Go Back   Team-BHP > Buckle Up > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th May 2011, 11:57   #106
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,375 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post
Actually I used to take the turn off a little further on NH46 just before Natrampalli. It used to be a decent single lane road. If my memory serves correct Tirupathur used to 14 kms or so from there. You need to take a U turn and join the road, the turnoff used to be marked on the signboard, off late I don't travel towards Tiruvannamalai from Bangalore so do not make it a point to notice for this turnoff.
I used to be off opinion, anything other than Bargur will lead you through Jolarpet. Today when I saw the maps, I see a road from Netrampalli, which by-passes Jolarpet.

Is that the route you were referring to?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 12:08   #107
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 343
Thanked: 243 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
While doing high speeds on NH46, its very easy to miss the Bargur exit.
Exactly. Its very difficult to notice that. Best option is to slow down 10 kms after Krishnagiri and I also noticed a huge ashram or institute kind of thing after I came on to NH-46.

Also as someone posted in this thead before, there is no direct route from Dharmapuri to TVM. I enquired with the locals and only known route from TVM is through Chengam-Krishnagiri to get to Dharmapuri.
samabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 12:18   #108
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,375 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

I only had mentioned that there is a direct road from TVM to Dharmapuri. Its a SH through Harur and does not touch Chengam at all. I think its very much there. Just that I am not aware of its road status.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 12:26   #109
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 343
Thanked: 243 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I only had mentioned that there is a direct road from TVM to Dharmapuri. Its a SH through Harur and does not touch Chengam at all. I think its very much there. Just that I am not aware of its road status.
Really?? I did enquire with lot of people there. No one knows a word about it. May be I will mention about Harur and find out.
samabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 13:27   #110
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,375 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by samabhi View Post
Really?? I did enquire with lot of people there. No one knows a word about it. May be I will mention about Harur and find out.
There is a Harur road from TVM (The same one which leads to Sathanur dam).
I have seen the marking for Dharmapuri on this SH and am very sure, that this road wont go through Chengam.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2011, 14:35   #111
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,045
Thanked: 140 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I used to be off opinion, anything other than Bargur will lead you through Jolarpet. Today when I saw the maps, I see a road from Netrampalli, which by-passes Jolarpet.

Is that the route you were referring to?
The one am referring goes via Pudupettai marked in Google Maps. Am not sure if you remember, a good couple of years back you used to have a Police check post just before Natrampalli especially during the nights. The detour am talking of is just at this point.
pypkmsrikanth is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 19:19   #112
BHPian
 
droolingvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Planning On TVM this week-end. I am going to try through vellore as the road through Mathur is real bad, when last (4 months back) I went.

If any of you have recently gone through the MAthur road and know the status, please update. It will avoid 100 Kms of extra miles for me.

And if anyone knows of a decent family stay options which is in MIG (.5-1.5K) budget, would be helpful.

thanks in advance
droolingvoyager is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 22nd September 2011, 20:20   #113
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,375 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
Planning On TVM this week-end. I am going to try through vellore as the road through Mathur is real bad, when last (4 months back) I went.

If any of you have recently gone through the MAthur road and know the status, please update. It will avoid 100 Kms of extra miles for me.

And if anyone knows of a decent family stay options which is in MIG (.5-1.5K) budget, would be helpful.

thanks in advance
Try the Bargur-Tiupathur-Singarapettai route. This way I think you may have to endure only a small distance of bad roads.

Bengaluru, Karnataka to Thiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps

Here is one for stay.

:: HOTEL ASHREYA - Luxury Hotel in Thiruvannamalai

Very decent place but access was pathetic. Especially driving to the hotel at night scarred me.

The other place is Arunai Anantha
Welcome to Arunai Anantha Resort Hotel
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2011, 13:00   #114
BHPian
 
droolingvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Try the Bargur-Tiupathur-Singarapettai route. This way I think you may have to endure only a small distance of bad roads.

Bengaluru, Karnataka to Thiruvannamalai, Tamil Nadu - Google Maps


The other place is Arunai Anantha
Welcome to Arunai Anantha Resort Hotel
I will try this route - ( Bargur-Tiupathur-Singarapettai ) thanks for the info. I am going to stay at Arunai Anantha Resort. its 500 bucks cheaper to Hotel Ashreya. However If more budget option is there, it would have been better.
droolingvoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 12:21   #115
BHPian
 
droolingvoyager's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 97
Thanked: 77 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Back from TVM and I must say for all going to TVM or Pondy to use this route (Bargur-Tiupathur-Singarapettai) - Seingarapettai to TVM is still marked with those distinctively obscure potholes which are hard to see. A speed of 60 kms/hr is can safely be maintained.

I stayed at Ramana Residency, economical, clean and budget (1600 Rs for a 2 bedded double bedroom with A/C), Although no room service is available. Restaurants are in close proximity.
droolingvoyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 13:42   #116
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Try the Bargur-Tiupathur-Singarapettai route. This way I think you may have to endure only a small distance of bad roads.....
Folks

My In-laws drive thru this route to Bangalore from TVM and the road is very good.

Thiruvannamalai-Thanipadi(SH64)-Harur-Morappur-Karimangalam(on NH7)-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Bangalore


Do avoid the NH66 like plague
polopm is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 18:02   #117
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,375 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by polopm View Post
Folks

My In-laws drive thru this route to Bangalore from TVM and the road is very good.

Thiruvannamalai-Thanipadi(SH64)-Harur-Morappur-Karimangalam(on NH7)-Krishnagiri-Hosur-Bangalore


Do avoid the NH66 like plague
Thats really a good piece of info. So are you saying Karimanagalam-Morappur-Harur-Tiruvannamalai is good to drive.
I was nor sure of road status from Harur to Dharmapuri/Karimanagalam. Hence could not comment.

Alternatively I had heard from members here about Chengam-Harur-Salem to be good.
And so was Tiruvannamalai-Harur section being good.

So only point then to note if for people recognize the correct exit from NH7.
In that high speed drive one can easily tend to miss it. Any pointers on that?
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 18:31   #118
BHPian
 
polopm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 438
Thanked: 120 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Yes it is decent, you will have few patches where you need to stick to about 40-50 , but the feedback is good so far. Harur Salem is pretty cool as well with some nice bends(but it will be big detour). I relished the drive !

Hmm not sure on how to locate the turn. Let me ask my FIL when I meet him next.
Cheers !

Last edited by polopm : 26th September 2011 at 18:31. Reason: added feedback for Salem Harur !
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 23:13   #119
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York, Bangalore, Calicut
Posts: 438
Thanked: 96 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Thats really a good piece of info. So are you saying Karimanagalam-Morappur-Harur-Tiruvannamalai is good to drive.
I was nor sure of road status from Harur to Dharmapuri/Karimanagalam. Hence could not comment.

Alternatively I had heard from members here about Chengam-Harur-Salem to be good.
And so was Tiruvannamalai-Harur section being good.

So only point then to note if for people recognize the correct exit from NH7.
In that high speed drive one can easily tend to miss it. Any pointers on that?
Wherever you see the right turn/exit towards Karimangalam, better to slow down and just a further towards Dharmapuri side, look for a main road (2-laned SH) going to your left. Remember seeing Morappur board, not sure whether it was only in Tamil though !

Some friend of mine from Omalur was saying that Dharmapuri->Morappur->Harur is a decent SH during summer this year. The local cab fellows use to take this route to Vellore CMC and Tirupati/Chennai. Not sure which interim route (Chengam/Thanipadi etc.) they take on their way !
ajithbr is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2011, 23:19   #120
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,483
Thanked: 8,375 Times
Default re: Bangalore - Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajithbr View Post
Wherever you see the right turn/exit towards Karimangalam, better to slow down and just a further towards Dharmapuri side, look for a main road (2-laned SH) going to your left. Remember seeing Morappur board, not sure whether it was only in Tamil though !

Some friend of mine from Omalur was saying that Dharmapuri->Morappur->Harur is a decent SH during summer this year. The local cab fellows use to take this route to Vellore CMC and Tirupati/Chennai. Not sure which interim route (Chengam/Thanipadi etc.) they take on their way !
If that section is good, then it makes a perfect alternative route.
This difference in distance is hardly 40km.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bangalore - Chennai - Bangalore : Route Queries madan80 Route / Travel Queries 2794 16th October 2017 18:25
Chennai to Thiruvannamalai : Route Queries kiran Route / Travel Queries 32 11th February 2017 23:37
Bangalore Thiruvannamalai mogambo Travelogues 9 13th November 2007 09:20
Bangalore -Thiruvannamalai - Pondicherry route. Ram Pratap Route / Travel Queries 2 25th September 2007 15:49


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks