Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 31st July 2012, 10:22   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore - Coorg (2 day trip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasad14 View Post
Hi,

Please refer to the separate thread On Bypassing Bangalore for enough information on bypassing Bangalore.
I don't quite remember any North-to-SouthWest bypass alternatives discussed in that thread, though I could be wrong. As far as I know, there's no N-SW bypass option that is more recommendable than the other, and it's not very straight-forward either.

If the hour is bad, it could be worthwhile to go via Yelahanka New Town (Yelahanka Rd), from which route there are a couple of alternatives though either could well confuse a first-timer.

To keep matters simple, one might want to go all the way to Hebbal and take the outer ring road to Tumkur road and then take left on to NICE road which transports you all the way to Mysore road. The stretch between Hebbal and Tumkur road can easily ruin your day, though!
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 10:48   #47
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
I don't quite remember any North-to-SouthWest bypass alternatives discussed in that thread, though I could be wrong. As far as I know, there's no N-SW bypass option that is more recommendable than the other, and it's not very straight-forward either.
Its better to go via Devanahalli-Doddaballapur instead of Hebbal. Lot of constructions.

Here are the posts on the bypass thread on this topic: (North to South-West)
(Option 3 is better but has some rough patches. Many folks from HYD have done this)

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post1947878 (On Bypassing Bangalore)

More elaboration on Option 3.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post2206142 (On Bypassing Bangalore)
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2014, 17:31   #48
BHPian

Hi,

I am planning a trip from bangalore to coorg this weekend. A couple of colleagues suggested that the mysore route has lots of speed breakers and instead we should go via Hassan/Shravanabelagola route.

I am quite confused since on this forum everyone has recommended the mysore route.

Trip Details
Starting Point: Indiranagar
Destination: Mahindra Resorts
Vehicle: SX4
Will be travelling with family.

Please suggest which route will be best.

Thanks in advance
sameerg is offline   Reply With Quote