Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 14th October 2007, 12:55   #1
BHPian

Default Mysore - Yeswantpur - Airport - Mysore : Route Queries

Hello friends,

i need a route detail in this sequence ..

Mysore to Yeswantpur without touching majestic. Is it possible?

Then from Yeswantpur i have to go to bangalore domestic airport. Which route will be the shortest and with less traffic?

Then from Airport, back to Mysore.

I will be starting early morning by 4.30 from mysore, need to pick up my father from yeswantpur Railway Station, then go to Airport to pick up my brother whose flight will be arriving at 9.00 am(pick hour for people going to office 18/10/2007).

Help me guys with the shortest route possible .

Thanks
madaboutCARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 17:39   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Hello friends,

i need a route detail in this sequence ..

Mysore to Yeswantpur without touching majestic. Is it possible?
Yes, take the ring road, which will come first to your left...

Quote:
Originally Posted by madaboutCARS View Post
Then from Yeswantpur i have to go to bangalore domestic airport. Which route will be the shortest and with less traffic?
During office hours nothing is shortest, but I would suggest you to take the following route (assuming you leave YPR at 7:30AM):
Yeswantpur - CV Raman Circle - Chowdaiah Road - MG Road - Airport Road

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 17:53   #3
Senior - BHPian

Ok follow this route its pretty simple and straight...

Mysore Road take a left towards the Outer Ring Road.

Watch out coz once you reach Tumkur Road , you need to continue on Tumkur Road to reach Ypr Railway Station.

Following the ring road will take you elsewhere.

Now from Ypr Railway Station here goes the route.

CV Raman Avenue -- Mekhri Circle -- Munireddy Palya -- take a left and follow Nandi Durga Road(abt 100 mtrs from the TV Tower) -- Ask anyone for old Madras Road and drive till you reach IndiraNagar Bus Depot(on your right) and ask anyone how to reach the Airport.

If you enter Sankey Road/MG Road/ Airport Road on a monday morning you sure will take 3 hrs to get to the airport from Ypr.
rjstyles69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th October 2007, 21:54   #4
BHPian

thanks rjstyles69 and akroy. i have noted the route suggested. i am bit confused on where exactly i have to take left ... i mean to say suppose i am entering bangalore (on the left bangalore university comes) then from there where i have to go .. if i follow straight without turning right(which leads to banshankari) i will some to the mall on the left hand side where macdonlad is there and then comes the fly over. Are you saying me to go down the fly over towards the left which comes out near railway station ...

Please clarify..

thanks again.
madaboutCARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2007, 07:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69 View Post
CV Raman Avenue -- Mekhri Circle -- Munireddy Palya -- take a left and follow Nandi Durga Road(abt 100 mtrs from the TV Tower) -- Ask anyone for old Madras Road and drive till you reach IndiraNagar Bus Depot(on your right) and ask anyone how to reach the Airport.

If you enter Sankey Road/MG Road/ Airport Road on a monday morning you sure will take 3 hrs to get to the airport from Ypr.
Mad: There is big left side deviation (the first one on SH17), I think there is a left direction for Hosur which is clearly marked on Mysore Road

The route suggested by Rj is my preferred one but I thought it would be crowded in office hours, for Nandidurga left turn (there is a HP bunk in the corner)
If confused ask for Indiranagar BDA complex there not airport...

From BDA to Airport is straight forward...

Abhi
akroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 08:22   #6
BHPian

Default re: Mysore - Yeswantpur - Airport - Mysore : Route Queries

Mysore-KIAL-Mysore Route query:
Planning to take my car to drop daughter family at Airport and then returning to Mysore.Their flight is around 1.00 AM.
Request the best route I need to follow.
I remember last time(Night time) we got held up by a heavy traffic jam at a level crossing somewhere near Jalahalli.An over bridge was also being built to facilitate smooth movement..Is the over bridge functional now? If not,any alternate route you suggest?
Thanks
virgopal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 08:44   #7
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Mysore - Yeswantpur - Airport - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopal View Post
Mysore-KIAL-Mysore Route query:
Planning to take my car to drop daughter family at Airport and then returning to Mysore.Their flight is around 1.00 AM.Request the best route I need to follow.
Had it been day time, I would have suggested :

Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Neligere-Kumigal-Nelamangala-Doddaballapur-Devenahalli-KIAL Easily the best option to bypass Bangalore.

But wont suggest for night drives. In your case, just go through the city via JC Road. Dont take the ORR.

Last edited by ampere : 24th December 2015 at 18:43.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 09:45   #8
BHPian

Default Re: Mysore - Yeswantpur - Airport - Mysore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Had it been day time, I would have suggested :

Srirangapatna-Nagamangala-Neligere-Kumigal-Nelamangala-Doddaballapur-Devenahalli-KIAL Easily the best option to bypass the of Bangalore.

But wont suggest for night drives. In you case, just go through the city via JC Road. Dont take the ORR.
Thanks ampere.Will go via JC rd thro City..In that case,if I start @6PM from Mysore,I may reach airport well before the reporting time at~ 10PM or so(International Flight)
Will take same route while returning,as we may leave Airport by 12 midnight.
Hope Airport-City route(Mekhri circle>Raj Bhavan>KR Circle>Townhall>Mysore Rd) is safe enough at that time
Old 24th December 2015, 09:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks ampere.Will go via JC rd thro City..In that case,if I start @6PM from Mysore,I may reach airport well before the reporting time at~ 10PM or so(International Flight)
Will take same route while returning,as we may leave Airport by 12 midnight.
Hope Airport-City route(Mekhri circle>Raj Bhavan>KR Circle>Townhall>Mysore Rd) is safe enough at that time
With a 06:00 PM start from Mysore I guess you will be reaching near Town hall around 08:30 PM. From there to Hebbal will take another one hour easily and from Hebbal around 20 mins to airport.

If you are traveling tonight (Long weekend) do factor in the rush at major inter state bus pick up points and around town hall junction.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 12:42   #10
BHPian

Thank you mpksuhas for your advice.Then I think 6 PM start will be quite fine.
And we are not travelling during this long weekend.It will be Jan 8/9th and by then
hopefully rush would have come down.
Thanks anyway for alert due to holiday rush this weekend.
Old 24th December 2015, 15:13   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Then I think 6 PM start will be quite fine.
On the contrary, what I mentioned in earlier post was that may be you should consider starting a bit early since you will be reaching airport only just in time for check-in.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 15:16   #12
BHPian

Oh, I misunderstood!..Thanks for clarifying.. I will start around 5PM to be on safer side
Old 24th December 2015, 15:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
On the contrary, what I mentioned in earlier post was that may be you should consider starting a bit early since you will be reaching airport only just in time for check-in.
I was going to say the same, start early from Mysore and if you are reaching the airport sooner then you can always stop at some of the hotels on the KIAL road for a quick snack and refreshment. Better to be early than late.
dass is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2015, 18:02   #14
Distinguished - BHPian

Now this is certainly very interesting. I have been staying on this side of Bangalore since 2006 and have returned from Mysore many times (Mostly on a weekday as I seldom drive to Mysore on a weekend) and never taken the City Route to reach home.

There are much simpler options to reach KIAL (I stay near Hebbal) rather than the city route. Honestly, even today I wont drive all the way passing Satellite Bus Stand - KR Market - Town Hall - KG Road - Atria Hotel - Chalukya - Highgrounds - Mekhri Circle - Hebbal - KIAL when you can do the following peacefully:

NICE - Tumkur Road - NBTL - Yeshwantpur - Mathikere - BEL Circle - Hebbal - KIAL

(This one helps avoid ORR mess at the undone Railway crossing)

On a Weekday or the day when the weekend is starting, traffic towards the city on this route is sparse if you compare the mayhem at Goreguntepalya Jn on Tumkur road for all the outbound Traffic.

Even Yeshwantpur flyover leading towards the city is well managed every since Mathikere Junction has gone signal free. On this route, your only short bottlenecks are the following:

1. Wait at Goreguntepalya Signal after getting down NBTL (5-10 mins max or at times less than few seconds)
2. Passing Mathikere Area till BEL Circle (10 minutes max or less than 5 mins as well)

On the other hand, if you opt for City route, you will have to manage traffic right from Town Hall, Chalukya, Mehkri Circle, Hebbal, Esteem Mall etc even at 8-9pm. Trust me, I say this because this has been my daily route at the same time (9-10pm return) since the last 5.5 Years.

I can give a little complex but again a superb time saver option than the above route but that would be confusing for a first timer.

I am confident about the NICE - Yeshwantpur - Mathikere option as I also take NICE road many times to return home during peak hours from Electronics city and I am aware of the traffic pattern at this hour of the day (Between 8-10pm).

Bottom line:

If you are driving into Bangalore for KIAL except a Sunday, you can always stick to the above route barring only 5:30-7:30PM.

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th December 2015 at 18:31.
paragsachania is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2015, 08:25   #15
BHPian

Thanks a lot paragsachania for detailed suggestions..I was dreading the city pass through route via J.C Rd/Mekhri Circle.
So,I now plan to start at @5 PM on 8th and will take NICE road option to reach KIAL and return.
As it is night driving, I am engaging a driver and will ask him to follow NICE route only to avoid signal and other delays.
Thanks also for highlighting the short bottle necks which are manageable.