Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2010, 10:44   #1141
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore,Karwar,Vasco-Goa
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
What will be the best route to reach Candolim, Goa? It will be a night drive starting from Bangalore at 6pm.
Via Amboli is the best route for Candolim. Karwar is best avoidable as there will be lot of mining truck traffic in the night. You can reach Candolim from Mapusa, you may need to ask for directions. There is a deviation from Mapusa-Panjim road.Not sure if you can find anybody on the road the time you reach Goa.
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 10:56   #1142
BHPian
 
Otomobil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MKE,USA
Posts: 115
Thanked: 24 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
What will be the best route to reach Candolim, Goa? It will be a night drive starting from Bangalore at 6pm.
I did this route last week and i found the roads to be good.

I had started from Calangute-Mapusa-Pernem-Sawanthwadi-Amboli-Shinoli-Belgaum-Bangalore(NH4).

If you want to go directly to candolim via mapusa you will have to take a right turn after bharath petrouleum on NH-17,Karaswada, Mapusa.

Initially i too had a tough time to ask for directions, But once you reach Mapusa, you can find lot of boards for directions,

Coming from this direction, You will have to pass thru Calangute to Reach Candolim.

This leg of journey was about 664 KM from Calangute-Bangalore(Kanakapura Road, Via Nice Road)

Let me know if you need more details as i have recently done this and can give you pointers at fuel pumps, Etc.

Cheers !
Otomobil
Otomobil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 15:09   #1143
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otomobil View Post
I did this route last week and i found the roads to be good.

I had started from Calangute-Mapusa-Pernem-Sawanthwadi-Amboli-Shinoli-Belgaum-Bangalore(NH4).

If you want to go directly to candolim via mapusa you will have to take a right turn after bharath petrouleum on NH-17,Karaswada, Mapusa.

Initially i too had a tough time to ask for directions, But once you reach Mapusa, you can find lot of boards for directions,

Coming from this direction, You will have to pass thru Calangute to Reach Candolim.

This leg of journey was about 664 KM from Calangute-Bangalore(Kanakapura Road, Via Nice Road)

Let me know if you need more details as i have recently done this and can give you pointers at fuel pumps, Etc.

Cheers !
Otomobil
That will be very helpfull, initially when I decided to go to Candolim I dropped NH206, but I thaught I will take a left from NH4 in Dharwad, now it seems I have to drive down till Belgum..
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 18:34   #1144
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
That will be very helpfull, initially when I decided to go to Candolim I dropped NH206, but I thaught I will take a left from NH4 in Dharwad, now it seems I have to drive down till Belgum..

asdon read these post for your query from mapusa to Candolim

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1734938

read scrolling down to my post
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1756954-post177.html

Since you were talking about night driving I think you will reach in daylight. So you can ask for the mapusa bus stand and when you reach there, it's better to ask the route to condolim. Unless you prefer Sahir.Kitur's route via porvorim, betim, verem, nerul.
regards

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 8th July 2010 at 18:36.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 23:17   #1145
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Can anyone give me some information about this route?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-gpa-route.jpg  

asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 20:02   #1146
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore,Karwar,Vasco-Goa
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Can anyone give me some information about this route?
This route is not for cars from Ramnagar to Dharwad. I am told even truck drivers are avoiding this route.
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 12:49   #1147
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore,Karwar,Vasco-Goa
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default Neelmangala-Bangalore in 15 mins

Finally some good news on the Bangalore-Neelmangala stretch. The 4.5 Kms near Peenya flyover is expected to be opened in about a month's time. There are another 6 mini flyovers on the same stretch. Neelmangala-Bangalore in 15 minutes is what the headline for the news item in Bangalore Mirror states.
It is expected to be 20Km journey in about 15 minutes
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 14:08   #1148
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,254
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Ramnagar to Dharwad road will be ready in 1 year time. Karnataka BJP government is doing excellent job in addressing all long time pending work like comepleting and maintaining good quality roads etc.. Once same party is reelected in Karnataka in next assembly (2013) election expect much better work!!

Ravi.
ravibhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 14:18   #1149
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore,Karwar,Vasco-Goa
Posts: 110
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravibhat View Post
Ramnagar to Dharwad road will be ready in 1 year time. Karnataka BJP government is doing excellent job in addressing all long time pending work like comepleting and maintaining good quality roads etc.. Once same party is reelected in Karnataka in next assembly (2013) election expect much better work!!

Ravi.
I think they should definitely get time & another opportubity to improve the infrastructure.
Rajiv-Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 14:39   #1150
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
This route is not for cars from Ramnagar to Dharwad. I am told even truck drivers are avoiding this route.
hmm I am just checking my options, how about this one?
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Goa : Route Queries-goa.jpg  

asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 17:51   #1151
Senior - BHPian
 
cool_dube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,175
Thanked: 354 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
hmm I am just checking my options, how about this one?
asdon - a better alternate is Ramnagar - Londa - Khanapur (turn-off 5 kms before Khanapur) - Bidi - Kittur (NH-4) - Dharwad...
cool_dube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 20:34   #1152
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,891
Thanked: 19 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
hmm I am just checking my options, how about this one?
this route is ok, but with small correction. You may follow Dharward-Kittur-Bidi-Khanapur-Londha sector, it is much better than the others. i had travelled during Jan 2010 end, had encountered only approx 20 KMs of stretch full of pot holes.
StarVegabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 10:21   #1153
BHPian
 
asdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 950
Thanked: 292 Times
Default

Hi guys, just back from Goa last night. Took NH 206 while going, wify and in-laws insisted on Jog route. Started at 11:30pm, reached 12 noon at Panaji, with 1 hr break in Jog,30min in Shimoga and 30 min in Honnavar(Kamat). While comming back I was in experiment mode. And took a route I would not have taken if I knew the route before, but I am little more confident about my skills after I crossed this road, now you guys will know why I am writing this, my drive was an Alto, with 5 adults and fully loaded boot and 32 Ltr fuel. This was the route while comming back -
Attached Images
 
asdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 10:35   #1154
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
And took a route I would not have taken if I knew the route before, but I am little more confident about my skills after I crossed this road, now you guys will know why I am writing this, my drive was an Alto, with 5 adults and fully loaded boot and 32 Ltr fuel. This was the route while comming back -
asdon, Wow! you drove on the tilari ghat route. Thats Sahir.kittur's favourite route. Do you have any photos of the condition of the ghats. I knwo it's the shortest route from belgaum to mapusa, used mostly by the vegetable trucks. My house painter uses it to go to Kolhapur on his scooter every few months. How was the road conditions and wasn't the ghat roads only mud?

Last edited by deutscheafrikar : 18th July 2010 at 10:40.
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2010, 11:06   #1155
Senior - BHPian
 
deutscheafrikar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mumbai & Candolim
Posts: 1,155
Thanked: 316 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
And took a route I would not have taken if I knew the route before, -
asdon,

Okay after reading your post once more I've understood the statement you made. Perhaps you should have done a search on this route before venturing.
scroll down from
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1501504 (Best Route to Chorla Ghat - Need Advise)
read page 2 too

and the reason I asked you if the ghats were only mud
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1335078-post26.html
I think there are more photos someother place but cant remember exactly where
regards
deutscheafrikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mumbai - Pune - Kolhapur - Goa : Route Queries magiceye Route / Travel Queries 2185 21st October 2017 08:20
Bangalore - Gokarna - Goa : Route Queries babupaul Route / Travel Queries 4 28th April 2016 08:15
Kochi - Goa - Hubli - Bangalore - Kochi : Route Queries MilesAndSmiles Route / Travel Queries 41 10th November 2015 16:16
Goa Route Queries windsurfer Route / Travel Queries 299 23rd June 2015 22:16
Bem-Vindo ao Goa - Punto goes to Bangalore - Goa - Bangalore HarryB Travelogues 14 26th February 2012 20:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 23:12.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks