Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 23rd April 2012, 12:26   #316
BHPian

Default re: Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
No point taking this option. A friend traveled and few days back and was not happy at all.
Better to take Thuraiyur option.
Thanks a lot for your updates, is thuraiyur route safe at night times ? I did once this route last June (2011) & some how felt most stretches isolated. I was the only one driving then.
ravigop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2012, 17:14   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigop

Thanks a lot for your updates, is thuraiyur route safe at night times ? I did once this route last June (2011) & some how felt most stretches isolated. I was the only one driving then.
To the best of my knowledge there have been no crime related issues on the thuraiyur route. However it is a bit isolated and getting any assistance in case of a breakdown at odd hours might not be as easy as on the musiri road.
Personally I would go for the thuraiyur route even at night. The dart and duck driving on the musiri route is not entirely enjoyable either.
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 12:25   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Are there any recent takers of Karur-Trichy road? I did this route in May'2011 and the road was horrible at that time. I just wanted to know the current condition as its been 8 months since I tried this route.
karur to kulithalai is good and only from kulithalai do you have the old road, but even that has been topped recently. You can escape with a couple of potholes, if lucky.
sunsetorange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 14:09   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancersfx View Post
My uncle drove from Bangalore to Trichy yesterday and here's the route i suggested which turned out to be good. ::

From Blr > Hosur >> Salem >> Namakkal >> Thuraiyur road >> Pannanur >> Pagalavadi >> manachhanellur >> tollgate >>Srirangam.
Also attached is the gpx file for any gps users. Route indications only from Namakkal to trichy.

The zip file contains a .lmx file for use with Nokia phone with GPS as it doesn't support gpx files. Direct gpx file also uploaded..
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2638551

I used the above route while coming from Trichy to Bangalore and worked out great for me. Thanks lancerfx for the GPS attachment in your post - was really useful (I used it with a Nokia phone). I did not try the other routes (musiri, etc.) so I won't be able to compare but the above route is very good. Unfortunately I lost one hour just trying to get out of trichy city!
androdev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 14:14   #320
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Thanks lancerfx for the GPS attachment in your post - was really useful (I used it with a Nokia phone).
You are very welcome. Glad the gpx/lmx file helped.
lancersfx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2012, 20:10   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsetorange View Post
karur to kulithalai is good and only from kulithalai do you have the old road, but even that has been topped recently. You can escape with a couple of potholes, if lucky.
Majority of the road from Trichy to Kulithalai is still old. The stretch Kudamuriti river bridge --> Jeeyapuram (9Km) is not covered in the project at all. Only from Jeeyapuram till Kulithalai we should ideally have newly laid upgraded roads. But the reality is since kulithalai is bypassed in the new alignment which is still not ready we will have to negotiate close to 5km of old road that once existed. Inspite of all these still the roads new laid are not completely aligned with old roads and you will have sharp diversions. So the conclusion is whatever might be the scenario if driving by a passenger car better to avoid this stretch for another 2 years minimum.
ravigop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 08:56   #322
BHPian

Came back from Trichy yesterday.
Trichy-Pagalvadi-Kannanur-Namakkal-Salem-Banglore.
The railway overbridge at Namakkal towards Thuraiyur is complete.
Roads are in good condition throughout.
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 09:06   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Came back from Trichy yesterday.
Trichy-Pagalvadi-Kannanur-Namakkal-Salem-Banglore.
The railway overbridge at Namakkal towards Thuraiyur is complete.
Roads are in good condition throughout.
How much time did it take for the complete journey (excluding breaks) ?

Thanks.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 09:17   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
How much time did it take for the complete journey (excluding breaks) ?

Thanks.
Started around 1.15pm at Srirangam was in Namakkal by 2.45pm.
15mins break at A2B at Thoppur ghat. Around 6.25 pm crossed Attibele.
So around 5hrs to Attibele from Srirangam.I bypassed Banglore through Sarjapur-
White field - Budigere to Devanahalli enroute to Hyderabad
gajadonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2012, 09:20   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
So around 5hrs to Attibele from Srirangam.
Five hours from Srirangam to Attibele is a very good time window. Thanks.
Tempelhof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 10:39   #326
BHPian

Am planning for a trip next week to swamimalai from Bangalore. Idea is to leave Bangalore by 1 and reach swamimalai club mahindra at night. What should be the best route as I have a 5 month infant with me. There is a car seat for the kid, but still wanted to take a decent and safe route. Will Bangalore Salem namakkal thuraiyur trichy tanjore swamimalai the best? Can it be done in 7 hours? I have a Vento TDi.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 11:20   #327
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Will Bangalore Salem namakkal thuraiyur trichy tanjore swamimalai the best? Can it be done in 7 hours? I have a Vento TDi.
I think that is the best option. Where would you be at 1PM in Bangalore?
If you are on Hosur Road/BETL, then put 6 hours to Trichy. 40 minutes to Tanjore and another half an hour to Swamimalai.

Need to be careful beyond Tanjore as the road is not all that wide and there are lots of twistes going through fields.

For breaks I also noticed Aryas beyond Salem and before Namakkal.
Its about 40 km from Salem GRT signal (using the bypass).
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 11:26   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere

I think that is the best option. Where would you be at 1PM in Bangalore?
If you are on Hosur Road/BETL, then put 6 hours to Trichy. 40 minutes to Tanjore and another half an hour to Swamimalai.

Need to be careful beyond Tanjore as the road is not all that wide and there are lots of twistes going through fields.

For breaks I also noticed Aryas beyond Salem and before Namakkal.
Its about 40 km from Salem GRT signal (using the bypass).
Thank you. I will be starting from Hebbal. So I guess it takes 8 hours. How is the route via chitoor arcot tindivanam. Too long? Or the one via harur and gingee?
Old 28th June 2012, 13:00   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Thank you. I will be starting from Hebbal. So I guess it takes 8 hours. How is the route via chitoor arcot tindivanam. Too long? Or the one via harur and gingee?
I will not recommended it. You could better take Namakkal Trichy route and beyond that you will be driving after sunset. Until Tanjore, not a big problem, but beyond Tanjore you would need high attentive driving.

With 5 month old infant, i would definitely add additional hours to travel time for breaks (at the max 10 hrs in total), as i have done same drive few months back with my daughter while going to Kumbakonam.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2012, 10:41   #330
BHPian

Had been to Trichy and Swamimalai over the weekend. Took the namakkal kannanur pagalavadi Trichy route. Excellent roads, except for the uneven stretch in Thoppur ghat while returning. Lots of sun flowers between namakkal and kannanur. Very beautiful. Did hebbal to thillai nagar in 5.5 hours while going and 6 hours while returning.

Also took the Trichy saliyamangalam route to reach thirukarugavur than the normal tanjore swamimalai route. Found it to be good.