253
Thanked: 11 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Yes - your info is useful. Planning to do the same. Is Yeswanthpur - Peenya - Nelmangala still a painful stretch? Specially while going - say @ 4 am? While returning I can take the D'blr - D'halli. But nowadays Airport road is always blocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbu567 View Post

After this -I took the State highway which diverts to the left at around the 12 th km from the Toll gate-that goes to Devanahalli as I wanted to avoid the Peenya madness,and also my destination is Hennur Main road-This road is decent and reached Devanahalli by 915-covering a distance of 50 kms-and then reached home by 1015 pm.

Hope those planning to do this route in future will find the information useful.
rockyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2011, 19:57   #1589
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,373 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyb View Post
Yes - your info is useful. Planning to do the same. Is Yeswanthpur - Peenya - Nelmangala still a painful stretch? Specially while going - say @ 4 am? While returning I can take the D'blr - D'halli. But nowadays Airport road is always blocked
The elevated toll road solves all the problem.
You need to take that route and not the freeway. That is very easy and no issues on traffic at all.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2011, 13:05   #1590
BHPian
 
zteg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Mangalore/Bangalore
Posts: 323
Thanked: 76 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries

How is the road from Belgaum to Goa. Is it possible to do the 120Kms in 2Hrs?

Is it a good idea to do Bangalore Belgaum Goa route. Bangalore Belgaum is around 510kms of 4 lane road.

Last edited by zteg : 1st October 2011 at 13:14.
zteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries magiceye Route / Travel Queries 2182 18th October 2017 06:30
Bangalore - Gokarna - Goa : Route Queries babupaul Route / Travel Queries 4 28th April 2016 08:15
Kochi - Goa - Hubli - Bangalore - Kochi : Route Queries MilesAndSmiles Route / Travel Queries 41 10th November 2015 16:16
Goa Route Queries windsurfer Route / Travel Queries 299 23rd June 2015 22:16
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore HarryB Travelogues 14 26th February 2012 20:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 18:22.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks