Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 20th October 2016, 19:59   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Gulbarga.

Belgaum - Gulbarga looks fine, though after Bijapur I am not very sure. Will let you know if I get more info.

Kurnool will be a suitable place for a halt.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 07:19   #32
Team-BHP Support

I would still suggest go via NH7 and then into Sedam. That option I think can turn out to be smoother.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2016, 08:02   #33
BHPian

Belgaum - Bagalkot - Bijapur - Gulbarga is the standard and preferred route while driving from Goa/Belgaum to Hyderabad. You will get many latest updates on this stretch in the Hyderabad to Goa thread ( route queries section ).
vivek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2016, 14:55   #34
Senior - BHPian

Well I completed the trip (quoted below) and am updating thread with latest road conditions.

Belgaum to Gulbarga
Belgaum - Bagalkot - Bijapur - Gulburga
Total distance = 376 km
Travel time as per Google= 6 hrs 31 mins
Actual time taken 6 hrs (including half hr breafast break at Bijapur) with an early morning 4:30 am departure. So city traffic was nil.
Roads are good throughout. No worries at all. Some stretches the road surface is breaking up. Still one can carry on at an average of 60 kph. Few months down the line the deterioration will accelerate unless resurfacing is taken up. But no major potholes and such.
Do note there are no worthwhile eateries with toilets along the way. We were forced to go into Bijapur town for breakfast which delayed us a bit. Otherwise I could have taken the ring road which bypasses the town.

Gulbarga to Bangalore
Gulbarga - Sedam - Kodangal - Mahbubngar - Bangalore
Total distance = 640 kms
Travel time as per Google = 9hrs 8 mins
Actual time taken : 8 hrs (excluding breaks)
We broke this journey at Kurnool where we halted for the night at Hotel DVR Mansion, Kurnool. Very decent hotel and good food too.
Gulbraga to Sedam is a two lane tolled road. Fast and smooth roads here are a real pleasure. Sedam to Mahbubngar is also decent but not as good as Gulbarga - Sedam. You need to cross Mahbubnagar town to hit the HYD - BLR highway and google took us through some very narrow market streets . Once you hit the HYD BLR highway its smooth sailing to BLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
I've got to visit Gulburga this month. Have never visited the place and what's more I'll be doing Belgaum - Gulburga and then Gulburga - Bangalore.

Google maps gives the foll routes

Belgaum to Gulburga
Belgaum - Bagalkot - Bijapur - Gulburga
Total distance = 376 km
Travel time = 6 hrs 31 mins

Gugburga to Bangalore
Gulburga - Sedam - Kodangal - Mahbubngar - Bangalore
Total distance = 640 kms
Travel time = 9hrs 8 mins
Santoshbhat is offline   Reply With Quote