Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 17th November 2008, 19:53   #16

Anyone can give me a status update on the route from Blore to Madikeri? How are the roads now and which is the best route??? Through Virajpet or thru kushalnagar
djdryeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 20:15   #17
BHPian

The best route is Bangalore->Srirangapatna(Take right towards Ranganthittu. It joins Mysore->Hunsur road at a place called Elwala)->Hunsur->Piriyapatna->Kushalnagar->Madikeri. The roads upto Kushalnagar are fabulous. Just watch out for the mud humps placed by the local villagers which can catch you unawares. Kushalnagar->Madikeri is ok but not too bad either.
The roads around Virajpet aren't great so recommend sticking to the above route. Hope this helps
Taz-On-The-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 09:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabjarus View Post
I was in Coorg 2 weeks back. Took the following route as suggested by Abhi in his travelogue: Bangalore – Ramanagaram – Channapatna – Maddur – Mandya – Srirangapatnam - Hunsur – Piriyapatna - Kushalnagar – Suntikoppa – Madikeri.

Roads are good till Kushalnagar (except for a few rough patches). However, Kushalnagar is hell. NO ROADs..! From Kushalnagar to Madikeri the roads are broken & potholed.

I clocked approx. 575 kms (Sarjapur rd - Madikeri - bk). Each way was abt 5hrs.

If you stay in Koramangala / Jayanagar side of town take the Kanakpura rd and get into NICE road. This road joins Mysore road much after the traffic points.

Hope this helps.
I stay in sarjapur and would be going to Mysore next week I think.
BY taking kanakpura road you mean the road which passes from Metro which latter joins NICE. Correct me if I am wrong
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2008, 15:30   #19
BHPian

@aka_iitd, the road on which METRO is situated is the Kanakapura road. And you're right, if you go a little further you will get the NICE road on the right hand side. This road connects to Mysore Road and will save you a lot of time.
Taz-On-The-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 14:15   #20
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Any update on KushalNagar- Madikere stretch. Is it still as bad as it was earlier?
WheelWake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 14:47   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hi Guys,

Any update on KushalNagar- Madikere stretch. Is it still as bad as it was earlier?
I can say one word horrible. Got update from my friend who went to Madikere one month ago. Try going to Madikere through Nisargdham - Dubare route. I think 10KM more but better. You can check the directions at KushalNagar bus stand. Nisargdham is 2KM from KushalNagar
aka_iitd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 14:55   #22
BHPian

You can take Kushalnagar---Guddehosur-----Tyagathur (on the way to Siddapur) and take a right turn at Tyagathur which joins to Siddapur Madikeri road and proceed towards Madikeri. This road is good and I have started using this road whenever i travel to my native during weekends. The road between Kushalnagar and Madikeri is horrible.
Hemanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2009, 17:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
I can say one word horrible. Got update from my friend who went to Madikere one month ago. Try going to Madikere through Nisargdham - Dubare route. I think 10KM more but better. You can check the directions at KushalNagar bus stand. Nisargdham is 2KM from KushalNagar

+1 to that. I travelled on this route last weekend and was very disappointed with the road.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:50   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
+1 to that. I travelled on this route last weekend and was very disappointed with the road.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemanth View Post
You can take Kushalnagar---Guddehosur-----Tyagathur (on the way to Siddapur) and take a right turn at Tyagathur which joins to Siddapur Madikeri road and proceed towards Madikeri. This road is good and I have started using this road whenever i travel to my native during weekends. The road between Kushalnagar and Madikeri is horrible.
Well Iam here in Madikeri since ages and I really dont see any progress on the road work. Its progressing way too slowly. The best road is via Dubare as Hemanth has mentioned above.
princezahed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2009, 23:01   #25
BHPian

How is the rain situation there now, guys?
Planning for a trip to Coorg(Club Mahindra) in the middle of August..
aniyahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2009, 13:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Occasional drizzles, mostly cloudy but even sunny sometimes, that's how it was yesterday and day before. We loved the weather.
kaushik_s is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2009, 21:51   #27
BHPian

Does the route suggested by Hemanth pass through Nisrgadham and Dubare also?? ( He hasn't mentioned those names..)
aniyahr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 10:22   #28
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Coorg (2 day trip)

Guys, anyone done the Bangalore - Coorg trip recently. Wanted an update on the road conditions.
amit.mishra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 10:38   #29
Team-BHP Support

Bangalore-Coorg is almost very good.
Bangalore-Mysore is 4L
Mysore-Hunsur: Beautiful 2L
Hunsur-Kushalnagar-Madikeri is decent.

Beyond Hunsur it depends also depends on where you want to go (North or South Coorg).
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2011, 10:49   #30
BHPian

Infact, Mysore - Madikeri is butter smooth. Its a pleasure to drive on these roads. I took this road only last week end.
jkrishnakj is offline   Reply With Quote