Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 14th May 2012, 23:15   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Bangalore to Alleppey - Best Route and places

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
There's a Saravanabhavan (or New Saravanabhavan) somewhere around Karumathampatti on the right hand side of the road when you're travelling from Bangalore to Coimbatore - but I don't think it has any connection with the real "Saravanabhavan" chain.
It was mentioned that the location is 80 kms from Salem. This sounded more like between Bhavani and Perundurai. As about SaravanaBhavan, there are infinite number of them in TamilNadu and even in some Kerala towns/cities (remember seeing reletively big one on Banerjee Road in Ernakulam near St. Albert's college). But, there must be a way to identify the big chain, right? I guess they all have "HSB" written along with on the nameboard. Any clues?
ajithbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 11:21   #32
BHPian

Hi Guys, I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Alleppey. This is a family trip with a small baby. Date is not yet decided, could be late Nov or early Dec. As all the posts here are dating back to 2012, thought if I could get a more recent route update. Plan is to leave Bangalore early morning around 4-4:30. Return would be after 2 days. I would be the only person driving

Would highly appreciate any route suggestions.
adutta2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2016, 13:24   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Hi Guys, I am planning a road trip from Bangalore to Alleppey. This is a family trip with a small baby. Date is not yet decided, could be late Nov or early Dec. As all the posts here are dating back to 2012, thought if I could get a more recent route update. Plan is to leave Bangalore early morning around 4-4:30. Return would be after 2 days. I would be the only person driving

Would highly appreciate any route suggestions.
Bangalore - Aleppey would take around 11 hours. I would suggest to stay at Kumarakom instead of Aleppey. Kumarakom would take around 10 hours.

Route - Bangalore - Salem - Coimbatore(by pass) - Palakkad ( By pass )
- Mannuthy - Angamaly - Aluva - Edapally - Vytilla - Cherthala - Alapuzha.

You can have recent updates on the route in the below thread.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...erala-666.html (All Roads to Kerala)
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 00:19   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Bangalore - Aleppey would take around 11 hours. I would suggest to stay at Kumarakom instead of Aleppey. Kumarakom would take around 10 hours.
Any particular reason why you recommend staying at Kumarakom instead of Alleppey? Sorry I havent travelled to Kerala beyond Munnar, so I am not aware
adutta2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2016, 09:53   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adutta2k View Post
Any particular reason why you recommend staying at Kumarakom instead of Alleppey? Sorry I havent travelled to Kerala beyond Munnar, so I am not aware
Kumarakom is a better place to stay. Aleppey is a busy town. Take a house boat in Kumarakom. You can also go to Aleppey from Kumarakom if you like.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote