Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 24th August 2015, 15:29   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
...A point of concern for me is that my car insurance's geographical limit is India only...
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbus View Post
This exactly has been my querry whenever i think about taking my car to Bhutan...
Valid concerns, sirs.

All that it takes to get insurance for Bhutan is to take an add-on cover for the country. My car is insured by New India Assurance. They are charging me INR 500 for this add-on cover.
lucifer1881 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 15:34   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer1881 View Post
Valid concerns, sirs.

All that it takes to get insurance for Bhutan is to take an add-on cover for the country. My car is insured by New India Assurance. They are charging me INR 500 for this add-on cover.

Thanks! I presume one can buy this add-on in the middle of the insurance period, or will I have to wait till when my insurance renewal is due?
Tanmay K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2015, 21:21   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanmay K View Post
Hi all

I'm planning on making this drive (from Delhi) next April. A point of concern for me is that my car insurance's geographical limit is India only.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Tanmay
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post2964152 (Into the smiling embrace of “Druk Yul” – The Last Shangri La)

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2016, 17:01   #34

Default Bagdogra to Nagpur : route query and suggestions

Everyone,
I am riding from Bangalore to Sikkim and back. I have been going through lots and lots of posts here for past 2 months, very very helpful. I have not found much info about roads/routes in Bihar/Jharkhand hence this thread.

For my onward journey I am taking Bangalore - Vizag - Kolkata - Silguri route but for the return journey I am thinking of taking a different route and considering Bagdogra - Patna - Varanasi - Nagpur - Hyd - Bangalore.
Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!-screen-shot-20161109-15.02.19.png

When I break down this route there are different options to reach Nagpur
Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!-screen-shot-20161109-15.03.02.png
Route 1: Via Lucknow. Google says this is the fastest route although its 400Km more, assuming this means roads are better
Route 2: Muzafarpur - Patna - Varanasi - Rewa - Jabalpur - Nagpur
Route 3: Purnea - Ranchi - Sambhalpur - Raipur - Nagpur

I am bending towards Route 2. Could you help me with following:

1. Road conditions around Route 2
2. I am riding solo, never ride in dark but still anything I need to know about safety related information in these areas.
3. In Route 2, Instead of Muzafarpur -> Patna -> Varanasi I can also go via Muzafarpur -> Chapra -> Balia -> Gazipur, is that any better?
amit0rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2016, 09:17   #35

I did the above route starting 1st Dec. I did it in 4 days, could have easily done in 3 days but disappointingly Hyderabad doesn't allow bikes on ORR and I wasted 2 hours crossing Hyderabad traffic.

Day 1: Started from Somboray bazar, dropped my wife at Bagdogra airport + chain tightening (2 hours) and headed towards Muzaffarpur. Reached there around 6 so decided to stretch till Patna. Beautiful roads throughout. Most of it was single lane but good width and minimal traffic. Once you hit NH near Araria its 4 lane throughout.
Only place its dusty and too much traffic is just before Ganga bridge and till you cross Patna.
Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!-screen-shot-20161206-08.52.41.png Map: http://bit.ly/2h9xxoe
I left Bagdogra airport at 1pm and reached Patna around 7:30-8

Day 2: I initially planned to go till Bandhavgarh tiger reserve near Rewa but fog in the morning and then UP roads really slowed me down. I decided to stretch till Jabalpur.
Terrible start of the day with average speed of 35-40kmp for almost 6-7hours. Morning it was due to Fog. Fog continued till I hit NH at Sasaram. It took me 4-4.5 Hrs to reach there. Road condition was awesome, single carriage, no laning.
NH till Bhitti was well laid but one of the worst NHs I have ridden. Almost 20% of time I travelled on the wrong side as our side was blocked by trucks. There were no marking and lot of work pending for bridges etc.
Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!-screen-shot-20161206-08.53.54.png Map: http://bit.ly/2h9rvUO

This stretch took me more than 3.5Hrs to cross. I would never want to go there again. Big craters at places.
Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!-screen-shot-20161206-09.09.45.png Map: http://bit.ly/2h9sHrg

Once you enter MP, its beautiful 4 lanes with no traffic till Rewa. After Rewa roads are good moderate traffic, single carriage, 6 laning work going on all along in MP.
I left Patna around 5 and reached Jabalpur around 8

Day 3: From Jabalpur to Hyderabad.
Road condition is ok, no bad roads. Again started the day with fog. Only bad stretch was near pench national partk. Just when you enter jungle till Mansar. From Mansar its all 4 lane.
Bangalore to Bhutan, by road!-screen-shot-20161206-08.55.43.png Map: http://bit.ly/2h9vjWj
I left Jabalpur around 5am and reached Hyd around 5pm

Day 4: Hyd to Bangalore.
4 Lane. Started around 5 and reached Bangalore Airport by 11

Feel free to PM me for details.
amit0rana is offline   Reply With Quote