Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 14:26   #1
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Bangalore to Trichy : Route Queries

Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Trichy soon - just wanted your inputs on the road situation. Typically the route is straight forward: BLR - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Nammakkal - Musiri - Trichy. Specifically concerned about the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch & nammakal - trichy part - anyone been through this route & how is it after the rains recently ? Any good places to eat on the highway itself without having to deviate ? Thanks for your help...
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 15:55   #2
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,368
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default

Not been in the Namakkal-Musiri-Trichy route for years, but from a recent account, the road from Namakkal towards Dharapuram was in great shape. Normally, this Musiri route does not break up during rains.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 16:08   #3
BHPian
 
PRADEEP KUMAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 372
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Planning to make a trip from Bangalore to Trichy soon - just wanted your inputs on the road situation. Typically the route is straight forward: BLR - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Salem - Nammakkal - Musiri - Trichy. Specifically concerned about the Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri stretch & nammakal - trichy part - anyone been through this route & how is it after the rains recently ? Any good places to eat on the highway itself without having to deviate ? Thanks for your help...
Hi,
Salem to Namakkal -GQ work on hence slow traffic.
Nammakal to trichy road is double road with less traffic and in good condition.
Drive safe.Travelled ten days back from Yercaud to Trichy.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 16:24   #4
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 29 Times
Default

Krishnagiri to Dharmapuri is bad. Unseen potholes, some of them wheel breakers. 4 laning work in progress. Lack of shoulders at places.

Dharmapuri to Salem - can be broken into two parts. Dharmapuri to Thoppur is bad again except for the Thoppur Ghat section which is 6 lane, though even this has gone uneven now.

Best to avoid these sectors in the night time.

Thoppur to Omalur - again 4 laning is going on. so need to watch out.

Omalur bypass to Salem is good.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th October 2007, 21:15   #5
BHPian
 
blorebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 390
Thanked: 32 Times
Default

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...p-route-2.html (Bangalore to Erode - need help on route)

You can check here. I did this in 29Sep-2st Oct.
  • Kgiri - Dharmapuri - is same as mentioned by csentil
  • Dharmapuri to Thoppur - new potholes.
  • After Thoppur ghat 6 lane road another 20kms is very bad. Avoid in the night.
  • Salem - Namakkal - Not great but lot of traffic. Careful with oncoming Buses.
blorebuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 18:56   #6
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Thanks guys. Is the Hosur - Royakottah - Dharmapuri : route okay these days ? anyone tried that route ?
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 10:31   #7
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 80
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

May be a little stretch but a good scenic route.

Blr-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Kangayam-Karur-Kulithalai-Trichy

Let me know your feedback
Dhanasekaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 10:35   #8
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,368
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nssrini View Post
Thanks guys. Is the Hosur - Royakottah - Dharmapuri : route okay these days ? anyone tried that route ?
Someone reported the road to be in good condition but for a few pot holes here and there.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 10:36   #9
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,368
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
May be a little stretch but a good scenic route.

Blr-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Kangayam-Karur-Kulithalai-Trichy

Let me know your feedback
Bad roads reported between Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri. Mettur road in good condition. So is the road from Perunthurai to Kangayam.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 11:03   #10
BHPian
 
PRADEEP KUMAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 372
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanasekaran View Post
May be a little stretch but a good scenic route.

Blr-Krishnagiri-Dharmapuri-Thoppur-Mettur-Bhavani-Kangayam-Karur-Kulithalai-Trichy

Let me know your feedback
Hi,
This will add atleast 3/4 hrs travel time.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 13:01   #11
BHPian
 
S@~+#0$#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 701
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

I need to travel to Tirunellvelli from Bangalore. Would appreciate suggestions on the route I would need to take. Also, so that I can plan ahead, would be great help to know which sectors are in bad shape.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 14:22   #12
Senior - BHPian
 
hvkumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 7,368
Thanked: 3,322 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by S@~+#0$# View Post
I need to travel to Tirunellvelli from Bangalore. Would appreciate suggestions on the route I would need to take. Also, so that I can plan ahead, would be great help to know which sectors are in bad shape.
Best route to Tirunelveli is NH7 all the way.
Bangalore-Hosur 40-Krishnagiri 50-Dharmapuri 55-Toppur 25-Salem 40-Namakkal 55-Karur 45-Dindigul 75-Madurai 65-Virudhunagar 45-Tirunelveli 110, aggregating 595 kms.

If you are a fast driver, you can do this in a day notwithstanding some bad stretches. Facilities are good all along. Big towns like Salem, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar and Kovilpatti are all bypassed.

Bad sectors are in Krishnagiri-Toppur. Road widening in Omalur-Salem and some bad patches in Salem-Namakkal.
hvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 14:48   #13
BHPian
 
PRADEEP KUMAR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 372
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Best route to Tirunelveli is NH7 all the way.
Bangalore-Hosur 40-Krishnagiri 50-Dharmapuri 55-Toppur 25-Salem 40-Namakkal 55-Karur 45-Dindigul 75-Madurai 65-Virudhunagar 45-Tirunelveli 110, aggregating 595 kms.

If you are a fast driver, you can do this in a day notwithstanding some bad stretches. Facilities are good all along. Big towns like Salem, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar and Kovilpatti are all bypassed.

Bad sectors are in Krishnagiri-Toppur. Road widening in Omalur-Salem and some bad patches in Salem-Namakkal.
Hi,
The entire stretch from Karur/dindigul/madurai upto tirunelveli is on road widening work.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 16:43   #14
BHPian
 
S@~+#0$#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 701
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Best route to Tirunelveli is NH7 all the way.
Bangalore-Hosur 40-Krishnagiri 50-Dharmapuri 55-Toppur 25-Salem 40-Namakkal 55-Karur 45-Dindigul 75-Madurai 65-Virudhunagar 45-Tirunelveli 110, aggregating 595 kms.

If you are a fast driver, you can do this in a day notwithstanding some bad stretches. Facilities are good all along. Big towns like Salem, Karur, Dindigul, Madurai, Virudhunagar and Kovilpatti are all bypassed.

Bad sectors are in Krishnagiri-Toppur. Road widening in Omalur-Salem and some bad patches in Salem-Namakkal.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRADEEP KUMAR View Post
Hi,
The entire stretch from Karur/dindigul/madurai upto tirunelveli is on road widening work.

Thanks Guys, appreciate your help.
S@~+#0$# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2007, 19:36   #15
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 104
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Thanks for you inputs..Any new/good places to eat en-route beyond Krishnagiri and before Nammakkal ? I generally do not like going offcourse just for some bite..
nssrini is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chennai - Trichy : Route Queries sathya_j2084 Route / Travel Queries 122 17th March 2016 23:54
Trichy - Rameshwaram - Kanyakumari - Trichy saugdas Route / Travel Queries 26 21st January 2013 15:49
Did this last weekend - Chennai-Trichy-Dindigul-Kodaikanal-Madurai-Trichy-Chennai srikanthpotluri Route / Travel Queries 2 2nd November 2011 02:20
Bangalore Kanyakumari Rameshwaram Trichy Bangalore - One Hella Trip !!!!! lancersfx Travelogues 21 5th July 2010 14:01


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2016, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks